Harvey Weinstein / Sex Scandals (1 Viewer)

Otis

Woah, things have moved on at a pace. Netflix have just pulled the plug on House of Cards.

It's an awkward one isn't it. Is there proof of this allegation about him with this 14 year old?

Otis

Okay, right, I see it is now 3 allegations.

This just proves that people are scared to come out of the woodwork until one person is brave enough to do so.

Nick

Administrator
Headline news this morning was a bloke putting his hand on a woman's leg, woman tells him to fuck off.

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is the people / celebs who are just waiting to stick the boot in.

I can understand why victims may not speak out, but like when the Kevin Spacey stuff comes out you have these celebs going all out giving it the "We all knew about you" and giving it loads. Don't give it all that now somebody else has had the courage to speak about it.

If people like that know everything and what's happening, I would assume they have reported everything they know to the authorities?

Otis

What I don't get is the people / celebs who are just waiting to stick the boot in.

I can understand why victims may not speak out, but like when the Kevin Spacey stuff comes out you have these celebs going all out giving it the "We all knew about you" and giving it loads. Don't give it all that now somebody else has had the courage to speak about it.
Yeah, agree. Fully understand why victims wouldn't come forwards, but these people in the know who suddenly come out with the 'oh yes, it is well known in our circles' sort of thing is a tad annoying.

Weinstein was a huge figure in the movies with the power to hire and fire. Spacey not quite so powerful. People could surely have spoken out about him without ramifications.

Nick

Administrator
45D8E3F000000578-5033455-A_dossier_pictured_redacted_by_MailOnline_naming_36_Tory_MPs_is_-m-2_1509415874725.jpg

Can understand when it is things like actual sexual assault but the list has some really random stuff on. Fair enough get everybody out who is forcing themselves on people and committing crime but again it's going to end up getting a bit OTT.

Although how do they find out things like MPs like to have sex with men who wear women's perfume?

fernandopartridge

Interesting that the Evening Standard ran the Kevin Spacey story as its primary front page headline yesterday, alongside a smaller piece about the Tory list......

Joy Division

If what I'm hearing is true I'd expect to hear a lot more about Kevin Spacey's behavior. Pretty nailed on career ender.

Otis

If what I'm hearing is true I'd expect to hear a lot more about Kevin Spacey's behavior. Pretty nailed on career ender.
Really? That would be a real shame from an acting performance point of view, but justice has to be done. If he's done wrong he's done wrong.

Joy Division

and from an old reddit post

Kevin Spacey loves to meet straight men at parties and events, and use his celebrity to lure them to after parties where he gets them drunk and high, and then suddenly tries to blow them. He’s another Bill Cosby. He’s well known in Hollywood for harassing male staff on productions. And he famously made a false police report a few years back after he was assaulted by one of the many men he’s tried to blow. He picks his victims perfectly, because what straight man would want to be famous worldwide for accusing Kevin Spacey of a sexual assault? And the staff he harasses on productions are too afraid of destroying their careers to say anything. Kevin Spacey is a disgusting scumbag.

chiefdave

I can't get my head around the 'everyone knew' idea. Kuenssberg was on BBC News talking about this list of Conservative MPs and said nobody was surprised as it had been an open secret for years.

If that's the case how can nothing have been done? One thing if a particular victim doesn't feel able to come forward but when things are common knowledge surely someone could have done something.

martcov

I can't get my head around the 'everyone knew' idea. Kuenssberg was on BBC News talking about this list of Conservative MPs and said nobody was surprised as it had been an open secret for years.

If that's the case how can nothing have been done? One thing if a particular victim doesn't feel able to come forward but when things are common knowledge surely someone could have done something.

Maybe you spend more time in the House of Commons bar. It seems to be where a lot happens, but no one bothers about it. Until it hits the fan.

Captain Dart

Should hope so... he has been getting it too easy.

Grendel

Er she doesn’t consider herself a victim.

oakey

I think more men are surprised by this than women. This kind of behaviour is well known and people don't speak up because the perpetrators, some men and some women, are powerful and rich and seem untouchable. It may be common knowledge but it is difficult to prove. Once you fail to make an allegation stick you are out, so why risk it?
How would you prove it if you accused someone? Most of this behaviour can be explained away with, "I was only ... it was consensual ... why are you making such a fuss" etc.
I have seen this behaviour, in a low level way, many times. Years ago I worked in an office layout in which one middle aged man had a kind of cubicle. All the women were reluctant to enter his lair and the men said nothing or laughed off any mention of his alleged behaviour to some women. It was just seen as one of those things. I heard him making inappropriate comments to the teenage girls but I never saw him do anything. Powerful people feel entitled to use others and the rest of us fail to notice or turn a blind eye unless we are the victim.

Nick

Administrator
Where are the parents and why does nobody think it's weird for a bloke to be asking teenagers to go and spend the weekend with him in the first place?

clint van damme

Now coming out that May was told that party whips were using sexual misconduct against MPs to ensure loyalty when she was Home secretary.
Time for her to open a full enquiry and sack those found guilty no matter the party or seniority. I'd sack the whips responsible as well.

clint van damme

Michael Fallon resigns. Ni chance he did that just because he got caught putting his hand on someones knee the mans shameless, must have been more to it.

Grendel

Now coming out that May was told that party whips were using sexual misconduct against MPs to ensure loyalty when she was Home secretary.
Time for her to open a full enquiry and sack those found guilty no matter the party or seniority. I'd sack the whips responsible as well.

Strange you mention that (which I find no evidence of) but fail to mention the alleged rape allegation and subsequent cover up from the labour establishment?

Grendel

Michael Fallon resigns. Ni chance he did that just because he got caught putting his hand on someones knee the mans shameless, must have been more to it.

Indeed. He should have just said all gays are fudge packers or all Jews in Israel should be deported to the USA - then he’d be fine.

clint van damme

Indeed. He should have just said all gays are fudge packers or all Jews in Israel should be deported to the USA - then he’d be fine.

if you think making comments, no matter how distasteful, is worse than sexual assault then you really need a good think about things.
I was disgusted with the tories cull the poor Whatsapp group but it's not in the same league as what's coming out of Westminster at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread