HA!! (1 Viewer)

kg82

Villa's match thread was locked immediately at full time. Lambert surely can't stay on after this?

I really hope he does! Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good manager but he's obviously being given nothing by Lerner and I don't think he can work with what he's got at the moment, which is a bunch of young and mediocre players with no confidence at all. I was even "shhhhush"-ing the Bradford fans when they started singing "sacked in the morning"! Mind you, I remember singing that to Gregory about 99, absolutely certain he would... he didn't. Which was a shame because he was such a smug little tw*t!

WestEndAgro

I really hope he does! Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good manager but he's obviously being given nothing by Lerner and I don't think he can work with what he's got at the moment, which is a bunch of young and mediocre players with no confidence at all. I was even "shhhhush"-ing the Bradford fans when they started singing "sacked in the morning"! Mind you, I remember singing that to Gregory about 99, absolutely certain he would... he didn't. Which was a shame because he was such a smug little tw*t!

He has been backed by Lerner, Villa are the forth highest spenders this season, he just hasn't spent it well.
Anyway I personally hope they get relegated, I can't stand them.

kg82

He has been backed by Lerner, Villa are the forth highest spenders this season, he just hasn't spent it well.
Anyway I personally hope they get relegated, I can't stand them.

My mistake. I meant in this transfer window, but didn't realise they'd spent so much in the summer.
And me too.

Stevearcade

Amaaaaaaazing!!!! I've just logged online after a couple hours of video gaming and realised what brilliance has taken place tonight!

I mean, I love an underdog tale (I have to right, I'm a Coventry fan :rolleyes:) and I love seeing the Villa get shat on (I mean who doesn't ;)). And tonight folks, we present for you, all the way from the fourth tier of English football Bradford City who are about to royally Shit On The Villa!!!

I just hope the final's not a white wash with Chelsea banging in goals from all over the shop. In fact, a Swansea/Bradford final would be awesome. Two teams who are otherwise unlikely to win silverware at any other time.

Grendel

Bit more exciting than the JPT

Brighton Sky Blue

If they get Chelsea they're virtually guaranteed European football. Swansea shouldn't be allowed in but doubtless would be.

Grendel

If they get Chelsea they're virtually guaranteed European football. Swansea shouldn't be allowed in but doubtless would be.

Not sure they would be -- don't know the rules on that now

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure they would be -- don't know the rules on that now

Welsh teams seem very happy to scab off English football for all the associated perks but in the same breath spout Anglophobic crap on a constant basis. In my eyes they and the other Welsh clubs in our system should be booted out and left in the Welsh Premier.

lordsummerisle

Welsh teams seem very happy to scab off English football for all the associated perks but in the same breath spout Anglophobic crap on a constant basis. In my eyes they and the other Welsh clubs in our system should be booted out and left in the Welsh Premier.

Maybe they'll have a play-off with Total Network Solutions or Airbus UK or something?

Changeyourface

You seem to be under the impression that the Football league was solely English and the Welsh somehow cheated there way in, and also that the English are never Anti-Welsh? Very confusing.

Brighton Sky Blue

You seem to be under the impression that the Football league was solely English and the Welsh somehow cheated there way in, and also that the English are never Anti-Welsh? Very confusing.

Now that a Welsh system is in place I see no reason for them to not go play in it. Wales, just like Scotland, is a country which has Anglophobia as a firm part of its national identity yet they remain happy to enjoy the prosperity that comes from being England's neighbour. It doesn't go both ways.

Changeyourface

Now that a Welsh system is in place I see no reason for them to not go play in it. Wales, just like Scotland, is a country which has Anglophobia as a firm part of its national identity yet they remain happy to enjoy the prosperity that comes from being England's neighbour. It doesn't go both ways.

Saying that Anglophobia is a firm part of a Welsh/Scottish national identity is the same as saying that The EDL or the BNP are the true representatves of an English national identity. Welsh teams have played in the Football League since it was founded because they (along with Scottish teams) were invited too.

Brighton Sky Blue

Saying that Anglophobia is a firm part of a Welsh/Scottish national identity is the same as saying that The EDL or the BNP are the true representatves of an English national identity. Welsh teams have played in the Football League since it was founded because they (along with Scottish teams) were invited too.

No it isn't-I have lived in Scotland long enough to know it is far from a minority view. Those other teams were invited as they had no system of their own at the time. The Scottish one was formed soon after but a Welsh one didn't till the early 90s. The Scottish sides quickly went into their own leagues so no reason why Welsh sides can't either. Edinburgh is as close to England as Swansea is, I'd wager.

