HAHAHAHA (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

the ones that sadly go only to watch top level rugby and not to support wasps.
Which means the pressure is on Wasps to perform to the highest level every season. If they don't what's to stop these people who just want to see the best rugby going to Leicester or Northampton instead?

italiahorse

just to emphasise what difference? One man bumped into some mouthy hooligans on a train.
I can remember been on Warrington station a few years ago when all hell broke loose between 2 sets of league supporters, (think it may have been Widnes and St.Helens), after a semi final, what does it prove?
so why go you weirdo?!
Are you trying to justify the unjustifiable?

italiahorse

Which means the pressure is on Wasps to perform to the highest level every season. If they don't what's to stop these people who just want to see the best rugby going to Leicester or Northampton instead?
It's like anything though.
People have always voted with their feet.
Wasps new found fans will develop a belonging over time and that may help in any decline.

italiahorse

Is that how you read it? Or are you purposely ignoring how stupid it is to judge a massive cross section of people based on the action of the few?
Diving and feigning injury should be annoying to everybody.
As should arguing with the referee.
Football is very tribal and it does not help families attending.

Liquid Gold

Diving and feigning injury should be annoying to everybody.
As should arguing with the referee.
Football is very tribal and it does not help families attending.
Yeah you're right. Kids famously don't want to go to the football because of the atmosphere. Football could do a lot to improve, it should set it's sights on becoming the most popular sport in the world.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's not especially though. I'm a football fan. Passing interest in rugby until we are talking the 6 nations or other internationals. No allegiance to any particular club.
But I think incidents involving rugby fans are isolated & contained to very small numbers. And when anything happens there usually a load of others telling them to pack it in. We all know what happens in football.

Its probably just a case of rugby fans have smaller chips on their shoulders & can hold their beer better

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I don't think it anything to do with them holding their beer better, football is just a much more emotional and passionate support. Probably due to the fact that most customers at rugby are not actually supporters of the club and are only there for the piss up, it doesn't matter to them if the team win or lose so they don't get angry and upset if they lose.

Emotion, passion and beer is a bad combination, at rugby you only have the beer.

SkyBlue_Bear83

2341be8c0dc20a8dfd5ca6f5c0440e08.png
Yes and our shitty relegated team still took more fans up to the mickey mouse cup than Wasps did for the pinnacle of their sport.

letsallsingtogether

Sale play in Salford after previously playing in Stockport. That went well for Stockport County FC.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
So your point was no oneup north knew where wasps played.

I wish they were still in Wycombe but our supporters just sat there and let it happen.
No point crying about it now.

fernandopartridge

So your point was no oneup north knew where wasps played.

I wish they were still in Wycombe but our supporters just sat there and let it happen.
No point crying about it now.
Yeah that's my point and is true. You need to take the comment in context mind, it was on the assertion that Wasps are seem as a Coventry team. They're not, not even within the city itself.

italiahorse

Yeah you're right. Kids famously don't want to go to the football because of the atmosphere. Football could do a lot to improve, it should set it's sights on becoming the most popular sport in the world.
It can be improved, surely ?
In fact the FA agree with me with retrospective diving assessment next season.
Next, we need to get where drink is allowed the stands because fans respect each other.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I know you were replying to Terry Gibsons perm but this post is so blinkered I felt the need to reply.

I also used the train to get to Wembley. I drove to Beaconsfield and got on the train which was predominantly full of Oxford fans. Nice atmosphere no trouble, no one drunk, no bad language, and jokes between supporters. We got off the train unsheperded right by Wembley, no police, nothing.

On the way back we went through a mass of Oxford fans to the station. No trouble, no bitterness, nothing. On the platform we chatted to lots of their fans with absolutely no problems at all. they were all polite, friendly and gracious in defeat. The same on the train back.

You cant judge anyone by your experiences and I have had more of the pleasant experience like above than ever a bad one. You can get dicks on the train all the time, who are drunk or abusive and predominantly I find its nothing to do with football.

Italia's summary was like the one overly negative review on TripAdvisor that makes you think; 'Hmmmm...'

Loads of Oxford got on my the train at Bicester, mixed fans, not a hint of trouble. Came home via Marylebone with a load of Arsenal fans. Had a considered chat about Wenger, ticket prices etc. Oh and everyone was drunk.

italiahorse

Italia's summary was like the one overly negative review on TripAdvisor that makes you think; 'Hmmmm...'

Loads of Oxford got on my the train at Bicester, mixed fans, not a hint of trouble. Came home via Marylebone with a load of Arsenal fans. Had a considered chat about Wenger, ticket prices etc. Oh and everyone was drunk.
Perhaps my standards are higher?
A load of drunks singing and banging the train roof might be regarded by some as just having fun but families might think differently.
Pissing in cups on trains or in the queues to Wembley stadium might be seen by a few as a necessity but families turning their backs might not.
In fact that reminds me. On the road up to Twickenham there were hundreds of portable toilets as you walked up.
It's different.

covmark

A load of drunks singing and banging the train roof might be regarded by some as just having fun but families might think differently.
Pissing in cups on trains or in the queues to Wembley stadium might be seen by a few as a necessity but families turning their backs might not.
In fact that reminds me. On the road up to Twickenham there were hundreds of portable toilets as you walked up.
It's different.
Wow. They have portable toilets?? Where do I sign up.
Ffs Italia that's scraping the barrel even by your standards.

On a side note. Me and my family never once saw anybody pissing in cups at Wembley.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Wow. They have portable toilets?? Where do I sign up.
Ffs Italia that's scraping the barrel even by your standards.

On a side note. Me and my family never once saw anybody pissing in cups at Wembley.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lucky you.
I did say on the train reference the cups though.
At Wembley they were pissing in the long train queue with urine running under our feet..
It's different.

MusicDating

It's different.
I was implying that yours reads as the biased made-up hotel review by the rival hotel that everyone ignores.

I went to Wembley with my 8yo and have done home and away train trips with him and never seen what you described.

italiahorse

I was implying that yours reads as the biased made-up hotel review by the rival hotel that everyone ignores.

I went to Wembley with my 8yo and have done home and away train trips with him and never seen what you described.
I must have been unlucky getting that later train with all the dickheads then.

letsallsingtogether

Yeah that's my point and is true. You need to take the comment in context mind, it was on the assertion that Wasps are seem as a Coventry team. They're not, not even within the city itself.

Yes I agree but the longer they are here and with success all will be forgotten.

Just like football while we are struggling with poor football in a poor league we will just be a small club, losing more coventrians to bigger more glamerous clubs.
We are a dying breed with an old supporter base we need to do whatever it takes to get back to where we were just a few seasons ago.
It really hurts me to say that and even though I am not renewing my season ticket I will go to 95% of games.
Shame more wont:(

MusicDating

I must have been unlucky getting that later train with all the dickheads then.
A percentage of people are dickheads, that's life I'm afraid. And certainly plenty of them are football fans. However, I've also seen fights at my only visit to Twickenham (Eng v Oz) and at The Oval.

What I object to is the pious nature of some fans thinking their sport is somehow different.

'Don't think your shit don't stink' is the phrase that springs to mind.

SkyblueBazza

just to emphasise what difference? One man bumped into some mouthy hooligans on a train.
I can remember been on Warrington station a few years ago when all hell broke loose between 2 sets of league supporters, (think it may have been Widnes and St.Helens), after a semi final, what does it prove?
I think everyone else is talking Rugby Union...you're talking Rugby League. As specifically different as Crown Green Bowling to 10-pin Bowling

SkyblueBazza

Nothing...Just like Liverpool & Man Utd fans might have gone to watch Man City instead the last couple seasons...unless loyalty comes into it

SkyblueBazza

I don't think it anything to do with them holding their beer better, football is just a much more emotional and passionate support. Probably due to the fact that most customers at rugby are not actually supporters of the club and are only there for the piss up, it doesn't matter to them if the team win or lose so they don't get angry and upset if they lose.

