Handball (1 Viewer)

Marty

Looks pritty rough, seems to be a cross between rugby, football and basketball. Couple of lovely spanish lasses too. BBC Olympic channel 18.

Marty

Some Korean lass has been stretchered off, looked in a bad way.

CCFC Germany

It's a fantastic sport.
Pretty big over here, comes right after Football.
Germany probably has got the strongest Handball league in the world.
Strange it never became interesting in the UK.

ajsccfc

It's one of those sports that scares me a little, lacrosse is another. The speed they hurl that ball is vicious.

ccfcdan

Just watched the GB vs France game. Quite rough, wouldn't mind playing it myself to be honest. Anyone know if there are leagues or clubs in the Coventry area?

Marty

Thought the same thing myself Dan, Leicester is the nearest, very much up for a game even though I have no clue on the rules.

Tad

A friend of mine plays for a team. He's told me since it was first shown on the Olympics they've had dozens of people enquire about playing. Great stuff!

ajsccfc

This is why the Olympics is great, people take interest in sports they'd otherwise pay no attention to.

Marty

Lovely Norwegian lass on the handball, I think i'm in love....

1275287.png

Number 22. :whistle:

Marty

Just been a brilliant game, the Norwegian keeper had an amazing game, 14 second half saves, 64% save ratio, A normal ratio of 35-40% and you're considered world class.

Johnrambo

Sadly 99% of all handball players (woman) is gay.

Maybe is something with the shower after the game ;-)

Marty

lol, I can only imagine, Who's the top team in Denmark? They keep saying it's the best league, and I quite fancy being a glory hunter for a change. :D

Marty

Brilliant end to this game now. Iceland 27-26 up, 16 seconds left, Iceland have a penalty to win the game, it's saved, Hungary go straight down the other end and score to take the game into extra time. So much better then the over hyped football.

Marty

There's one at Warwick apparently, but when I had a search the closest was Leicester, I reckon i'd be fairly decent at the sport once I got fit.

Sutty

Handball is one sport at these Olympics that's left me completely cold. Just haven't found it entertaining.

Jonathan Wilson commented on Twitter that it's like watching a shit game of 5-a-side, with 2 deep defences and attacks passing across the pitch in front of them.

Marty

Women's Gold & Bronze medal games tonight, Norway will win it I think, to me they have looked by far the best team of the tournament. I've stuck £4 on a Norway win with over 48.5 goals.

Spain will win the bronze medal, Korean team have picked up a lot of injuries and the way they play means they'll be absolutely knackered after about 40 minutes.

Marty

The one thing that made me laugh when I first heard it was when someone kicked the ball and everyone started shouting football.

Marty

Spain's game to lose now. Koreans are looking tired.

Marty

2 and a half minutes to score less then 4 goals to win me a tidy sum.

Users who are viewing this thread