Happy Birthday Sir Jimmy Hill! (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

images

We'll have a celebration for your birthday this evening. God bless you. 86 today and still fighting :guitar2:

2rynjlx.gif

jimmyhillsfanclub

Happy Birthday Jimmy.

Proud to have met you.

You are the very definition of "a football man".

You should be knighted.

lordsummerisle

When i was a kid(a long time ago), used to live in a village called Bishops Itchington, and my best mate was the vicars son.

Jimmy Hill used to go horse riding round the village with the people who had the other half of the vicarage most wekends. He arranged for us to meet the team at Ryton, and get autographs etc, really nice bloke, despite most of us kids generally shouting "fuck off Chinny" whenever he went past on his horse!

LB87ccfc

Happy Birthday Jimmy... but Sir... certainly not for me unfortunately... took money out the club that was not his when he left.

Last edited:

skyblueinBaku

Happy Birthday Jimmy... but Sir... certainly not for me unfortunately... took many out the club that was not his when he left.

I assume that you mean 'money'. I don't remember this - can you explain, please?

Anyway, happy birthday, JH. For me it should be Sir JH.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

I assume that you mean 'money'. I don't remember this - can you explain, please?

Anyway, happy birthday, JH. For me it shoild be Sir JH.
It's a City legends birthday and you get someone on about taking cash out of the club,unbelievable. Jimmy Hill is a legend to me as he took over just as I started going to Highfield Road.

LB87ccfc

Anyway, happy birthday, JH. For me it should be Sir JH.

I was told my a wise man once who has followed the City for over 50 years, that when he left during the final months there was a big issue going on that he was back pocketing and selling players and pocketing the monies himself, underhand payment tactics if you like. I never really listened to the full story just for me anyone who is associated to doing that at our club is certainly no sir or legend.

Having said that, Happy Birthday all the same, he did do some good at least, and the SFC fans up north can f right off with their sick jokes a few months back on their forum 40 years down the line.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I was told my a wise man once who has followed the City for over 50 years, that when he left during the final months there was a big issue going on that he was back pocketing and selling players and pocketing the monies himself, underhand payment tactics if you like. I never really listened to the full story just for me anyone who is associated to doing that at our club is certainly no sir or legend.

Having said that, Happy Birthday all the same, he did do some good at least, and the SFC fans up north can f right off with their sick jokes a few months back on their forum 40 years down the line.

So basically you heard a half-arsed rumour (didn't even listen to all of it) & yet that's good enough for you to come on here & effectively accuse Citys greatest manager of theft.
Well, for that, I reckon your a bigger tit than all the SAFC fans you moan about...

paulw

When i was a kid(a long time ago), used to live in a village called Bishops Itchington, and my best mate was the vicars son.

Jimmy Hill used to go horse riding round the village with the people who had the other half of the vicarage most wekends. He arranged for us to meet the team at Ryton, and get autographs etc, really nice bloke, despite most of us kids generally shouting "fuck off Chinny" whenever he went past on his horse!

Bet you hated the car being invented, didn't you?

Happy Birthday Jimmy

LB87ccfc

So basically you heard a half-arsed rumour (didn't even listen to all of it) & yet that's good enough for you to come on here & effectively accuse Citys greatest manager of theft.
Well, for that, I reckon your a bigger tit than all the SAFC fans you moan about...

Wasnt a rumour though .. twat.

Sky Blue Kid

Jimmy had instigated many brilliant ideas, 3 points for a win, all seater stadiums, undersoil heating etc, but the one idea he had that I think was bad for the game was "No Cap" on players wages. Look at the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Rooney, Lampard etc. Averaging £250k pw. No wonder there is such a massive gap (Financially and talentwise) Between the top teams and the bottom. It is ripping the heart out of the game. This, to me, is the only chink in Jimmy's armour. Apart from that the man is a legend, and the best thing to ever happen to CCFC...Happy Birthday Jimmy, and God Bless.

hill83

Jimmy had instigated many brilliant ideas, 3 points for a win, all seater stadiums, undersoil heating etc, but the one idea he had that I think was bad for the game was "No Cap" on players wages. Look at the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Rooney, Lampard etc. Averaging £250k pw. No wonder there is such a massive gap (Financially and talentwise) Between the top teams and the bottom. It is ripping the heart out of the game. This, to me, is the only chink in Jimmy's armour. Apart from that the man is a legend, and the best thing to ever happen to CCFC...Happy Birthday Jimmy, and God Bless.

That and also this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/hill-defends-atkinson-over-racist-remark-6170016.html

Defending the undefendable there for me, shame really.
But it's Jimmy Hill, we share a surname and he's the reason we are even known as a club. PUSB

turlykerd

The term "great" or "legend" is over used on many average or ok players or managers in football.

This is not the case for Jimmy hill.

A true city legend !!!

I hope your feeling well Jimmy :)

Best wishes to you and your family

:)HAPPY BIRTHDAY x

torchomatic

Yeah, the minute people start peddling half-arsed rumours on here as fact is the day I quit. Thankfully, I can't see that happening...

Johnnythespider

It's true JH did great things for the club, but I can't agree that all seated stadia was a good idea.

turlykerd

Or.......... Happy birthday ??

Instead of pointing out his faults maybe we could just wish him happy birthday on a "happy birthday" thread ?

I'm sure you could start a ..". I don't like what jh did " thread if you feel so strongly ??

I would hate it , if everyone waited for my birthday to tell me what a dick I am •

• luckily I'm told daily

bringbackrattles

When Jimmy came to our club we were a lowly third division club (like now) but transformed us into a top flight outfit.
I just had started going with my dad around that time,and can recall a lot of older fans saying what the hell will he do for us, and saw it as a gimmick. My dad disliked him for some reason but when we started winning things he changed his mind !
City fans were fickle even back then. So Jimmy Hill means a lot to me and I don't listen to negative stuff said about him,I'll always be grateful to him for giving us fans back then a winning team and good memories.

JH is a true legend. The bit about the money thing I don't think was about theft. My recollection is that in the 80's CCFC was a wealthy club and, on JH's advice, we invested heavily in the North American Soccer League. Unfortunately the investment was made 30 years too early and went tits up. That's what happens with investments, they go down as well as up.

Anyway, Happy Birthday JH - a true legend and the likes of which will not be seen for a long time

Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread