Happy Mondays (1 Viewer)

Otis

Playing the Godiva Festival this year.

Moff

Looking forward to this, to see a band that take me back to earlier days. Just to see Bez dancing like an arse will be good for me.

From the same era I remember seeing 808 State at the Festival quite a few years ago, they were good apart from the four or five power failures that kept disrupting the set!

bringbackrattles

Not a big fan myself but got me thinking who I'd like to see headline the Godiva Festival ? ACDC supported by METALLICA.what a concert that would be. Me and my heavy metal mates would be up for that !

They were the band for me in my teenage years and twenties. Still go to see them now when I can.
Have been on the Godiva website but can't find the dates. Anyone know?

Colin1883

Looking forward to this, to see a band that take me back to earlier days. Just to see Bez dancing like an arse will be good for me.

From the same era I remember seeing 808 State at the Festival quite a few years ago, they were good apart from the four or five power failures that kept disrupting the set!

808 were simply wonderful...

Otis

Yep, just spotted this. Buzzcocks one of my favourite all time bands. Saw them twice in their heyday and then also Pete Shelley when he did a solo gig.

Can't wait!!!

Otis

We are Scientists and Funeral for a Friend and Selecter confirmed too.

Good line up this year.

WestEndAgro

Marrilion anyone ? Now that would be a good reason to stay away.
I gather the Lightning Seeds are finishing the festival on the Sunday, and a local band called Stone Foundation are also playing at some point.

Otis

Lightning Seeds? Really. Cool.

Best line up for ages. All it needs now is Bucks Fizz and Gareth Gates and it will Glastonbury esque.

wingy

Soul foundation Supported Specials at the Ricoh last time round ,V good If you like Commitments style with a solid Brass section.

WestEndAgro

Lightning seeds now confirmed as suggested, did some good tunes, three lions wll be a good sing along if England do well !

Johnnythespider

Lightning seeds now confirmed as suggested, did some good tunes, three lions wll be a good sing along if England do well !
Sunday is normally a bit of a letdown for me but am really looking forward to seeing the seeds.

wingy

Missed yesterday, but caught The Selector and Buzzcocks on Friday night and will be there again today for the Lightning Seeds.

Too late now but the Mariarchis are on stage now .

Who are they .....The guys who did the don't you want me baby " Doritos Ad".

Will be there later ,think Horace Panter is on around 3.45.

Otis

Tell you one thing that really annoys me about the people of Coventry and it's how many of them don't even know what the Godiva Festival is or that it's on.

Hear time and time again people in town saying 'what's that then?' Someone in CEX yesterday was saying the same thing. The assistant was explaining all about it and the bloke didn't have the slightest idea.

It's a free festival and there is something for everyone. It's something the city should be proud of and something that every citizen of Coventry should at least be aware of.

Over the years I have seen some fantastic bands down there.

wingy

Tell you one thing that really annoys me about the people of Coventry and it's how many of them don't even know what the Godiva Festival is or that it's on.

Hear time and time again people in town saying 'what's that then?' Someone in CEX yesterday was saying the same thing. The assistant was explaining all about it and the bloke didn't have the slightest idea.

It's a free festival and there is something for everyone. It's something the city should be proud of and something that every citizen of Coventry should at least be aware of.

Agree mate ,been trying to promote it aat the current workplace Coventry /Bulkington /Bedworth folk ,seems they don'treally care .

Maybe It's just not their thing ,all fairly young as well.

Otis

I have 3 nieces all in their 20's and they just can't be bothered, even if there is a band they like.

It is a bit of a long hard trek though up that mountainous, exhausting Memorial Park isn't it!!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I went yesterday / last night. I enjoyed it. First time I've really stayed for most of the day.

How wide eyed was Bez? Don't think he blinked once throughout the whole set!!

Thinking of going down shortly to see Lightning Seeds and the ordinary boys.

Otis

I went yesterday / last night. I enjoyed it. First time I've really stayed for most of the day.

How wide eyed was Bez? Don't think he blinked once throughout the whole set!!

Thinking of going down shortly to see Lightning Seeds and the ordinary boys.

You're going to watch a band and then on to Sixfields to watch City play in a friendly? :thinking about:

WestEndAgro

Spent the entire weekend down at the festival, absoultley brilliant the best thing that happens in the region by a pretty mile.
Pauline, Horace, Roddy and Neville all in one weekend , what more could you want ?
Big up to everyone who went, massive crowds, and long may it continue.

PUSB

Grendel

To be honest i would rather they charged and got some decent bands in.

Users who are viewing this thread