hartlepool (1 Viewer)

sky_blue_up_north

We've only sold 350 tickets, the away end holds over 1000, so pretty sure you will be able to POG

skybluejelly

got mine and sons today quite suprised its £25 for adults and £13 for juniors makes us look cheap by comparison

sky_blue_up_north

got mine and sons today quite suprised its £25 for adults and £13 for juniors makes us look cheap by comparison

We keep moaning about ticket prices for the Ricoh, but we are pretty competitive overall.

wingy

Between 3-4 hrs wage for a lot of people on min or living wage ,way too much, some legislation required I think.

Tonylinc

Between 3-4 hrs wage for a lot of people on min or living wage ,way too much, some legislation required I think.
Symptomatic of the way football has been going for some time I think. It thinks that because it is our national sport it can get away with it. A very big crash will come soon!!!

wingy

Symptomatic of the way football has been going for some time I think. It thinks that because it is our national sport it can get away with it. A very big crash will come soon!!!
Just seen on the BBC text ,one of papers has an Article projecting the TV rights deal is about to break the £5b. ceiling ,utter stupidity .With the present economic situation I hope Sky et al catch a cold like ITV with the Championship ,people are facing decisions that involve scaling back on most luxuries ,even necessaties and sky is very much one of them.

steveo1987

Just seen on the BBC text ,one of papers has an Article projecting the TV rights deal is about to break the £5b. ceiling ,utter stupidity .With the present economic situation I hope Sky et al catch a cold like ITV with the Championship ,people are facing decisions that involve scaling back on most luxuries ,even necessaties and sky is very much one of them.

Supply and demand in the capitalist world,do you have sky sports?

pipkin73

Supply and demand in the capitalist world,do you have sky sports?

Although Sky and Bt will pay loads you have to remember the foreign tv rights. Most countrys show the games and in the Middle East the bidding is fierse. Abu Dhabi Sports pay a fortune to televise every game including ALL 3p.m. Saturday Kick off games (the most expensive games to show). But look at the web site enclosed and you will see how many countrys have brought in to the Premiership. They have bidding wars against each other before they even contact the Premier League to try and buy. Al Jazeera show all international games, loads of FA Cup games, Boxing, Rugby and the Championship etc. After that they lost the chance to even bid for the Premiership to due monopolism they formed the Abu Dhabi network that shows all Premiership games and Formula 1. One company splitting itself just to get the rights to the Premiership games. Sky pay loads but foreign TV stations build it up big time and keep increasing the amount to keep them just like Sky. Web site enclosed is http://www.livesoccertv.com/schedules/2012-11-17/ far better than lj's these days

Last edited:

wingy

So some savvy Boycott of SKY organised over the Internet in this country would have very little effect due to these international arrangements by the sound of it.

Otis

I have Sky Sports but hardly ever watch it for league football.

Only really have it for 4 reasons.

1. To catch the City if we're on for an away game.

2. To catch England matches.

3. For the NFL

4. For the odd major sporting event (Ryder Cup, Ashes etc.)

Think if they lost the rights to the NFL though I'd probably stop subscribing. Hardly ever watch a Premier, Championship or lower league football match.

Users who are viewing this thread