Hangovers (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Depends how much you drink. If it’s just a gentle 5 pints or so then go out, exercise if you can, drink water and eat. If you go through 20 drinks and other stuff then you just have to wait it out.

bringbackrattles

I can back up what you say about the "slops", BBR. When I worked at the Jules Verne as the cellar-man, any slops from the trays under the beer taps was put into a bucket and at the end of shift, down in the cellar, I'd take the tap from the barrel of Ansells Mild and using a metal funnel, pour the slops in. It had to be the Ansells because that was the only beer in large wooden barrels that you could take the tap off. All the other beer came in pressurised metal barrels. Strangely enough, I was always complimented by the customers on how good my beers were! By the way, the wooden barrel was a "tun", which held around 200+ gallons or 1,600+ pints making the taste of any "added slops" unknown!
When I was about 19 I worked at R Whites Pop merchants at Bodmin Road in Wyken. As a drivers mate and for a few months me and a driver called Larry a hard drinking Irishman, did the pub and clubs round in Coventry and surrounding areas. Loved the job and got on great with Larry as he was funny and loved to mess about. We would drop off the pop to the pub or club and always have a free pint on the house.
Some days id get back to the depot half cut but as I was young and fit be fresh as a daisy next day. Hardly any health and safety back then, but surprisingly hardly any accidents. And the same on the railways drank nearly every day as did all the gang of workers. Would kill me now but it was " normal" them days.

Covkid1968#

4 pints of premium larger is my cut off to avoid feeling rough. Anything over and I feel it. 6 pints is hangover time. Long dog walk combined with loads of water... followed by a bacon batch.... then bed. Come 6pm I’m starting to think about having a beer again.

LastGarrison

It’s threads like this when I realise I drink far too much.

Food and sleep are the key. But usually getting back on it is the go to response.

(Fell into bed at 4 already thinking who is out).

oscillatewildly

Depends what time you arrive home/back at hotel etc and if you can be arsed to or remember - drink a pint of water before you hit the sack.
It really can make a difference.

rob9872

Sleep. It's the only thing that works for me, but if I don't mix my drinks then I'm usually fine. Having said that a bit pissed now so hopefully ok in the morning :)

skyblue1991

Neck two pints of water before bed and you are sorted the next day no matter how much you drink.

Don't drink heavy much but last night I had 4 pints and felt it at the gym this morning so would say it's my cut off point if I'm going to do something physical.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Neck two pints of water before bed and you are sorted the next day no matter how much you drink.

Don't drink heavy much but last night I had 4 pints and felt it at the gym this morning so would say it's my cut off point if I'm going to do something physical.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Unless you piss like a horse then all you do is keep yourself up all night going to the loo and end up dehydrated and knackered the next day.

Drinking water only works if you don't just piss it out again almost immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread