Hamer bids (3 Viewers)

shepardo01

Deserves his own thread.

Technically a superb player- in my opinion our best since relegation from the Premier League, including better than some of the players that actually played for us in the top division!
Will be a massive loss!

Grendel

Better then Maddison?

He’s not better then many players we’ve had - David Thompson as an example

covmark

Better then Maddison?

Indeed, Mcsheffery you could maybe add to the list. I know Mcgoldrick was league 1, but impact wise, was probably better.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Indeed, Mcsheffery you could maybe add to the list. I know Mcgoldrick was league 1, but impact wise, was probably better.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Clarke Wilson you also look at Callum Davenport who was going to be a great player - hamer isn’t even close to being an international player has a couple of U21 caps

shepardo01

Better then Maddison?

Better player than Maddison was when we had him in League 1. Would, at the stage we had him, would he have been as effective as Hamer in the Championship??

Had Thompson in mind G, very good, but was he technically better than Hamer? There is an argument there I agree.

With higher quality coming in more and more in the top division, it pushes quality further down. Some of our previous Champ sides had lots of very average and some poor players.

Grendel

Better player than Maddison was when we had him in League 1. Would, at the stage we had him, would he have been as effective as Hamer in the Championship??

Had Thompson in mind G, very good, but was he technically better than Hamer? There is an argument there I agree.

With higher quality coming in more and more in the top division, it pushes quality further down. Some of our previous Champ sides had lots of very average and some poor players.

of course we have had average and poor players but Hamer in the first season post relegation wouldn’t even have got in the team for the first game

Lee carsley was better for a start

shepardo01

of course we have had average and poor players but Hamer in the first season post relegation wouldn’t even have got in the team for the first game
Trying to think back, without cheating on Google.
Who was in midfield... Carsley, Eustace, Chippo, (had we signed Safri at thar point?) Thompson??
I'd have him above Safri. See previous argument in comparison to Thommo.
Think it is an interesting comparison.

slowpoke

Clarke Wilson you also look at Callum Davenport who was going to be a great player - hamer isn’t even close to being an international player has a couple of U21 caps
Got stabbed in the top of his leg at his home, serious injury and never quiet the same again afterwards

Grendel

shepardo01

I would see him in the Carsley role who
Played nearly 200 games for Everton

Hamer isn’t even on the radar of the Dutch national squad

Maatsen is far more likely to feature
You are falling into the overall career scenario here G. Yes, I know he played hundreds of times for Everton.

At this stage I was playing football myself so watching City was not possible week in week out, but - geniune question- how good was Carsley for us in the second tier? (Expecting a particular three word answer from you here! ;) :ROFLMAO: )

Londonccfcfan

Better then Maddison?

According to you last season you thought he was rubbish and over rated . As was your judgement Maddison. Going back to Hamer Wasnt you laughing at suggestions hes worth x millions. Particularly when I was drooling over him game after game. Hes a stand out. Glad you have gone very quiet this quiet about him.

Your judgement of players is laughable.

steve101

His passing is phenomenal but I think would be more effective with better players who are on his wavelength. He does need to be more disciplined positionally and emotionally (impetuous) but this would also probably improve at a higher level. I would be sad to see him go as he seems a nice character and has a great rapport with the fans.

SlowerThanPlatt

According to you last season you thought he was rubbish and over rated . As was your judgement Maddison. Going back to Hamer Wasnt you laughing at suggestions hes worth x millions. Particularly when I was drooling over him game after game. Hes a stand out. Glad you have gone very quiet this quiet about him.

Your judgement of players is laughable.

You’ve awoken the spreadsheet…

Londonccfcfan

Deserves his own thread.

Technically a superb player- in my opinion our best since relegation from the Premier League, including better than some of the players that actually played for us in the top division!
Will be a massive loss!

He would up there for me too as the best we have had since relegation. Technically phenomenal player.
He was a massive reason we bridged the gap between league 1 and championship. And again another vital cog who this year gone up a level with better players around him.

Phenomenal player. the best I have seen and i agree better than some of the donkeys we had in the premier league days.

Terry Gibson's perm

I wonder how many calls Boddy had to put in to get them to place a bid.

If the manager gets a decent part of it to spend it’s not a problem if it just gets spent on tubs of paint for the training ground and other stuff then not worth it.

SAJ

Maddison was either 18 or 19 then hardly a fair comparison. Both are 25 and I think at the moment Maddison is the better of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread