Haskell / ACL / Trust / CCFC Administration (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Land Rover, citizen, Lear, Vodafone, Dell, T M Lewin among others.

Well I have knowledge of one of those partners and its safe to say its a bit like we are now a partner with Warwick Uni - i.e. it costs nothing to be a partner

NorthernWisdom

It's not like league fans are flocking to Union games and vice versa during the respective close seasons.
Well, it's a different geographic base, so not so easy to do that. Only recently Rugby League has moved to a summer programme too, and that was as much to try and capitalise on just that, sports fans who wanted a fix in the off-season.

Not really that different a sport either, hence the movement of union players to league when league was amateur, and now the other way round (and sometimes the constant crossing). They've evolved slightly differently, but the ultimate point of league was to pay its players!

NortonSkyBlue

It doesn't matter how big their partners or brand are, they're losing £10m a year when £60m in debt and £35m of that due to be repaid in less than two years.
I would wager that Wasps with an asset are far more likely to restructure any debt than we are. Time will tell of course.

BigadamL

His time at the club has seen first top six finish in aeons, two Wembley wins, and a first league title in over 50 years.

There'll be a statue to him really, one of the most successful chairmen we've ever had!
Through gritted teeth, you’re right

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Those names might be big - but I bet we will be paid more by a smaller company for sponsorship than the big companies will pay Wasps.

you ask where we would be if we were in a relegation battle? Who knows - fact is we weren’t so that question is irrelevant

NortonSkyBlue

Those names might be big - but I bet we will be paid more by a smaller company for sponsorship than the big companies will pay Wasps.

you ask where we would be if we were in a relegation battle? Who knows - fact is we weren’t so that question is irrelevant
Well that’s a fact, however the dice certainly are rolling our way for next season with points deductions etc.... I hope we won’t get the answer to what if? At the end of next season.
My view is that we will be competitive and hopefully the winning mentality we have will stand us in good stead.

Orca

Fisher did say what Wasps paid was overpriced. He may yet be proved right.
Did he really say that? I remember the CCFC in administrion offer for the Higgs shares being described as "very generous" by him, but not not overpriced. Kind of flies in the face of the whole reason for JR2 and the EU action doesn't it?

chiefdave

Well I have knowledge of one of those partners and its safe to say its a bit like we are now a partner with Warwick Uni - i.e. it costs nothing to be a partner
Presume you're referring to JLR. Vodafone and Ericsson are the same, Wasps wanted their services but didn't want to pay and had things they couldn't get sponsors for.

Aren't some of the others on that list Premiership Rugby partners rather than Wasps?

Nick

Administrator
Wasps bought it at market value and bought a long lease rather than insisting on an unencumbered freehold and a dodgy debt deal. CCFC always had first option and could’ve bought the Higgs shares at the same price whenever they wanted. They never wanted. They repeatedly said they didn’t want.

Whenever a deal is close for a ground or a rental deal or a piece of land, Seppala drops in and scuppers it.

Wasps didn’t get the Ricoh because of an evil cabal of councillors mate. They just went in an negotiated properly and followed through. Sisu could’ve done that at any time.

I think @Peter Billing is right, their hand probably is stronger if CCCs only options are Sisu or open market (where no one will want it), I just see nothing to suggest that’ll be enough and Seppala won’t drop in and decide to wait it out and bust ACL or whatever instead of just making a bid.

Stupid games. Stupid prizes.

Wasps were being hawked about years before, the Wasps owner was planning it before he even bought Wasps.

Is that the same as "building trust" in terms of selling as well?

Did they buy it at market value? Amazing how the value shot up over night when they wanted to load debt against it. Meanwhile somebody from the Trust who was saying "do not sell to SISU because they will mortgage it up" was creaming himself over it and going to the press about how great it was.

The Higgs share was slightly different on it's own, wasn't it?

Peter Billing

Wasps bought it at market value and bought a long lease rather than insisting on an unencumbered freehold and a dodgy debt deal. CCFC always had first option and could’ve bought the Higgs shares at the same price whenever they wanted. They never wanted. They repeatedly said they didn’t want.

Whenever a deal is close for a ground or a rental deal or a piece of land, Seppala drops in and scuppers it.

Wasps didn’t get the Ricoh because of an evil cabal of councillors mate. They just went in an negotiated properly and followed through. Sisu could’ve done that at any time.

I think @Peter Billing is right, their hand probably is stronger if CCCs only options are Sisu or open market (where no one will want it), I just see nothing to suggest that’ll be enough and Seppala won’t drop in and decide to wait it out and bust ACL or whatever instead of just making a bid.

Stupid games. Stupid prizes.

I just think although CCFC always had the option, they didn't want the debt in ACL, but that's a pricing issue, nothing more, nothing to do with bankrupting charities or whatever other hyperbole chucked about on social media. Ok sure Wasps paid it and took the risk - but we can ask now in hindsight, 6 years on, how is that deal working out for them? And remember that was a better deal than the one available to CCFC. If it were CCFC in Wasps financial position now we'd be asking what on earth was going on. The debt doesn't work.

You'd hope that, if the lease reverted, we'd see a Council now unencumbered by that loan, and as well the experience behind them with Wasps, going into any negotiation with different priorities than 2014.

CJ_covblaze

Have to say I’m ashamed and if had known there was any discussions between Wasps and any Trust board member regarding them being involved in a takeover of CCFC I would’ve resigned on the spot and I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have been alone too. All I can say is sorry.

Grendel

Have to say I’m ashamed and if had known there was any discussions between Wasps and any Trust board member regarding them being involved in a takeover of CCFC I would’ve resigned on the spot and I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have been alone too. All I can say is sorry.

Didn’t you ever talk to any of them?

Frostie

So the board members don't only fail to consult with the members they claim they represent but they don't even talk to each other?

