Hamer post match comments (1 Viewer)

stupot07

It’s actually a smart move for both Vik & Gus to sign the new deals being offered. Both will have clauses in the player’s favour, and they will be star players ( in the Championship) next season., with much improved wages.
If they both went to the Premier League, it’s going to be to the likes of Brentford, Fulham, Everton, Bournemouth and west Ham. They become squad players and are joining clubs that could well be in relegation scraps. (Brentford’s bubble will burst).
If we did keep both next season….Automatics would surely be the expectation.

You need to take your sky blues glasses off. They'd be on £50-75k pw in the PL, even with an improved contact would be about £15-20k Max. Who's to say they would become squad players? And it's not only PL teams but European teams too. Who would have thought Ostigard would be playing champions league football so soon after leaving us.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

You need to take your sky blues glasses off. They'd be on £50-75k pw in the PL, max even with an improved contact would be about £15-20k Max. Who's to say they would become squad players? And it's not only PL teams but European teams too. Who would have thought Ostigard would be playing champions league football so soon after leaving us.

yeah it’s a ridiculous notion you keep a player who can get a premier league contract

Grendel

Agree with that. He needs work, and games but there’s a player there. He’s not getting games at Arsenal next season. Another loan or would Arsenal be tempted by £1.5 million offer?

Id be seriously concerned by sending £1.5m on a rookie RWB - we need better and we need experienced and fewer loans next season

stupot07

Id be seriously concerned by sending £1.5m on a rookie RWB - we need better and we need experienced and fewer loans next season
I agree, he improved towards the end of the season, but had Dabo been in any kind of form he wouldn't have got near the starting line up. We need better and slightly more experienced next season. I would be very concerned spending a higher transfer fee than we did on Sheaf, Hamer or Gyokeres on a still unproven wing back.

Sick Boy

It’s actually a smart move for both Vik & Gus to sign the new deals being offered. Both will have clauses in the player’s favour, and they will be star players ( in the Championship) next season., with much improved wages.
If they both went to the Premier League, it’s going to be to the likes of Brentford, Fulham, Everton, Bournemouth and west Ham. They become squad players and are joining clubs that could well be in relegation scraps. (Brentford’s bubble will burst).
If we did keep both next season….Automatics would surely be the expectation.
It’s in both their interests not to sign contracts with us. They’re also going to attract attention from abroad, they won’t necessarily end up in the PL.

zuni

Lad who works for me sent me a pic of him and hamer last night in the fizzy moon I think its called...anyway I got him to say to hamer he needs to stay ..his response was he really wants to...could just be saying it but fingers crossed...funny thing was he didn't know who took the pic until it was pointed out to him it was MR 🤣🤣 the lad isn't a cov fan

Ross1247

With the amount of turnover and gaps we are going to have to fill this summer, I would risk hamer running down his contract to keep him next season. He is so important to our game plan and would be massive boost if stayed. Yes he could get injured etc but for me the rewards outweigh the risk. Unless a big offer around 15mil plus comes in, I'd be keeping him around next year.

its a buzzard

Lad who works for me sent me a pic of him and hamer last night in the fizzy moon I think its called...anyway I got him to say to hamer he needs to stay ..his response was he really wants to...could just be saying it but fingers crossed...funny thing was he didn't know who took the pic until it was pointed out to him it was MR the lad isn't a cov fan
In that particular situation, I can't imagine Hamer saying anything else.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Matt smith

Lad who works for me sent me a pic of him and hamer last night in the fizzy moon I think its called...anyway I got him to say to hamer he needs to stay ..his response was he really wants to...could just be saying it but fingers crossed...funny thing was he didn't know who took the pic until it was pointed out to him it was MR 🤣🤣 the lad isn't a cov fan
Gus is more likely to stay than vik

pusbccfc

You need to take your sky blues glasses off. They'd be on £50-75k pw in the PL, even with an improved contact would be about £15-20k Max. Who's to say they would become squad players? And it's not only PL teams but European teams too. Who would have thought Ostigard would be playing champions league football so soon after leaving us.

£75k a week for Vik is seriously pushing it. No way anyone pays him that after spending £25m on the bloke.

You mention Ostigard, he's reportedly on between £20k-£30k a week.

Vik would get a seriously improved wage and like Simon Jordan mentions often on TS, many players earn a bulk of their wage through bonuses. Vik may get say £40k a week 10% per goal etc.

I also think the our max wage would surpass £20k if needed. Given we threw Waghorn on a £15k-£17k a week contact as Covid was easing and in our second year of Championship football, I'm sure the club could and will consider paying £25k a week on a marque signing or Vik/Hamer contract.

Vik will go because he's clearly a very ambitious player and someone who will want to lead the line in the European Championships for Sweden next year.

pusbccfc

Gus is more likely to stay than vik

Gus told CWR once he doesn't even watch football, let alone the PL. I'm not sure he's too driven by the glamour like Vik would be.

I do think he'd want a shot at playing for his national side though or a top club in Holland.

pusbccfc

It’s in both their interests not to sign contracts with us. They’re also going to attract attention from abroad, they won’t necessarily end up in the PL.

Can't see many sides in Europe paying £25m for a second tier player though.

SBAndy

Coming around to the idea of keeping hold of Hamer and seeing if we can do it next year. He’s fantastic but there doesn’t seem to have been the fanfare around interested clubs and if we’re only looking at £4-5m then it may be worth the risk.

kiwinezza

I think we need to try best to keep Gus. If Vik leaves for big money we can then use that to get in another striker (or two with Tyler going although Taveres may come back from injury), try to sign mcNally & Norton Cuffy and then just need another centre back to replace Doyle, a wing back to cover with Bidwell. With O'Hare and Palmer coming back into midfield alongside Sheaf, Eccles, Allen, Hamer and offer Kelly another year ext as back up they midflield looks solid unit.

Users who are viewing this thread