Hamer at RWB option (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Haven't seen any discussion of this yet. I know he played a lot of games there for his previous club. I think it is a good option to have. Pask looks good in a 4, but wingback hasn't seemed to suit him. If DaCosta doesn't get fit and we need to move away from 4-3-3, Robins has the James, Sheaf and O'Hare option in midfield with Gyokeres and Biamou up top.... PUSB

D

Deleted member 11652

It’s not a terrible idea considering we have both Sheaf and James now. If Da Costa is not fit or turns out to be a disaster it might have to be an option.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not for me unless in dire emergency. Far more useful and effective in the centre of midfield and we'd miss that a lot, even though we'd have James, Sheaf and O'hare (plus hopefully Kelly soon) to play there but we've no idea what he'd be like in that position even though he apparently played it at times in Holland.

From what I've seen he's not exactly pacey and will commit niggly little fouls. As a FB/WB I could see him picking up a lot of cards.

KersleyDigs

For the record, I'm not saying we 'should', he is our best centre mid clearly, BUT, if that area becomes a problem, then moving him over may strengthen the team all round (as we do have quality in centre mid). Pask or DaCosta are totally unproven and let's face it Hamer is so gifted he could play and create from any position...!

KersleyDigs

Not for me unless in dire emergency. Far more useful and effective in the centre of midfield and we'd miss that a lot, even though we'd have James, Sheaf and O'hare (plus hopefully Kelly soon) to play there but we've no idea what he'd be like in that position even though he apparently played it at times in Holland.

From what I've seen he's not exactly pacey and will commit niggly little fouls. As a FB/WB I could see him picking up a lot of cards.
I was just thinking Wednesday that he is actually pretty rapid which is interesting... I read he played wing back frequently in Holland hence this thread.

johnwillomagic

A definite no from me - think we should play 4 at the back for a while.

Assuming we do Pask can start Right Back Saturday having performed well - if he falters Osti goes across and Fadz comes into the centre
DaCosta probably not too far away if we need wing backs and still not sure if Dabo out for long. McCallum has played on right too if we wished to go wing backs with him on right and Reid on the left.

Basically Hamer to stay in midfield!!

christonabike

Haven't seen any discussion of this yet. I know he played a lot of games there for his previous club. I think it is a good option to have. Pask looks good in a 4, but wingback hasn't seemed to suit him. If DaCosta doesn't get fit and we need to move away from 4-3-3, Robins has the James, Sheaf and O'Hare option in midfield with Gyokeres and Biamou up top.... PUSB
Are you Russell Slade ffs let’s all jump off the nearest balcony. He is the one and only outlet with vision and effort plus reads the game so well.
I really do worry about people!😆👀

DannyThomas_1981

Just an observation about this forum, bought to life by this thread....
The assumption that a post is the start of an argument... it isn't, just an idea

Laughing - yes!

But please don't apply logic on here Kersley....this is after all the forum where players are written off for smiling in training and taxis are constantly called year after year (admittedly by one Clown in particular) for a manager who has achieved 2 amazing promotions against the odds after taking the club over in free-fall.

:D

KersleyDigs

This is the bloke that called Vardy so put your house on this happening.
'Called' Vardy what? Read between the lines, i assume (wrongly) and the humour is lost on you...
I don't post with you guys in mind, there are more layers... you've got to be switched on...sorry...
Let's meet for a fight in a car park. For the record... my Mrs would KO you with a lead left hook and that's not even the best shot I taught her....

Last edited:

KersleyDigs

The key word for all you 'lads' here (and you can refer to the top) is 'option'. For fucks sake! Are you all the whispy tashed nob heads that trash the toilets at good humoured away games?

kg82

Are you Russell Slade ffs let’s all jump off the nearest balcony. He is the one and only outlet with vision and effort plus reads the game so well.
I really do worry about people!😆👀
Except everyone knows Hamer HAS actually played at RWB quite a lot in his career... it’s not just a square peg situation. The suggestion is fairly sensible by the OP. It’s not as if that area isn’t influential in the way we play.
For the record, I wouldn’t do it just yet. As others have said, we’ve (hopefully) got Dacosta and Pask. But I don’t think it’s necessarily the worst idea. But people love a dramatic reaction now, don’t they.

Johhny Blue

Except everyone knows Hamer HAS actually played at RWB quite a lot in his career... it’s not just a square peg situation. The suggestion is fairly sensible by the OP. It’s not as if that area isn’t influential in the way we play.
For the record, I wouldn’t do it just yet. As others have said, we’ve (hopefully) got Dacosta and Pask. But I don’t think it’s necessarily the worst idea. But people love a dramatic reaction now, don’t they.
HOW DARE YOU CALL US DRAMATIC !!!!!!!!
🌪🌪🌪

clint van damme

The key word for all you 'lads' here (and you can refer to the top) is 'option'. For fucks sake! Are you all the whispy tashed nob heads that trash the toilets at good humoured away games?

Fucking hell mate, get a grip.
People who don't want our star midfielder played at right wing back must be the types to trash toilets?!

Some leap that. It's really a crazy idea and shouldn't even be getting discussed.

David O'Day

Fucking hell mate, get a grip.
People who don't want our star midfielder played at right wing back must be the types to trash toilets?!

Some leap that. It's really a crazy idea and shouldn't even be getting discussed.

He's am absolute spectacle of himself equating playing our best midfielder in a position that isn't his best position means you smash up toilets.

Still he is from Kersley

clint van damme

He's am absolute spectacle of himself equating playing our best midfielder in a position that isn't his best position means you smash up toilets.

Still he is from Kersley

HAHA! To be fair KersleyDigs is a decent poster but I just think he's got this one very wrong to the point I'm agreeing with cc84cov!

Magwitch

No need to even consider Hamer for wing back doubt Robins will even consider it, we are covered at right back either DaCosta for wing back and Pask played well the other night as a right back in a flat back four, Dabo injury is a pain in the ass but reports are it’s a grade one tear which is the least serious so fingers crossed he will be back in 4 to 6 weeks hopefully alongside a number of others currently on the sidelines for what could be a vital run in.

Hobo

It is always good to have options. Never rule them out.

Users who are viewing this thread