Happy Birthday Hutch (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

Happy birthday to the greatest Coventry City player I ever saw. From the time he joined he was simply magnificent and was consistently very good, at times too reliant on him. He was the MAN!!!!

Bob Latchford

Hear hear !

Simply the best!

Arise "Sir" Tommy and happy birthday - yes he was indeed simply the best and unchallenged in the annuls of CCFC
Sure am glad I'm an"old git" having being around when the Hutch was at his peak,
Difficult to explain in words the true extent of his greatness but some of his stuff defied belief a great player and a super gent as well

Warwickhunt

What a player I would walk over hot coals to see him play again, he is only 5 years older than me I was shocked to find that out.

Brylowes

Agree with all the above, the old man first took me and me brother in 74 I was 6,
Always remember the crowd standing as one ( S B Stand) whenever he started
Too move with the ball. Also me old man raving about him down the EX's in
Bedworth every Saturday night, great days indeed. :)

Grendel

Well he was a bit better as a winger than Leigh Jenkinson.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Happy birthday to the greatest Coventry City player I ever saw. From the time he joined he was simply magnificent and was consistently very good, at times too reliant on him. He was the MAN!!!!
I remember when the Sky Blues Signed Tommy Hutchinson and I remember thinking ( Who ) Tommy Hutch was absolute Class, a joy to watch.

I am so Lucky to have seen him play for the Sky Blues. Its a shame the young Sky Blues Fans of today haven't got some one of his Class to look up to. I'm not exaggerating, but if Tommy Hutchinson was playing in the game today He'd be worth 50 million and playing for either Barcelona or Real Madrid, Happy birthday Tommy thanks for the memories.

rupert_bear

Tommy Hutchison, world class yet for some strange reason lagged behind the likes of fellow Scots Willie Morgan at Man United and Willie Johnson at Albion at international level. Wasn't until he moved to Man City after 9 years here he became more prominent. One match I remember him playing was a make or break international qualifier World Cup I think, between Scotland and Czechoslovakia at Hampden, over 130000 there and Hutch was absolutely brilliant, think he scored in a 2-1 victory had the whole ground chanting Hutchie, Hutchie, if he was around today he'd be the Prems top British star no doubt. He proberly should have moved on from here years before he did but he was also loyal, another attribute.

Brylowes

Tommy Hutchison, world class yet for some strange reason lagged behind the likes of fellow Scots Willie Morgan at Man United and Willie Johnson at Albion at international level. Wasn't until he moved to Man City after 9 years here he became more prominent. One match I remember him playing was a make or break international qualifier World Cup I think, between Scotland and Czechoslovakia at Hampden, over 130000 there and Hutch was absolutely brilliant, think he scored in a 2-1 victory had the whole ground chanting Hutchie, Hutchie, if he was around today he'd be the Prems top British star no doubt. He proberly should have moved on from here years before he did but he was also loyal, another attribute.
Yep some similarities to Mat Le Tissier in that respect, the club a player plays for can
Have a massive influence on the career they ultimately have, good or bad.

Users who are viewing this thread