Nick

Administrator
How didn't you know????? David Johnson pretty much confirmed it at trust meeting you were streaming.

It just took eyes

Same as when nobody knew about Roger Ellis. How?

CJ_covblaze

How didn't you know????? David Johnson pretty much confirmed it at trust meeting you were streaming.

It just took eyes

Same as when nobody knew about Roger Ellis. How?

If it’s the meeting and comment I presume you’re referring to all he said was something like he was pretty certain Wasps would be accommodating to any new CCFC ownership structure. He didn’t mention anything about Wasps being in talks with with anyone regarding them taking a stake in CCFC.

Either way it didn’t sit comfortably with myself and others as it was further evidence that other parties involved with the whole saga would put getting SISU out over the good of CCFC and the community.

CJ_covblaze

So the board members don't only fail to consult with the members they claim they represent but they don't even talk to each other?

To be fair he wasn’t on the board at the time. Having said that anything discussed on behalf of the trust be it by a board member or any other member should be disclosed accordingly imo.

To make it clear I did know about the few meetings that went on between Trust reps and some of the consortiums that showed interest. There’s nothing wrong with that at all and it would go against the ideals of any Trust to not do that. What would concern me is an organisation such as Wasps or their parent companies getting involved.

Nick

Administrator
If it’s the meeting and comment I presume you’re referring to all he said was something like he was pretty certain Wasps would be accommodating to any new CCFC ownership structure. He didn’t mention anything about Wasps being in talks with with anyone regarding them taking a stake in CCFC.

Either way it didn’t sit comfortably with myself and others as it was further evidence that other parties involved with the whole saga would put getting SISU out over the good of CCFC and the community.

He said he knew that Wasps would let a Phoenix Club play there, this wasn't long after the Hoffman and Elliott pictures meeting with Wasps.

It doesn't really take a genius though does it?

So if they weren't board members in Ellis and Johnson, why on earth were you letting them meeting with consortiums in the Trust name?? Just goes to show it doesn't matter who has their name on the list of board members doesn't it.

CJ_covblaze

He said he knew that Wasps would let a Phoenix Club play there, this wasn't long after the Hoffman and Elliott pictures meeting with Wasps.

It doesn't really take a genius though does it?

So if they weren't board members in Ellis and Johnson, why on earth were you letting them meeting with consortiums in the Trust name?? Just goes to show it doesn't matter who has their name on the list of board members doesn't it.

Roger was a board member and with David’s vast experience in the financial and accountancy sector it would make sense for someone like him as a Trust member to attend a meeting with any potential investor.

Nick

Administrator
Roger was a board member and with David’s vast experience in the financial and accountancy sector it would make sense for someone like him as a Trust member to attend a meeting with any potential investor.

Yeah it made perfect sense to just people on the Trust board at the time it seems but nobody else. Get Lionel down there as well, proper fuck CCFC over.

It is as I said, people who weren't on the board having more of a say than people like yourself who were but letting you take all the shit...

Frostie

As always Trust acting as self serving, parasitic, charlatans. Happy to destroy the football club they farcically claim to love so that they can play footy owners. Utter disgrace

I'm glad people have finally started to see through their sham organisation.

Fergusons_Beard

Why the hell didn’t you raise your voice (with those others) and challenge them then?

Too many stayed quiet in those meetings for fear of being labelled as SISU sympathisers when in reality those Trust ‘representatives’ were bloody traitors to the very club they purported to support!

Like most have said from the off (& mainly down to these ‘representatives’ )the Trust are seen as corrupt, liars and self-centred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CJ_covblaze

Yeah it made perfect sense to just people on the Trust board at the time it seems but nobody else. Get Lionel down there as well, proper fuck CCFC over.

It is as I said, people who weren't on the board having more of a say than people like yourself who were but letting you take all the shit...
If that is the case I’m not sure what I could’ve done differently really. Just feels like a waste of time for myself and a few others.

CJ_covblaze

Why the hell didn’t you raise your voice (with those others) and challenge them then?

Too many stayed quiet in those meetings for fear of being labelled as SISU sympathisers when in reality those Trust ‘representatives’ were bloody traitors to the very club they purported to support!

Like most have said from the off (& mainly down to these ‘representatives’ )the Trust are seen as corrupt, liars and self-centred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The concerns we had were raised.

Nick

Administrator
If that is the case I’m not sure what I could’ve done differently really. Just feels like a waste of time for myself and a few others.

Not much now but not defended people like that at every turn who were letting you take the shit while they were scheming shite all the time.

I did point it out multiple times over the years.

Skyblueweeman

If we are to get back to Coventry it will be with the consent of Wasps and as much as I hate that I would much rather be in Wasps shoes than ours.

I can't understand how anyone would want to be in Wasps shoes rather than ours, sorry. Other than 'owning' the Ricoh, they're playing in a part of the country that after a bit of a fanfare at the start, seems to be lacking interest in them, they owe circa £30m in bond repayments when there's plenty to suggest they'll struggle to make them, rumours that Richardson won't invest more money, a world leading auditor has binned them over apparent 'creative accounting' and on the pitch they're really struggling compared to their aspirations and expectations when they turned up.

Erm, not for me thanks.

NortonSkyBlue

I can't understand how anyone would want to be in Wasps shoes rather than ours, sorry. Other than 'owning' the Ricoh, they're playing in a part of the country that after a bit of a fanfare at the start, seems to be lacking interest in them, they owe circa £30m in bond repayments when there's plenty to suggest they'll struggle to make them, rumours that Richardson won't invest more money, a world leading auditor has binned them over apparent 'creative accounting' and on the pitch they're really struggling compared to their aspirations and expectations when they turned up.

Erm, not for me thanks.
My point stands even if I want it to be the opposite. As I said time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread