HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY SISU (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well, a different view to your own can always be seen as "silly" and "embarrassing", can't it? We'll just have to agree to disagree and support the team and administration as we see fit. Nowt else to do.

I'm sorry, but when you try and reinforce an argument by citing Chester, a conference side; Aldershot a 4th division club, and Rushden & Diamonds - what, another conference team - and ignore much pertinent examples from true peers such as Southampton, Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds, Palace, Derby, then you're ever liable to be labelled as 'silly'; as the stance you're pursuing is so facetious as to be without merit. Unless you're trying to peddle a politik in a wholly blinkered manner, of course.....

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Who ever believes SISU have invested £40m in CCFC need therapy

It either indicates their duplicity, as it's the 'bill' for running the club and ignores transfer-fees in, the sale of ProZone, etc; or it's a sign of gross ineptitude - as to lose £8m a season is staggering.

If it's duplicity, I have no time to listen to anything more they say. If it's ineptitude, it serves themselves right

CUS Wyken

I'm sorry, but when you try and reinforce an argument by citing Chester, a conference side; Aldershot a 4th division club, and Rushden & Diamonds - what, another conference team - and ignore much pertinent examples from true peers such as Southampton, Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds, Palace, Derby, then you're ever liable to be labelled as 'silly'; as the stance you're pursuing is so facetious as to be without merit. Unless you're trying to peddle a politik in a wholly blinkered manner, of course.....

Ignore him MMM - he's always right you know even when the facts are blatantly obvious.

ccfctommy

All those teams you just mentioned probably went into admin owning their own stadiums, whilst we don't. Therefore making our club far less desirable for potential owners.

sky blue john

Oh yes, I remember you still think there's "plenty" of investors waiting to take us over. They're queueing outside the Ricoh apparently to make it all better.

What you don't realise is that not all investors are fools. No one is going to take on 50million debt but when Sisu hang themselves there will be lots of interest !!!
The reason we won't go into liquidation is that it would de-value Sisu's investment !!!
The administration route there would be a points deduction but the club would still be a saleable asset.
The liquidation route we would drop several divisions and this would make their asset virtually worthless.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

All those teams you just mentioned probably went into admin owning their own stadiums, whilst we don't. Therefore making our club far less desirable for potential owners.

Whilst I'm not disagreeing with that, in administration, everything is on the table to negotiate. Rentals, ownership, other income streams. There's a big difference between 'less desirable' and 'not desirable'

Moff

Ignore him MMM - he's always right you know even when the facts are blatantly obvious.

Oh the irony of you posting that to MMM! ;)

We all have our opinions, some different to others, just because Torch's is different doesnt mean he is always right, its just what he believes is different to what you believe. Is that too difficult to grasp?

sky blue john

We all have our opinions, some different to others, just because Torch's is different doesnt mean he is always right, its just what he believes is different to what you believe. Is that too difficult to grasp?

If we all agreed on everything then there would be no need for this forum.
Even though I don't share Torches views at the end of the day he is a fellow fan and I know he wants the best for CCFC like all of us on here do. :D

Godiva

Even though I don't share Torches views at the end of the day he is a fellow fan and I know he wants the best for CCFC like all of us on here do. :D

If we all agreed that 'sisu are scum' then there would be more posts on this forum as nobody would be called 'idiot', 'clueless' and what have you ...

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I too agree that opinions should be respected, but there's got to be the basis of an understanding of context to underpin any debate. If someone tells me the Isle of Wight had a platoon of crack marines that could militarily defeat the USA, then my riposte is always going to be a touch acidic...

sky blue john

I too agree that opinions should be respected, but there's got to be the basis of an understanding of context to underpin any debate. If someone tells me the Isle of Wight had a platoon of crack marines that could militarily defeat the USA, then my riposte is always going to be a touch acidic...

Has this been on the news when did the Isle of Wight breed this master race :D

Grendel

Priceless. This from the man who wanted debates on the manager practically outlawed and created 2 posts about it.

Then claimed (when no one agreed with him) it was a cunning plan to see who disagreed with him he could ignore.

Ashdown1

I'd like to congratulate them on possibly one of the few decisions they have got correct in five miserable footballing years..........that is the appointment of Mr Robins. Now don't ruin it with this pathetic charade over our Stadium and stick with the turnaround. This means somehow holding together the team that has only lost 1/10 and has provided you with 5 extra home cup games and two lucrative trips to North London. For the first real time since the takeover once you've accepted ACLs much improved terms you have the chance with further on field success, bigger gates, TV revenue, a JPT trip to Wembley plus maybe play offs and promotion a chance of at least breaking even if not turning a small profit.
If the Rugby club can turn things round financially from their position and on gates of 900 then so can the Sky Blues.

skyblueman

I'd like to congratulate them on possibly one of the few decisions they have got correct in five miserable footballing years..........that is the appointment of Mr Robins. Now don't ruin it with this pathetic charade over our Stadium and stick with the turnaround. This means somehow holding together the team that has only lost 1/10 and has provided you with 5 extra home cup games and two lucrative trips to North London. For the first real time since the takeover once you've accepted ACLs much improved terms you have the chance with further on field success, bigger gates, TV revenue, a JPT trip to Wembley plus maybe play offs and promotion a chance of at least breaking even if not turning a small profit.
If the Rugby club can turn things round financially from their position and on gates of 900 then so can the Sky Blues.

Just don't for god's sake piss him off by denying him any room for manoeuvre in the January transfer window - he leaves we are as good as dead

Delboycov

If we all agreed that 'sisu are scum' then there would be more posts on this forum as nobody would be called 'idiot', 'clueless' and what have you ...

But you really are clueless! If any further proof of that was needed I refer you to your view that text a sub was a fantastic idea! You're more pro Sisu than feckin Sisu!

Godiva

But you really are clueless! If any further proof of that was needed I refer you to your view that text a sub was a fantastic idea! You're more pro Sisu than feckin Sisu!

I happen to applaud novel ideas ... innovation ... and that makes me clueless?

Actually it was Len Brody that came up with the idea. And he is no part of sisu. Never was. He came up with the txt idea at a time when a lot of people couldn't understand the substitution policy carried out by the manager. As always, the club was looking for an increase of revenue and he came up with the idea. He recognized that there were about 15.000 'managers' in the stands - and every one has their own opionon to who should be taken off and who should be put in. Brody initially meant the txt result should be an order to the manager, but he later soften it and said it could work as 'a suggestion'.

I appluaded that somebody actually tried to do something different because if we keep doing the same we'll never get anywhere.

Oh, and for the record ... I still think it could be a fun gimmick and I am pretty sure that if implemented quite a lot of fans at the match would use it, thereby providing some extra match revenue for the club.

Coventry La La La

Oh, and for the record ... I still think it could be a fun gimmick and I am pretty sure that if implemented quite a lot of fans at the match would use it, thereby providing some extra match revenue for the club.

Would have worked great at the Southampton game last season when are bench was as followed.

• 13 Dunn
  • 39 Henderson
  • 38 Roberts
  • 22 Platt
  • 27 Jeffers
Did anybody want to pay for a vote on who should be subbed on from them lot? :whistle::whistle:

Bill Glazier

'The liquidation route we would drop several divisions and this would make their asset virtually worthless'.

CCFC is not an asset, it's a liability. Sisu has transferred any assets they can into their Cayman Islands company Arvo. Doesn't that suggest they're looking to cut their losses and liquidate the club?

CUS Wyken

Tell you what's difficult to grasp, torch logic behind how good SISU are for the club! The last 5 years have been awful on and off the pitch. Torch used to say how great a manager Thorn was and saying no-one could do a better job. I think any CCFC would agree robins in his 3 months has done more than Thorn in his 18 months. I agree everyone has a different opinion and that's what this board is about but sometimes you do think how certain fans think in there logic of SISU.

Brighton Sky Blue

Tell you what's difficult to grasp, torch logic behind how good SISU are for the club! The last 5 years have been awful on and off the pitch. Torch used to say how great a manager Thorn was and saying no-one could do a better job. I think any CCFC would agree robins in his 3 months has done more than Thorn in his 18 months. I agree everyone has a different opinion and that's what this board is about but sometimes you do think how certain fans think in there logic of SISU.

