Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Has Thorn Gone?

stgeorge1966

Squad Player
Joined
Mar 23, 2011
Messages
803
Reaction score
575
Now I know we hear rumours all the time but in the space of the last 20 minutes I have had 2 texts from friends saying they have heard Andy Thorn has resigned !!!!
Just wondering has anybody else heard anything 2nite
 
Well, where did your friends hear this?
 
One lives in Oxford and he said he has heard from a sports reporter from the local paper, I know rumours start all the time just passing info on. The other friend hasn't answered my text to see where he heard it from !!
 
Done a quick round of the websites, nothing yet. I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if he had.
 
I wouldn't blame him he's not been backed by the board to even get one loan player in.
 
So much stuff being rumoured now about the club,, Latest Carsley will be the new manager on Saturday with AT going back to his scouting role..... Whatever is happening i cant imagine its going to be good... We are now not only being run into the ground but ran by a board that seems to have control or support from with fans or within the club...
 
If he has it will be the final straw for many fans, I sick to the teeth of Orange Ken and his cronies giving us loads of bullshit. Just tell the truth Tango Man instead of this constant bollocks. Andy Thorn has never been backed by the board from day one, bastards
 
Havent seen anything online either, would you blame him tho sisu and the board have made a fool of him no backing what so ever if they actually went away and gave him money plus loan signings i think thorn would do well.
 
Now confirmed


































that I will be shortly going to the fridge for another beer.
 
Not on the CCFC site.... besides Harrison would be the temp in charge i'd have thought. Carsley aint no manager!
Not convinced! If it is true though then remaining positive can be shat out in a second
 
Not on the CCFC site.... besides Harrison would be the temp in charge i'd have thought. Carsley aint no manager!
Not convinced! If it is true though then remaining positive can be shat out in a second

Same could've been said after Boothroyd went but they put Thorn in charge then. I hope this is just a stupid rumour by the way. 19 games is a ridiculous amount of time, especially with what's happening at our club.
 
One lives in Oxford and he said he has heard from a sports reporter from the local paper, I know rumours start all the time just passing info on. The other friend hasn't answered my text to see where he heard it from !!

I'm from oxford mate I have heard nothing
 
i sincerely hope not,
is the reply to the thread headline,
we CCFC fans, do not deserve this level of turbulence,
we are a club in crisis, brought about by (hidden) owners who profess to know so much about football,
it is not the 1st time that this has happened, doubtless it will not be the last, BUT,
those who are 'not' SKY BLUE' should make a realistic and honourable exit,
i personally feel it's time for 'the four letter word lot' to exit,

to the players i say, you are COVENTRY, (a phoenix that will rise from the ashes)
go for it !!!!!!!!!!!
to the anonymous owners i say, 'better luck next time',

PUSB
 
apparently there is going to be an announcement from the board tomorrow morning, although it could just be about the spin doctor
 
would it matter if he had? Everytime we have a bad result and people question the manager the reply usually is "he has an impossible job, he can't affect anything due to lack of funds".

so really its doesn't make any odds who is the manager or if we have one at all
 
Agree.

And we all know that if Thorn goes, up to the plate would step Steve Harrison.
 
Agree.

And we all know that if Thorn goes, up to the plate would step Steve Harrison.

Yoda speak, it is now. lol

Harrison wouldn't do it, of this I'm sure. So... Who else?
 
Whats another manager change up the City anyways? Its just how we roll.

Seriously though I can't see it. If Andy has any aspirations of becoming a decent manager walking out on our shower of a club wouldn't be a good move.
 
He put himself out of the race last time, and the time before that. I can't say I blame him! He seems to have the most secure job at the club!
 
A mate made a bet with at the begging of the season that Oggy would be manager by the end of the currnet season. :thinking about:

I laughed and said no way but maybe he's going to take a tenner off me yet?
 
He put himself out of the race last time, and the time before that. I can't say I blame him! He seems to have the most secure job at the club!

He did, but interestingly enough he has always stayed on the management team in a coaching or assistant manager capacity. Be interesting to see what would happen if the board says take the manager's role or you are out of the door with AT.

Just wonder if he has turned it down before because he has been guaranteed a position at the club.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom