Halfway to safety (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I don't think we need to worry about survival this season ,18 points clear already after 15 games if we went down now it would be a catastrophic turn of events

slowpoke

But only 6 points (two wins) separate 18th spot from Huddersfield & Blackpool in fifth & sixth spot respectively, and one of those below that are on minus twelve points this is a tough, tough division. No room for slacking.

higgs

Tough tough division alright very little between the teams apart from Bournemouth and Fulham

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

COV

But only 6 points (two wins) separate 18th spot from Huddersfield & Blackpool in fifth & sixth spot respectively, and one of those below that are on minus twelve points this is a tough, tough division. No room for slacking.

It’s actually not such a tough division- it’s a poor division this year.

It’s unlikely we’ll get a better chance than this for many years.

slowpoke

I’m not sure if it’s fair to say it’s a poor division, the kick back from covid and empty stadiums has equalled things out a little investment in January could be very productive.

Evo1883

Civ fans always say this , the year we finished 8th in league 1 they did the same.

We won it the year after , and some said the same

Everytime we do relatively well ,it's a shit division

COV

Civ fans always say this , the year we finished 8th in league 1 they did the same.

We won it the year after , and some said the same

Everytime we do relatively well ,it's a shit division

I didn’t say L1 was shit, it was very hard. And it’s not intended to put us down one bit.

But this season there isn’t as much quality, and aside from Bournemouth there’s nobody who’s consistent.

Evo1883

I didn’t say L1 was shit, it was very hard. And it’s not intended to put us down one bit.

But this season there isn’t as much quality, and aside from Bournemouth there’s nobody who’s consistent.

Not sure I agree this was the top lot after 15 games 2 seasons ago Screenshot_20211030-221952_Chrome.jpg
Top lot last season
Screenshot_20211030-221634_Chrome.jpg

Top lot this season Screenshot_20211030-222226_FlashScore UK.jpg

We'd basically be in the same position

Our points total seems consistent with the league position after 15 games

skyblue1991

6cf2da70c774a2b9f04d03cf84e69ac0.gif

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

COV

long way home

I don't think we are looking down I'm sure we are looking up. If you look at the last 25 games in the championship the pattern is very similar. I don't think we are a weaker side and if key players stay fit no reason to think a change will happen. Picking up 15 to 20 pts in games of 10 is a good target for us.

Last 10 games of previous season
Won - 5
Draws - 2
Lost - 3
Pts 17

1st 10 this season
Won - 6
Draws - 1
Lost - 3
Pts 19

Last 5
Won - 2
Draws - 2
Lost - 1
8 pts

If we could get 3 wins in the next 5 or 2 wins and a draw it's again a decent return from that block of 10. Long season I know and things can change quickly, but I truly believe we are least a top 10 team. We need key players to stay fit and if MR is able to switch a few out and bring 1 or two in come Jan the pattern will carry on. That result today was so important to give the players confidence to pull points out of not the best performance away from home.

Last edited:

higgs

I don't think we are looking down I'm sure we are looking up. If you look at the last 25 games in the championship the pattern is very similar. I don't think we are a weaker side and if key players stay fit no reason to think a change will happen. Picking up 15 to 20 pts in games of 10 is a good target for us.

Last 10 games of previous season
Won - 5
Draws - 2
Lost - 3
Pts 17

1st 10 this season
Won - 6
Draws - 1
Lost - 3
Pts 19

Last 5
Won - 2
Draws - 2
Lost - 1
8 pts

If we could get 3 wins in the next 5 or 2 wins and a draw it's again a decent return from that block of 10. Long season I know and things can change quickly, but I truly believe we are least a top 10 team. We need key players to stay fit and if MR is able to switch a few out and bring 1 or two in come Jan the pattern will carry on. That result today was so important to give the players confidence to pull points out of not the best performance away from home.
Where do you think we need to strengthen in January?

long way home

LWB and not just as cover want someone to fight for a starting spot. That position we need without movement.

I have a feeling we will see a few loaned out and a few sold. If that happens those players out will determine who comes in. Walker is one I could see as a player that will bring a fee and an area we could strengthen.

Last edited:

slowpoke

I would be happy with any player better than what we have, that improves the team, if I prioritised I’d say central defence we need to be rock solid there I think we are decent with the four we have but need to be better.

Users who are viewing this thread