happy days (1 Viewer)

speedie87

mate just sent me this link......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcdWGPjDXb8

think this was my fav moment as a city fan.........i nearly fainted when we scored the winner, as i think i must have gone over a minute without remembering to breath!!

remember sitting back down to here the irish man utd fan who was sitting behind me turn to his mate and say "you have to admit paddy it was a good goal"!!!!!!!

Nonleagueherewecome

A reminder that when calling Christies crossing "Beckham-esque", the same could once be said of a young Willie Boland!

Fantastic link mate, over 9 mins, wow..you forget how good Willo was in the air-and how good Hedman was until he started to believe the hype a little too much.

Wallace

thanks for that moment. I really feel sorry for the young kids who are teenagers and don't know when we were in the premier or Div 1. Huckerby used to drive everyone crazy because hewas so greedy and although I loved many players over the years for me Dublin has been the best because he could have played even for England as a centre forward or centre half. In all my days watching football I have never seen a player achieve that feat. If he had stayed at ManU he would have gone down as one of England's greats.

smileycov

Facebook User
made me hair stand on end watching that again!! do miss dion though :-(

Nonleagueherewecome

It's the little things, like the incredible pace of that pass by Roland to Trond in the build up...sigh.

wingy

Fantastic ,the atmosphere as well,i loved that kit ,just thought it made us look more intimidating ,love the new one as well:D

PhilWasn'tBabb

I've got that kit at my parents house, must dig it out and dust it off.. brilliant link, that Beckham free kick is the icing on the cake..

Covstu

What a great night that was, I forgot how frustrating Huck actually was as a player too but what a friggin goal!!!

speedie87

that set me off that link.....

just dug my 97/98 season review out........time to watch how it should be done........if i remember rightly huckerby scored an even better goal at anfield a couple of weeks later when we knocked liverpool out the cup!!

thats right kids, beat man utd in the lge and knock liverpool out the cup and you wonder why we say this is the worst team we've ever seen and Bell and Baker aren't upto it!

they wouldn't have got near that team

rob9872

Our best days are still ahead of us :)

speedie87

i hope so for the kids sake who never saw us in the top divsion.

my newphew has started going this season and i was thinking the other day how poor this must be in comparison with what i used to watch when i started going. If we had been born into this era would we be in love with the club?

rob9872

Unless your older than me (first watched in 78) nostalgia is playing tricks on you. I have loads of great memories and seen loads of great players don the shirt but for as long as I can remember we've been pretty much shite.

Covstu

we have always been shite for as long as i can remember also rob (not as long as you) but its games like this that really mean something to us though!

NINOOVCOV

that set me off that link.....

just dug my 97/98 season review out........time to watch how it should be done........if i remember rightly huckerby scored an even better goal at anfield a couple of weeks later when we knocked liverpool out the cup!!

thats right kids, beat man utd in the lge and knock liverpool out the cup and you wonder why we say this is the worst team we've ever seen and Bell and Baker aren't upto it!

they wouldn't have got near that team

Wasn't this the year we were called The Entertainers of the premier league:D

That what’s Highfield Road was all about nights like that. I was in WT7 that night and i can still remember the buzz when we got that 3rd. That comes 2nd to the night we beat the Villa 2-0 on a Monday night. 1999. The whole ground singing your getting sacked in the morning.
I do miss Highfield road.

Astute

I have been going for over 30 years now. I wouldn't say we have always been sh1te. We have had good players over the years. We were in top flight for a very long time. We were playing top teams with top players against us. We got good results against the top teams nearly every season. This always made it worthwhile. When I think of the players I have seen over the years playing against us it makes me know how lucky I was against the younger fans these days. Watching legends at HR against games now at the Ricoh is so far apart.

All it takes is one good season and we will be back there again. We must be due a good season soon :thinking about:

skybluebeduff

I was in the M & B stand sat 1 seat away from all the Man Utd fans, I was only 14 and when Huckerby scored the winner, me and my dad plus half the Stand stood up and roared like lions at them scum. I remember it very well because we got spat on, hot coffee was thrown at my dad, and there was even Man Utd fans crying!! My favouite game of all time so thanks for posting this, much love :D

I was in the M & B stand sat 1 seat away from all the Man Utd fans, I was only 14 and when Huckerby scored the winner, me and my dad plus half the Stand stood up and roared like lions at them scum. I remember it very well because we got spat on, hot coffee was thrown at my dad, and there was even Man Utd fans crying!! My favouite game of all time so thanks for posting this, much love :D

They were trying to kick off with us outside. Few took a slap for there gob behind the terrace outisde the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread