Gyokores song. Finally (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Great song. Love it

rob9872

Bit too wordy imo and we dont have much white tbf. Each to their own but I still prefer the idea of just repeating his name to the Give it up tune.

Skyblue54

While we at it...what about one for the goalie?...more more more...Andrea true connection... somebody surely can put lyrics to that?....

rob9872

The lad is 7, got more creativity than me and this will catch on!

Great effort!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
Nah, I guess I'm just an old cynic, but 7 year old randomly starting a new player song to a tune from way back that hasn't been on the terraces before (unless you count United's effort), not having it. Despite it not being Mozart, I think his dad (school teacher) started this and got his lad singing it.

Samo

No offence to the young lad but the second line needs work, we don't play in white.
How about:

We've got a big Swede on our side,
He wears the sky blue with pride,
Scoring goals is what he does best, and he goes by the name of Gyokores

rob9872

No offence to the young lad but the second line needs work, we don't play in white.
How about:

We've got a big Swede on our side,
He wears the sky blue with pride,
Scoring goals is what he does best, and he goes by the name of Gyokores
Agree it needs work and I like the 'pride' variant, but doesn't bounce to the tune quite right 🤔

*Edit how about: He wears Sky Blue with passion and pride
Also think if we're sticking with it, I'd go for in our side rather than on our side

We've got a big Swede in our side
He wears sky blue with passion and pride
Scoring goals is what he does best
And he goes by the name of Gyokores

Speedies_Chips

Nah, I guess I'm just an old cynic, but 7 year old randomly starting a new player song to a tune from way back that hasn't been on the terraces before (unless you count United's effort), not having it. Despite it not being Mozart, I think his dad (school teacher) started this and got his lad singing it.
Bloody hell, you are cynical git aren't you!

NortonSkyBlue

I was sat directly behind the lad and his dad on the Bedworth and Nuneaton coach and a couple of hours before he said his son had made up this song he was trying to get his son to sing it saying the boy had created this song about Viktor. Once it was sung the entire coach was singing it from Burnley to Blackburn.
Great song, hopefully it will catch on.

wingy

Hehe.
Going up with Vik in Sky Blue
A goal a game or maybe two
Came across from that Nordic Land
Going up with the spirit of Sky Blue.

fatso

Agree it needs work and I like the 'pride' variant, but doesn't bounce to the tune quite right 🤔

*Edit how about: He wears Sky Blue with passion and pride
Also think if we're sticking with it, I'd go for in our side rather than on our side

We've got a big Swede in our side
He wears sky blue with passion and pride
Scoring goals is what he does best
Still too wordy,
How about,

We’ve got a Swede on our side,
Wearing the shirt with such pride,
Scoring goals is what he does best,

shmmeee

Still too wordy,
How about,

We’ve got a Swede on our side,
Wearing the shirt with such pride,
Scoring goals is what he does best,

Needs another syllable in the second line, wearing the city shirt?

wingy

Not that I need to justify my son but this “school teacher” will certainly stick up for his boy. I’d bloody love this to be my song, I’d be standing up on my seat with pride belting it out!!

let me give you the context. We were watching the England game and Arron said to me “daddy they’ve stole our Callum ohare song” (don’t take me home song). This is where I told him that most clubs use the same tunes and songs but with their own lyrics. We then discussed syllables and rhyming.

You’re right about one thing. He certainly didn’t get it from a George Beat song. He is a football nut and always watching YouTube football and fan videos. He found an Arsenal song about lacazette and said “Gyokeres would fit at the end there daddy and he scores goals” He didn’t have to change that many words after that

He wouldn’t take my lyrics when he was thinking of the others. Funny thing is his opening line is

“We’ve got a big swede oh what a sight”

However I said it wrong on the coach and Wayne (top man btw) on the bus misheard it and type “on our side” which actually workes better and the whole coach went with that, although Arron is having none of it still sings his version (ALL DAY LONG).

He just wanted this song to be one we sung but I told him it’s a cracker and to tell the coach it on Saturday. It went done well and we had a good time singing it. That’s all. End of story.

PUSB. See you all Wednesday.
Fair play, but think your sons opening line is better tbf, anyhow well done to him.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Every attempt to change it is worse than the original. Sky Blue and white works.

Agreed. Although I must admit when I heard it at the ground on Saturday I thought it was:
“He plays for city, sky blue eyed” don’t think it’s much better but when I read on here it was sky blue and white, I questioned it’s sense more than I did the “original” in the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread