Happy fathers day (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

And to you.....and yes, that's my day planned I guess, football all the way and a little time with my girls.......whilst ushering everyone out of the way of the Tele.

Otis

So far so good. Missus stormed off in Asda and has now gone to bed.

Domestic between her and the daughter.

giphy.gif

dutchman

It took me 62 years to track down my real dad, although I had a pretty rough idea who he was since the age of 12. He still hasn't publicly acknowledged me as his son although he has in private. He's 79 now so much time left if he intends to.

Otis

What a shame for you.

Has he sort of reconciled with you then, if he has privately admitted it, or is it case of admitting, but distancing himself?

wingy

It took me 62 years to track down my real dad, although I had a pretty rough idea who he was since the age of 12. He still hasn't publicly acknowledged me as his son although he has in private. He's 79 now so much time left if he intends to.
I wonder If that is rooted in him selfishly not wishing to bring everything crashing down within his Family ,or simple social stigmas that existed way back?
Like Otis it's a damn shame .

dutchman

What a shame for you.

Has he sort of reconciled with you then, if he has privately admitted it, or is it case of admitting, but distancing himself?
I'm not sure Otis? It's possible my mother has threatened to kill him if he ever reveals his relationship with her and she's insane enough to do it. Both were underage at the time and possibly blood-relatives too although no one is able to prove it.

Last edited:

dutchman

I wonder If that is rooted in him selfishly not wishing to bring everything crashing down within his Family ,or simple social stigmas that existed way back?

His immediate family (wife and daughters) have known about me for a very long time. He appears to have kept it secret from the rest of his family though. He may have had to answer some very embarrasing questions from them recently.

Users who are viewing this thread