Happy, but nervous. (1 Viewer)

Bumberclart

I think we're all pretty happy with the appointment of Mowbray, but I'm slightly nervous as well.
This feels like our final chance to turn around this juggernaut of failure that has been City for the last 20 years.
If Mowbray can't bring us some success, its hard to see where it will come from.
Anyone else share my concern?

Covstu

Yes agree but thinking more of another false dawn as we have had this optimism before and been quickly washed away. Great move by SISU in securing this but now need to put the money down to enable him to secure the right team to obtain promotion.

Major concerns about him being tapped up come January if either 1) we are in the mix and other teams see his obvious abiliity or 2) he has had enough of SISU and Waggott's policy.

Time will tell i guess!

ptr

Agree

If this isn't a turning point what else can be. Hopefully, finally, SISU have seen the error of their ways and are now prepared to listen to football people (Mowbray) to tell them how to run things properly

Warwickhunt

Yes agree but thinking more of another false dawn as we have had this optimism before and been quickly washed away. Great move by SISU in securing this but now need to put the money down to enable him to secure the right team to obtain promotion.

Major concerns about him being tapped up come January if either 1) we are in the mix and other teams see his obvious abiliity or 2) he has had enough of SISU and Waggott's policy.

Time will tell i guess!
having had an opportunity to talk to the man i find him very intelligent and a very honourable person and will only walk away if he is not wanted, lets see what he new dawn brings us poor suffering supporters

CovisGod

I also share the concern of him being tapped up come Jan. if we start playing well and Championship clubs come knocking I can't see him sticking around for long. I hope not though, would love to get behind a manager for a number of years instead of shipping them out every 5 minutes

Bumberclart

So what we need is a steady 'mid table' start, and a run after Christmas to take us up.
Would love a day out at Wembley.

bringbackrattles

Pleased he has finally put pen to paper and staying on.But let's face facts he's got a big job on now not just on the pitch,but he's got to appease us long suffering fans too.I reckon the next campaign will be one of building a squad together and if we finish just outside the play offs another job well done.Obviously we want him to get us out of League One next season but the way he has been talking I feel he's going to need two seasons to achieve the aim of Championship football.

Astute

Just about every club will be in the same situation of changing players. A lot of it will depend on how quickly the manager gets them all together. And having TM should help us pick up a few better players than our opponents.

Bumberclart

SISU need us in the shop window

Even if we got promoted, only a total loon would buy the club for anything near the price SISU want.
Their only hope is for us to get a return to the Prem, and that is light years away.

Users who are viewing this thread