Had a great chat today.... (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Not sure where this post is going, but just thought I'd ramble on......Met a bloke in my local today. Never seen him before but apparently he frequents in there a fair bit, but in the other half of the pub. Anyway, when I went in, he was sitting at the table I normally sit at, chatting to my elderly 93 year old mate, Ron. I sat and joined them and old Ron introduced me to this fella. He was from Liverpool originally, so he was a big Reds fan, but when he asked me who I support and I told him Coventry, he was able to give an amazing account of the Sky Blues. Ex players, Highfield Rd, how we faired in the Premier League, even remembering actual score-lines and who had scored. He was only about 45, but could reel off all city's old players such as Willie Carr, Tommy Hutch, Colin Stein, Oggy, etc, etc. He also said that in his opinion, and that of a lot of his Liverpool mates, the 1987 FA Cup final was the best he'd ever seen! He could pretty much name most of the team! When he went to the loo, old Ron said that this bloke was minted! He was worth over 50 million quid and had a number of businesses. When he came back, Ron asked him if he still had his Bentley. "Nah," he said, "I only bought that because it was comfortable for my dad. But now he's passed away, I bought myself a Maserati!" I thought to myself, "Yeah, right!" Anyhoos, when I left to go back home, there parked outside was the Maserati. Just goes to show who you can end up chatting to in your local!

20211118_142519.jpg

kg82

Not sure where this post is going, but just thought I'd ramble on......Met a bloke in my local today. Never seen him before but apparently he frequents in there a fair bit, but in the other half of the pub. Anyway, when I went in, he was sitting at the table I normally sit at, chatting to my elderly 93 year old mate, Ron. I sat and joined them and old Ron introduced me to this fella. He was from Liverpool originally, so he was a big Reds fan, but when he asked me who I support and I told him Coventry, he was able to give an amazing account of the Sky Blues. Ex players, Highfield Rd, how we faired in the Premier League, even remembering actual score-lines and who had scored. He was only about 45, but could reel off all city's old players such as Willie Carr, Tommy Hutch, Colin Stein, Oggy, etc, etc. He also said that in his opinion, and that of a lot of his Liverpool mates, the 1987 FA Cup final was the best he'd ever seen! He could pretty much name most of the team! When he went to the loo, old Ron said that this bloke was minted! He was worth over 50 million quid and had a number of businesses. When he came back, Ron asked him if he still had his Bentley. "Nah," he said, "I only bought that because it was comfortable for my dad. But now he's passed away, I bought myself a Maserati!" I thought to myself, "Yeah, right!" Anyhoos, when I left to go back home, there parked outside was the Maserati. Just goes to show who you can end up chatting to in your local!

View attachment 22776
Nags head! Closest pub to me when I’m back there!

clint van damme

View attachment 22776
Why is your 93 year old mate hanging around with an old fella like you H?!

Greggs

Can't be packing much in the trouser department....

Covkid1968#

The Great British pub is a great leveller and there is nothing more enjoyable than having a chat over a couple of beers. Leave your politics and religion at the door and talk shite for a couple of hours…,, love it.

rob9872

The Great British pub is a great leveller and there is nothing more enjoyable than having a chat over a couple of beers. Leave your politics and religion at the door and talk shite for a couple of hours…,, love it.
I can't do it justice here so see if you can find it on youtube or something, but have a look at Kevin Bridges doing 'If Facebook was a pub' - brilliant! :)

Bugsy

I can't do it justice here so see if you can find it on youtube or something, but have a look at Kevin Bridges doing 'If Facebook was a pub' - brilliant! :)

That guy's class, one of my favorites.

Covkid1968#

Users who are viewing this thread