Hamer (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Based on what we saw yesterday Hamer would walk into that Bristol City team!

Hamer's debut was FAR more impressive than any of Walsh's first few games for us. I think they're slightly different players and I anticipate both will go on to play at a similar level (hopefully with us...)
Agreed good post

cc84cov

Bristol City fans very complimentary of him on their forum, said he was the best player on the pitch before being taken off.

I think we were unfortunate that Hamer being subbed, our legs tiring and Bristol making changes all happened in a short period. That was where we lost the game.
He was the best player by far we loSt our way soon as he went off

mr_monkey

Hamer best player on pitch yesterday

Not going to say he is better than Walsh yet though. But promising signs

You can't compare the two until Walsh has had a good run in the championship, to compare championship hamer to league one Walsh is utterly pointless

Grendel

You can't compare the two until Walsh has had a good run in the championship, to compare championship hamer to league one Walsh is utterly pointless

Walsh has played a lot more in the championship than Hamer I think he’d featured in 17 games

mr_monkey

Walsh has played a lot more in the championship than Hamer I think he’d featured in 17 games

And was so good in the championship that he got sent to league one for the season ;)

It's insane to say either way at the moment if one is better than the other

stupot07

Hamer played well yesterday, but i think its early days to say he's better than Walsh. Some great passing, but i'll discipline in the tackle putting himself in danger of a second yellow. He alway doesnt carry the ball anywhere as near as good as Walsh did.

It is far too early to claim he is better than Walsh, we have seen just 60 minutes of Hamer in the Championship.

Hopefully he is the real deal.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Hamer played well yesterday, but i think its early days to say he's better than Walsh. Some great passing, but i'll discipline in the tackle putting himself in danger of a second yellow. He alway doesnt carry the ball anywhere as near as good as Walsh did.

It is far too early to claim he is better than Walsh, we have seen just 60 minutes of Hamer in the Championship.

Indeed - Kevin Malaga was the next Bobby Moore after his debut

covcity4life

It's simply a case of 1 plays for cov and 1 doesn't with a lot posters

If he cancelled his contract tmrw they would say he's no big loss lol

Football tribalism

clint van damme

Based on what we saw yesterday Hamer would walk into that Bristol City team!

Hamer's debut was FAR more impressive than any of Walsh's first few games for us. I think they're slightly different players and I anticipate both will go on to play at a similar level (hopefully with us...)

Walsh was played far too deep in his first few games.
It's not a good comparison. Far too early to compare the two players to be honest.

Tommo1993

Yes I am.

Once again, I am not criticising Hamer in any way whatsoever.

I think Messi is better than Ronaldo, doesn't mean I think Ronaldo is crap 🤷🏻‍♂️

You’ll be made out to hate Hamer if you think Walsh is better. That’s just how it is with some fans.

Think he’ll be great, but while he’s as pointlessly reckless as he is, he’ll be a liability. Robins shouldn’t be forced into making subs because Hamer can’t control himself. Don’t care where he’s played in the past, a shit tackle is a universal thing. A less lenient ref than yesterday would’ve had him off well before the 60th minute.

Walsh convinced me, now it’s down to Hamer.

cc84cov

You’ll be made out to hate Hamer if you think Walsh is better. That’s just how it is with some fans.

Think he’ll be great, but while he’s as pointlessly reckless as he is, he’ll be a liability. Robins shouldn’t be forced into making subs because Hamer can’t control himself. Don’t care where he’s played in the past, a shit tackle is a universal thing. A less lenient ref than yesterday would’ve had him off well before the 60th minute.

Walsh convinced me, now it’s down to Hamer.
Again far too early to cal Hamer reckless he’s not match fit playing in a new league & country,give it another month he will be making them tackles clean most of the time.

Tommo1993

Again far too early to cal Hamer reckless he’s not match fit playing in a new league & country,give it another month he will be making them tackles clean most of the time.

This is what I’m on about, a shit tackle is a universal thing. As I said, that ref was very lenient yesterday. A lot more of them aren’t. I saw someone make a comparison to hot headed Michael Doyle, but even he knew when to turn it off. Fans can turn quickly if he starts racking up more suspensions than anything else. I believe it’s a young footballer being sucked into silly challenges. Nip it in the bud early.

Speedies_Chips

Yes I am.

You seem to be under the impression that I'm saying Hamer isn't very good. That could not be further from the truth. Once again, I am not criticising Hamer in any way whatsoever.

I think Messi is better than Ronaldo, doesn't mean I think Ronaldo is crap 🤷🏻‍♂️
Is Walsh better than Messi?

mr_monkey

Yes I am.

You seem to be under the impression that I'm saying Hamer isn't very good. That could not be further from the truth. Once again, I am not criticising Hamer in any way whatsoever.

I don't think anyone is saying that you think hamer is shit, more that it's far too early to make such a concrete statement especially with the fact that you are judging it on 20 odd league one games for Walsh Vs 60 mins of his debut in the championship for hamer that's all

mds

Walsh was too shy in the tackle, how many times did people call out Walsh in match threads for being afraid to get stuck in? Hamer has no fear by the looks of it but both can beat a player and pick a pass, id take Hamer over Walsh all day long based on pre season and yesterday, A more skillful Lloyd Mcgrath in the making.

Evo1883

Liked Walsh alot.. This is the championship, a good season in this division is worth alot more than a good league 1 season... Let's hope hamer keeps it up

Mucca Mad Boys

Hamer and Walsh are both good players. No doubt that if there’s an opportunity to sign him, we would make a move for Walsh - which is v unlikely.

It does look like Hamer will be a more than suitable replacement for Walsh, so good job recruitment!

KersleyDigs

Hamer is NOT the new Liam Walsh. It is even better than that! He is our new Michael Doyle

In all seriousness, he is superior technically to Doyle, but has that same energy and snarling tenacity.

I can only imagine how good he will be as he matures and learns the 'dark arts' a bit better...

Cullt hero status is his for the taking.

Gus Hamer, woah oh oh
Gus Hamer, woah oh oh oh
He's only five foot four
He'll break your fucking jaw

BornSlippySkyBlue

The only thing we need to know is that if Hamer gets anywhere near the impact Walsh had for us, he'll be a great signing. No need to play them off against each other.
Absolutely this, but you just know it’s going to happen forever more. I suppose when Robins has literally said he is Walsh’s replacement — you can’t really blame people for comparing them.

FWIW I’m in the far too early to say who is better (or even why we need an answer) camp. But they’re already different players for me, Walsh never showed the same aggression in the entire season as Hamer has in 60 minutes, and you could see he was getting sent off if he’d not been subbed. Never once felt like that with Walsh. Totally different characters, and will bring different things to the team, but from Saturday’s showing I can’t wait to see what Hamer does this season.

Alkhen

Hamer is NOT the new Liam Walsh. It is even better than that! He is our new Michael Doyle

In all seriousness, he is superior technically to Doyle, but has that same energy and snarling tenacity.

I can only imagine how good he will be as he matures and learns the 'dark arts' a bit better...

Cullt hero status is his for the taking.

Gus Hamer, woah oh oh
Gus Hamer, woah oh oh oh
He's only five foot four
He'll break your fucking jaw

Are honestly trying to tell me Gus is better at freekicks and corners than Doyle?! Get real

cc84cov

People need to calm down comparing players after 1 game what we do know is Walsh was class in league 1 & Hamer looks quality so far but it’s very early days but the early signs are very good

Users who are viewing this thread