Changeyourface

No it isn't-I have lived in Scotland long enough to know it is far from a minority view. Those other teams were invited as they had no system of their own at the time. The Scottish one was formed soon after but a Welsh one didn't till the early 90s. The Scottish sides quickly went into their own leagues so no reason why Welsh sides can't either. Edinburgh is as close to England as Swansea is, I'd wager.

The vast majority of my family are Scottish and Welsh, they want England to lose in sports etc. but as for out and out racism? Bollocks. At least no more racist then the pathological hatred the English have for the Krauts, or of course their dislike for the Frogs, Yanks, Jocks, Taffies, Paddies, Pakis etc. The Welsh sides were invited to join The Welsh Prem but (most) declined as it would have been a massive step back for them. Imagine if Coventry were suddenly asked to join a league where they had no hope of achieving anything apart from beating sides like Bedworth Town every weekend.

Brighton Sky Blue

The vast majority of my family are Scottish and Welsh, they want England to lose in sports etc. but as for out and out racism? Bollocks. At least no more racist then the pathological hatred the English have for the Krauts, or of course their dislike for the Frogs, Yanks, Jocks, Taffies, Paddies, Pakis etc. The Welsh sides were invited to join The Welsh Prem but (most) declined as it would have been a massive step back for them. Imagine if Coventry were suddenly asked to join a league where they had no hope of achieving anything apart from beating sides like Bedworth Town every weekend.

Did I say racist? Don't think we'll see eye to eye and comparing Coventry playing in their own domestic system to Welsh clubs hijacking another is simply not valid.

kg82

Brilliant, a harmless thread about villa turning into "pathological racism" :facepalm:

EDIT: not aimed at you BSB

Changeyourface

Did I say racist? Don't think we'll see eye to eye and comparing Coventry playing in their own domestic system to Welsh clubs hijacking another is simply not valid.

What is Anglophobia if not racism? And you can't accuse Welsh clubs of hijacking anything as they were invited to join the football league, which was the only league around for them to join at the time.

Brighton Sky Blue

What is Anglophobia if not racism? And you can't accuse Welsh clubs of hijacking anything as they were invited to join the football league, which was the only league around for them to join at the time.

That being the case I'm sure you'd be happy for the Old Firm to join in, and for away days at Inverness and Aberdeen? If they love Wales so much and want to improve Welsh football, they would go.

Changeyourface

That being the case I'm sure you'd be happy for the Old Firm to join in, and for away days at Inverness and Aberdeen? If they love Wales so much and want to improve Welsh football, they would go.

Why would I? They play in their own established leagues and are not welcome, unlike the situation you are on about. What's them loving Wales got to do with it? They want the best for their clubs, which means staying in the same League system they were asked to join over a hundred years ago.

Brighton Sky Blue

They have their own system but wish to continue mooching off our own. It makes no sense for Celtic financially to stay in the SPL as the opposition is tinpot; just as valid an argument for having them here as there is Swansea and Cardiff. If they went into the Welsh league the system there and quality of football would benefit enormously.

Changeyourface

And if Celtic had been invited to join the Football League in 1888 and had been playing in it ever since then I would totally agree that they should not have to play in the SPL if they chose to remain in the Football League. This isn't a Welsh/English problem, it happens all over the world. Orginally the leagues were arranged in Counties anyway so maybe we should be outraged that a poor northern team like Bradford just "mooched" lots of money out of beating a Midlands team like Villa.

Brighton Sky Blue

Swansea have a perfectly fine system now in place which they could go to. Counties aren't comparable to countries and few of us here like the Villa so the Yorkies can rightfully enjoy the spoils.

RoboCCFC90

Good Work Agent Lambert keep up the good work of humiliating and relegating that Vile Scum!

ajsccfc

Re: European football, I think it's only the FA Cup where the losing finalist can still qualify for Europe, for the League Cup you may need to win it or else the UEFA Cup spot goes to a league position. Not 100% on that.

ajsccfc

Swansea have a perfectly fine system now in place which they could go to.

Not really. They're in the most lucrative division on the planet on merit and have a long history in the English system, how could such a move be justified now? It'd be an insane sanction based seemingly on the idea that Welsh teams are ok, so long as they don't get uppity and start being good.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not really. They're in the most lucrative division on the planet on merit and have a long history in the English system, how could such a move be justified now? It'd be an insane sanction based seemingly on the idea that Welsh teams are ok, so long as they don't get uppity and start being good.

I just find it funny that the FAW opposed its players playing in the Olympics to 'protect their footballing sovereignty', but is happy for its best teams to play in the English system. I've never agreed with it and never will.

Users who are viewing this thread