If Robins had done worse than Tho-no, I won't go there.

Sky Blue Kid

I will NOT have a bad word said about SISU. They have only ever made one little mistake.....................Taking charge of this Club:censored::censored::censored:

Delboycov

I happen to applaud novel ideas ... innovation ... and that makes me clueless?

Actually it was Len Brody that came up with the idea. And he is no part of sisu. Never was. He came up with the txt idea at a time when a lot of people couldn't understand the substitution policy carried out by the manager. As always, the club was looking for an increase of revenue and he came up with the idea. He recognized that there were about 15.000 'managers' in the stands - and every one has their own opionon to who should be taken off and who should be put in. Brody initially meant the txt result should be an order to the manager, but he later soften it and said it could work as 'a suggestion'.

I appluaded that somebody actually tried to do something different because if we keep doing the same we'll never get anywhere.

Yes it was a leftfield idea...but it was stupid and unworkable. Just because it's novel doesn't mean it's any good. How can a manager 'manage' a team when he's not in control of which 11 players are on the pitch? What manager in their right mind would accept a situation like that? I think also the way fans have booed players over the years including the likes of Gary Mcallister and even the obnoxious Craig Bellamy demonstrates fans are not necessarily the best judges of talent...Baker has been fantastic the last couple of months but if a large percentage of fans had their way he wouldn't have even been on the pitch to score the goals he has. That's before you even start to think about away fans messing up any text vote...Incredibly stupid idea brought to us by a SISU cheerleader who once told us that they'd signed up some awesome talent when describing the ludicrous extention to the contracts of Bell,McPake etc....

You are entitled to your opinion as I am but we will always have contrasting views as to what Sisu have done for the club we both love. I believe they have mismanaged the club to the point where we face possible extinction....from your posts you've always seemed to maintain they're doing a great job. Same club...different planet.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Thank you over the last five years for.......

Saving us from transfer embargo's, relegation to league one. Having to sell all our players if we get an offer. Saving us from losing top players for free. Saving us from potentially getting kicked out of the Ricoh. Saving us from some Nasty unscrupulous owner who may have snatched us on the cheap trying to get us into the prem to make quick buck.

Folks you need to think out of the box a bit all of the above would more than likely have happened if SISU did not step in. The above happens when you go into admin

Thanks SISU for saving the day.

dongonzalos

Sorry personally don't think you can compare what thorn had to go through with shiatsu last season to the experience robins is getting. We have one of the biggest strongest best squads. Thorn got three matches with them.
Robins seems a very good manager if thorn had had 10 games with this lot and failed I could compare them. You can't do it based on 3 matches.

dongonzalos

Would have worked great at the Southampton game last season when are bench was as followed.

• 13 Dunn
  • 39 Henderson
  • 38 Roberts
  • 22 Platt
  • 27 Jeffers
Did anybody want to pay for a vote on who should be subbed on from them lot? :whistle::whistle:[/QUOTE)

This is why I think it is harsh to try and compare AT last season with MR this season

Grendel

• 13 Dunn
  • 39 Henderson
  • 38 Roberts
  • 22 Platt
  • 27 Jeffers
Did anybody want to pay for a vote on who should be subbed on from them lot? :whistle::whistle:[/QUOTE)

This is why I think it is harsh to try and compare AT last season with MR this season

We're they the subs for every game?

If robins had been in charge last season are you saying he would have been incapable of generating any more points than thorn?

Frankly to even compare the two is nothing short of disgraceful. Robins has dove fantastically well to turn around the atmosphere within the club. To even hint thorn would be even in the same universe in terms of ability as robins is very very poor im afraid.

Even baker apparently is joining in the banter about thorns training sessions....or lack of them.

dongonzalos

Anyway the AT issue could become a distraction from the birthday party. Lets not be the drunken ones frighting at the end of the night who ruin the party.

Thanks SISU for saving us from all the horrors that come with administration. All I will say is Southampton ones mans rubbish is another mans gold. You really missed a trick

Users who are viewing this thread