Half Term Report (1 Viewer)

blunted

Well we started off as useless with a crap manager and were heading for relegation. Our recruitment was shit and Wright and Simms together were going to score less goals than own goals. Saka, Ayari and MVE were too lightweight and a waste of time. Now the team are world beaters and heading for another play off final. Interested to know what people think of how we have done at the half-way stage.

the rumpo kid

Always gonna be a difficult start with so many new faces, but it's looking better nearly every game now.

In Robin's we trust. !

MalcSB

Well we started off as useless with a crap manager and were heading for relegation. Our recruitment was shit and Wright and Simms together were going to score less goals than own goals. Saka, Ayari and MVE were too lightweight and a waste of time. Now the team are world beaters and heading for another play off final. Interested to know what people think of how we have done at the half-way stage.
Ayari remains both too lightweight and a waste of time.

Covkid1968#

I just wonder why so many people panic… Robins sorts it every time! If (a big fat IF aswell) we ever did make it… we would surely have to stick with Robins even if we get relegated back to the Championship because he will have us challenging again!!

CBS16

1/8th of the way through the new signings contracts, it's not looking bad at all is it! As said above we could make to the play offs this season and it's great to have something to aim for, but next year really is the one with this squad plus finishing touches

shmmeee

1/8th of the way through the new signings contracts, it's not looking bad at all is it! As said above we could make to the play offs this season and it's great to have something to aim for, but next year really is the one with this squad plus finishing touches

1/6 through for Collins and Sakamoto.

slowpoke

I don't think that's what he's saying. We're decent and can make the play offs, just very confident in the teams progression that we can have a stab at the top 2 next year
So you answer the question then does Robins ease up so we lose a few so we can have a go next season rather than this, can I suggest you message Robins and suggest it and let us all know what he says.

skybluegod

So you answer the question then does Robins ease up so we lose a few so we can have a go next season rather than this, can I suggest you message Robins and suggest it and let us all know what he says.

I know it's in your name but you really are quite slow aren't you.

Shmmeee isn't saying we shouldn't try and still get promoted this year 😂 he is just realistic to know we aren't the finished article...

We will undoubtedly have another blip at some point in this season, there is still too big a gap in quality in the midfield and a lack of depth in the wide areas over the course of the season, doesn't mean we don't have a chance this year though.

slowpoke

Shmmeee isn't saying we shouldn't try and still get promoted this year 😂 he is just realistic to know we aren't the finished article...

We will undoubtedly have another blip at some point in this season, there is still too big a gap in quality in the midfield and a lack of depth in the wide areas over the course of the season, doesn't mean we don't have a chance this year though.
Am I ? fuck all to do with a name, I believe what I read on here, of course we won’t win every game but for “experts” seems you are have now become one to suggest we wait until next season is mind boggling.

Sky Blue Harry H

Of course nobody wants us to ease up - but I think you'll find what a lot of people have said and thought, is that a whole season of this squad (with a tweak in the summer) will likely be even stronger than this season. For me, we are quite capable of making the play offs, but think whoever comes up against Leeds or Southampton in the pay offs will find them a particularly tough nut to crack. If Leeds, Leicester and Southampton do go up, I fancy us to have a crack at the autos next season (as I don't think the PL relegated teams will be quite as strong)

shmmeee

Am I ? fuck all to do with a name, I believe what I read on here, of course we won’t win every game but for “experts” seems you are have now become one to suggest we wait until next season is mind boggling.

Read the post I was replying to. It was about starting well. All I said is I think we’ll start well next year because we will have a settled side.

clint van damme

We had a blip last season, (around this time), and still made it.
That may not happen this season but there's no reason it can't.
I see a repeat where the teams that don't shit the bed make top 6, of course, we could be one of the teams that flap it.

slowpoke

I doubt very much we will have a blip like last season, we had injuries, a small squad, not allowed to draft anyone in, just Sean Mcguire at the end of January.
And the two idiots Sepalla & Fisher running the show, King wasn’t even here then.
Totally different now.

Brighton Sky Blue

I doubt very much we will have a blip like last season, we had injuries, a small squad, not allowed to draft anyone in, just Sean Mcguire at the end of January.
And the two idiots Sepalla & Fisher running the show, King wasn’t even here then.
Totally different now.
King was here then.

Senior Vick from Alicante

The positive thing for me is all the players we have bought have room to grow further and the team spirit is as good or if not better than last year. If Robins and the recruitment team can finally get the Hamer replacement we will be a great team to watch as it will speed up the transition through midfield, our current midfielders are a bit risk averse with that quick pass or driving into space. Its a solid 7.5 out of 10 at the minute based on how far I think the players can improve. Off the pitch Doug is doing a great job, every aspect of the club is improving and we have a club that has a good feeling about it that other fans seem to think we are doing things the right way. Finally Robins, Viveash, and Lawrence quietly building another team making players better and worth more money in the long run has to be a 10 out of 10.

Users who are viewing this thread