Harvey elliot injury v leeds (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Leg looked like it was flopping around , poor lad

Tackle didn't look malicious at all

ccfc92

Completely accidental IMO.

Obviously feel for the lad and wish him a full recovery, but typical Liverpool "fans" response making out they're the first club to have a player break their leg.

ccfc92

People calling for an extended ban on the player sent off 🤣 surely has to be rescinded?

Evo1883

Looking at the challenge, it looks like his trailing left left he was attempting to use to get up after the challenge has stayed in elliots leg and causes the break

ccfc92

Never be rescinded, completely reckless definite red card

Can't agree at all.

Great tackle, won the ball cleanly and you could do that 100 times again and Elliott's leg won't be broken. Unlucky accident with the trailing leg.

Evo1883

So yea , can't believe somebody has not only edited the images, but watermarked them .. you can see the trailing leg is what causes the break .

I'd say it's probably a red card on that basis , accidental or not as it's arguably also classed as from behind ... just my opinion E_Gi-qEXEAYByrC.jpeg

ccfc92

So yea , can't believe somebody has not only edited the images, but watermarked them .. you can see the trailing leg is what causes the break .

I'd say it's probably a red card on that basis , accidental or not as it's arguably also classed as from behind ... just my opinion View attachment 21767

He's not even facing him or looking at him when contact is made, so how would you say it's a challenge from behind?

Evo1883

He's not even facing him or looking at him when contact is made, so how would you say it's a challenge from behind?

I don't know it's a tough one , there's no doubt the trailing leg breaks elliot leg .

It's not intentional , but does that mean it's not red ? Not sure really hard decision

Evo1883

The challenge for people to make their own minds up(wasnt a horror challenge )

I still think it's red , fuck it don't know ...

Hope he recovers soon

ccfc92

Hope he recovers soon

Whats mental, is I've had it where I've stepped in front of someone and planted my leg to take the ball away as the other player shoots, then they've whacked the back of my leg, really common thing and 9/10 no broken legs.

His trailing leg has somehow put enough pressure on the ankle/leg and its snapped.

I don't think it's a red, I think it's just a freak accident. Most importantly, hopefully it's a "clean" break and he doesn't have any complications going forwards.

Ccfcisparks

Whats mental, is I've had it where I've stepped in front of someone and planted my leg to take the ball away as the other player shoots, then they've whacked the back of my leg, really common thing and 9/10 no broken legs.

His trailing leg has somehow put enough pressure on the ankle/leg and its snapped.

I don't think it's a red, I think it's just a freak accident. Most importantly, hopefully it's a "clean" break and he doesn't have any complications going forwards.
It’s probably because his legs aren’t fully developed and he hasn’t got the support round his ankle to take the pressure

jimmyhillsfanclub

Footballer dislocates ankle in unfortunate non malicious tangle after a tackle......and the drama queens hit the boost button...... classic lfc supporters reaction.....

so weird for a club who have arguably had more drama than any other British club to make such a fucking song and dance about a bog standard injury, like they do so many other things....

hope the lads ok but ffs....fuck off with the drama.

SBT

Footballer dislocates ankle in unfortunate non malicious tangle after a tackle......and the drama queens hit the boost button...... classic lfc supporters reaction.....

so weird for a club who have arguably had more drama than any other British club to make such a fucking song and dance about a bog standard injury, like they do so many other things....

The reaction from the Sky commentators was like the Hindenburg had just exploded, and to even show a partial replay would be like airing a snuff video.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hope he recovers soon

On the Sky replay Pawson doesn’t even think it’s a foul and lets play continue. Only when Salah shows the severity of it does he stop it

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If the ref thought it was that bad and deserved a red he'd have stopped the game immediately. He didn't. It was only when Salah reacted and it was clear Elliott was badly injured did he stop. The when he saw how bad it was did he send him off.

The ref made the decision based on the injury, not the tackle.

no_loyalty

All the scousers at work thought a straight red was the right decision, of course.

fernandopartridge

They're having a minute's silence for his ankle ligaments next week

mark82

Well

Dislocation is alot more positive atleast

The dislocation is why you see his foot pointing the wrong way. Highly unlikely there isn't a break that goes along with it. Does look a lot worse than it probably is though. Will be out a while but should recover as long as damage isn't too bad.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's a bit rich from them given the two footed flying lunges Gerrard used to do.

Users who are viewing this thread