Happy as a sand boy but still worried about SISU though (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Like most on here at the moment I am bouyant, hopeful and after years of achieving feck all looking forward to games and have real belief we can go on and on....Then I stop and think about them, SISU, and get a bit of a knot in the tummy, will they help or meddle I just can't see them supporting Mark Robins with that bit of cash that may be the key not just the play-offs but to promotion. There's an ominous silence from messrs Fisher and Waggott about our run, about McGoldrick, about our brilliant away support. We all know that Waggott in particular loves talking to the media. This is perhaps the biggest test for our owners and there apparent change of direction re. the Sky Blues. this will test IF they really want us championship football, i'm not so sure they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

dongonzalos

.Rupert that it is a very astute point TF and Waggit are not exactly backwards when it comes to self publicity and credit taking.

Remember Wag single handily signed all our players and transformed Charlton into a giant community centre.

Sometimes you can be blinded by success OSB don't take your eye off the ball.

PSUB

Otis

'Happy as a sand boy.'

It's a well known phrase and saying.

I too am worried about the board and owners screwing this all up for us. If we get in the top 6 and then it is all fooked up so we get docked points or have to sell players in Jan without bringing parity then I feel that could be the final straw for many a supporter.

There is an opportunity here and we must grasp it. A promotion would bring millions into the club.

Grendel

The suggestion they can stop mcgoldrick leaving and that is anything to do with them is nonsense.

Probably fletcher and mr Coventry would have offered him £18,000 a week as they never bothered in the end about paying any bills. Look where such folly gets you.

lordsummerisle

'Happy as a sand boy.'

I too am worried about the board and owners screwing this all up for us. If we get in the top 6 and then it is all fooked up so we get docked points or have to sell players in Jan without bringing parity then I feel that could be the final straw for many a supporter.

There is an opportunity here and we must grasp it. A promotion would bring millions into the club.

I think that some on here will insist that we're docked points for not paying the rent.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thing is that a Championship club is a much easier sell than a L1 club, so you'd assume they wouldn't be unhappy with it. Then again it is more expensive to maintain and hinders the 'our income is so low we can't justify rent' alibi.

Macca

Thing is that a Championship club is a much easier sell than a L1 club, so you'd assume they wouldn't be unhappy with it. Then again it is more expensive to maintain and hinders the 'our income is so low we can't justify rent' alibi.

Op is offering ass and boy BSB ;)

rupert_bear

I don't think money re. McGoldrick is the point. We wouldn't have to pay any more should he stay if we can secure a similar arrangement to what he is on now with Forest. We are either paying all or part of his current contract with Forest. The problem we may have is if a championship team attempt to sign hin permanently or "big Eck" decides to keep him. At the seasons end he is a free agent, using us as a shop window has to be his best option IMO.

Tank Top

It would be nice for SiSu to pass comment on our fantastic form and following, but not even a whisper has emerged from the Ivory Towers of Mayfair, the silence has been deafening, but not surprising, as our non commital owners illustrate that the reason they are here is nothing to do with Football matters and a desire to take the Sky Blues to another level, My own opinion, for what its worth, is its just the Real estate they are interested in, and where are FIsher and wagott, you would think that under the circumstances, they would be jumping for joy at the transformation that has gone on under their appointed Manager Mark Robins.
Have they been gagged by you know who from making comment, a lot of concerns will be answered when the transfer market starts next week, lets hope that that our owners, can understand the giant step foreward the Sky blues have taken, and back the manager with a reasonable transfer kitty, its a gamble, but the money invested, would be recouped if the club got promoted, which now looks extremely possible.

rupert_bear

SISU and their policies are a big concern, every year we go into a transfer embargo for one reason or another, there's the rent issue and an obvious cash flow problem. Isn't it around January time clubs have to commit to the next season budgets with the Football League another testing time. scepticle ? yep, just waiting for the kick in the bollux.

dongonzalos

'Happy as a sand boy.'

Totally agree

Skyblueweeman

It would be nice for SiSu to pass comment on our fantastic form and following, but not even a whisper has emerged from the Ivory Towers of Mayfair, the silence has been deafening, but not surprising, as our non commital owners illustrate that the reason they are here is nothing to do with Football matters and a desire to take the Sky Blues to another level, My own opinion, for what its worth, is its just the Real estate they are interested in, and where are FIsher and wagott, you would think that under the circumstances, they would be jumping for joy at the transformation that has gone on under their appointed Manager Mark Robins.
Have they been gagged by you know who from making comment, a lot of concerns will be answered when the transfer market starts next week, lets hope that that our owners, can understand the giant step foreward the Sky blues have taken, and back the manager with a reasonable transfer kitty, its a gamble, but the money invested, would be recouped if the club got promoted, which now looks extremely possible.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...oy-seppala-releases-statement-92746-32488619/

I would say the following lines would pass as a 'whisper' would it not?

"Since we appointed Mark Robins on the 20th September, he has delivered everything he said he would in all his interviews with us. Marks success has been based on hard work and ‘being the best you can be’ resulting in us losing only once in the last twelve games. We now sit in a mid table position giving us the platform to push for promotion in the second half of the season.

We now enter the busy festive period with three League games in just over a week.
These will be quickly followed by two exciting Cup games as we first travel back to North London to play Tottenham Hotspur in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup.
We then try to take another step towards Wembley as we welcome Preston North End in the Johnstone Paint Trophy Northern Regional Semi Final.
So lots for everyone to look forward to on the pitch which shows the changes we have made to the first team management and playing squad are beginning to reap rewards"

Come on chaps...lets have a go at things like witholding rent and not even paying what we (CCFC) think's fair. Let's not have a go for them not even offering a 'whisper' when quite clearly, coming from the top, it's not lost on how well MR and the team are doing.

WM

Users who are viewing this thread