Emotion, passion and beer is a bad combination, at rugby you only have the beer.
Or maybe they have a more mature attitude to life in general?

SkyblueBazza

It can be improved, surely ?
In fact the FA agree with me with retrospective diving assessment next season.
Next, we need to get where drink is allowed the stands because fans respect each other.
Yep - I've said this retrospective thing for years & think it will bring a change. The next thing ought to be the throw-in. Most recent example in the Man U v Ajax game (but similar less blatant happens several times a game in the English Leagues) - ball kicked, rebounds virtually 90° to the line for a throw. The ball rebounded to the player that kicked it initially. He picked it up & threw it about 10yds forward to a team ate who pinched another 5yds before taking the throw! A team with a player with a long throw can go instantly from being awarded with a throw half-way to a goal scoring opportunity as he launches it into the box!

Terry Gibson's perm

Yep - I've said this retrospective thing for years & think it will bring a change. The next thing ought to be the throw-in. Most recent example in the Man U v Ajax game (but similar less blatant happens several times a game in the English Leagues) - ball kicked, rebounds virtually 90° to the line for a throw. The ball rebounded to the player that kicked it initially. He picked it up & threw it about 10yds forward to a team ate who pinched another 5yds before taking the throw! A team with a player with a long throw can go instantly from being awarded with a throw half-way to a goal scoring opportunity as he launches it into the box!

Goalkeepers wasting time and this silly rule where they can kick it from either side, but my biggest hate is substitutions where the bench sends the player coming off to the other side of the pitch and then he shakes everybody's hand on the way over, they should book the player coming on for time wasting and as soon as he enters the field the game should start not wait until he gets into position

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Goalkeepers wasting time and this silly rule where they can kick it from either side, but my biggest hate is substitutions where the bench sends the player coming off to the other side of the pitch and then he shakes everybody's hand on the way over, they should book the player coming on for time wasting and as soon as he enters the field the game should start not wait until he gets into position
It's another easy. They could allow discretion to refs...15secs is not unreasonable to get off the pitch & give each ball boy a couple of low-vis jackets for them to wear as they make their way back to the dug out. More than 15secs at refs discretion because they have been hobbling about...or ref books the player.

Joy Division

Bit late on this one but just thought I'd add my congratulations to Exeter Chiefs winning the title. An excellent example of the spirit of Rugby, grass roots and community triumphing over the would be ££giants££ of the league. Unlucky.

Captain Dart

So does nobody cheat, dive or time waste in Rugby then?

They're all on steroids, total drug culture. Rugby sets a very bad example to young people, telling them all they must be beefed up.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Re: the lack of trouble at the Checkatrade final, me and the missus were on a Metropolitan Line tube from Hillingdon, and it was about 50:50 Sky Blues and Oxford. Not a hint of trouble. Got a bit lary around some of the pubs out by Wembley Park tube station, but didn't see any trouble all day (all the Oxford fans were long gone by the time we had got out the ground).
However, this being my first time at the new Wembley, I have extreme doubts as to how crowd control would be managed if a sizeable group of fans were intent on causing trouble around the ground, on Wembley Way, or at the Stadium or Park stations.
My uncle is a Bradford fan, and he chose not to go to the playoff final because they were playing Millwall. Just picture what might have happened if they had lost.

On the rugby crowds side of things, I used to go to Leicester Tigers when I lived up that way, and the only time I saw any hint of trouble (other than on the pitch!) was at the big finals, when there was a glut of tickets, and non-rugby fans were able to get hold of them for a good day out. And why not (as Barry Norman would say)?
But at a big sporting venue, all beered-up in sight of the pitch, no segregation, they did not know how to behave, and thought they were at a football match. Thankfully, there were a lot of 40s-50s guys there who had been lock forwards, etc, and took them in hand, telling them in no uncertain terms to cut it out. Self-policing is something we could adopt in the round ball game, but some of the little scrotes these days think they're invincible.

Users who are viewing this thread