Hardly an auspicious return (1 Viewer)

AucklandSkyBlue

It's not easy being a Sky Blue on the other side of the world. A couple of years ago, we started getting "The Football League Show" on Sky, so that for the first time in years I could see my team on the telly and find out what the chaps playing for us looked like. I'd just got the handle on Jutkewicz when we sold him. Then we got relegated and are no longer guaranteed to be seen on the show. Still, no problem, it's about time we had a trip back to the Old Country, so earlier in the year we started planning our trip to the UK from New Zealand, for this comong December. The missus is a Liverpool fan and will be taking The Boy to Anfield for his first time. I had similar intentions with respect to CCFC, having last seen them in the flesh play at Highfield Road with my grandfather (a lifelong SkyBlues man) beating Leeds in 1996. But...no, I can't bring myself to go to Northampton. What a collossal let-down. Still, there's always away at Bristol City on Dec 21.

It's not easy being a Sky Blue on the other side of the world. A couple of years ago, we started getting "The Football League Show" on Sky, so that for the first time in years I could see my team on the telly and find out what the chaps playing for us looked like. I'd just got the handle on Jutkewicz when we sold him. Then we got relegated and are no longer guaranteed to be seen on the show. Still, no problem, it's about time we had a trip back to the Old Country, so earlier in the year we started planning our trip to the UK from New Zealand, for this comong December. The missus is a Liverpool fan and will be taking The Boy to Anfield for his first time. I had similar intentions with respect to CCFC, having last seen them in the flesh play at Highfield Road with my grandfather (a lifelong SkyBlues man) beating Leeds in 1996. But...no, I can't bring myself to go to Northampton. What a collossal let-down. Still, there's always away at Bristol City on Dec 21.

And some real beer!! Hope you enjoy the trip back home:claping hands:

AucklandSkyBlue

Oh yes, real beer. mmmmmmm real beeerrrrrr......

And, sorry about the Swindon/Bristol slip-up. I realised not long after (dooohhhh!!!). Still, both play in red and separated by just a few miles of M4. Anyway, that's what comes of trying to recall fixture lists from memory!

Users who are viewing this thread