Gyokeres (3 Viewers)

Levship20

Having been raised on Coventry being in the top flight and some of the players we have had through their years (Huckerby, Ndlovu, Hadji, Keane etc), i can honestly say that gyokeres is the only player who, even when he got the ball on the half way line, i thought he could score whenever he got the ball. He may not be the best player we have had, but the anticipation of the crowd even when it was 3 on 1 that he could pull something out the bag is something i will never forget and we prob wont get to see for quite a while in sky blue. Whatever happens in the future, Gyokeres will be looked back on in the legend status at this club and i only wish him the best for what he has brought to this club
Here here 👍🏻

theferret

What is the typical installment schedule for a deal like this? I imagine we'll receive around £9m up front and rest in installments?

PVA

i can honestly say that gyokeres is the only player who, even when he got the ball on the half way line, i thought he could score whenever he got the ball. He may not be the best player we have had, but the anticipation of the crowd even when it was 3 on 1 that he could pull something out the bag is something i will never forget

I think you're forgetting Peter Vincenti

theferret

Gonna miss this guy in our team, absolute beast of a player, his work ethic and contribution to the club has been huge both financially and more importantly, made us incredibly competitive and fun to watch.

This. There will be the usual 'didn't rate him anyway' crowd, but he is an exceptional talent and it was a pleasure to watch him this past couple of years. Wish him well.

Mr Panda

To think when he finished his initial loan spell I thought he’d be one of those obscure players that we’d think “oh remember that guy?” years down the line.

Now he’s departing I’m wondering when we’ll see someone like him again. His talents for our level were unique and he’s probably the best forward I’ve seen play in the shirt in my years supporting the club. The scary thing is if he develops more composure he can get a lot better too.

pusbccfc

What a price. Not a twinge of sadness when I read those figures.

Bookmark this...

He gets no more than 10 goals next season at Sporting.

TomRad85

Anyone who dares say that even in jest is quite, quite mad.
Seen some absolutely bizarre posts on Facebook.
I feel weird cheering the sale of our best player but a sale like this under a new owner who we all hope will stick that money straight back into the team is exactly what we needed. Up to the recruitment guys to get this right now.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Yep £20.5m. Great deal for us.

More importantly, does that mean Earlsdon gets his fight and book signing?

No one actually knows what the actual offer is

TomRad85

What a price. Not a twinge of sadness when I read those figures.

Bookmark this...

He gets no more than 10 goals next season at Sporting.
No more than 10 in Portugal? I'm sure he'll do fine.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Having been raised on Coventry being in the top flight and some of the players we have had through their years (Huckerby, Ndlovu, Hadji, Keane etc), i can honestly say that gyokeres is the only player who, even when he got the ball on the half way line, i thought he could score whenever he got the ball. He may not be the best player we have had, but the anticipation of the crowd even when it was 3 on 1 that he could pull something out the bag is something i will never forget and we prob wont get to see for quite a while in sky blue. Whatever happens in the future, Gyokeres will be looked back on in the legend status at this club and i only wish him the best for what he has brought to this club
Absolutely a pleasure to watch and truly sensational in his own Viktor style.

NorthernWisdom

To think when he finished his initial loan spell I thought he’d be one of those obscure players that we’d think “oh remember that guy?” years down the line.

Now he’s departing I’m wondering when we’ll see someone like him again. His talents for our level were unique and he’s probably the best forward I’ve seen play in the shirt in my years supporting the club. The scary thing is if he develops more composure he can get a lot better too.
Yeah there were a few of us who got him totally wrong after his loan spell. Hindsight says we were lucky he didn't show his true form then mind you!

Fysnkysc

Considering I didn’t think we would get over 12m for him with his contract situation mr king has done well and stuck to his guns. Sporting can fuck off now though dragged this shit out 2 weeks longer than needed.

Sick Boy

Considering I didn’t think we would get over 12m for him with his contract situation mr king has done well and stuck to his guns. Sporting can fuck off now though dragged this shit out 2 weeks longer than needed.
If anything we're the ones who've dragged it out, luckily.

cstring82

I knew as soon as we’d lost the final he was going to go (probably would anyway if we did go up).
But he’s part a massive part of my son getting excited to go to the football after we got season tickets two years ago and that I can’t replace.
Scored some goals, set some up, been a great player and I wish him all the best, especially if there’s a sell on clause 😂

SIR ERNIE

It's been great to watch him develop into one of the league's most feared strikers over the last two seasons. His progress has been amazing and huge credit must go to the coaching staff.
Has the rare ability of getting fans out of their seats whenever he gets the ball.
Never gave us less than 100%, clearly loved the club and together with Hamer carried the team and came within a whisker of achieving the impossible dream for us. What a player.
A true club great. I wish him every success.

Saddlebrains

Im going to miss him big time.

The best striker since Keane without a shadow. Pace, strength, control, the ability to roll a defender easily, the power when running at a man, everything

He deserves his move, and has got us the biggest money we have ever had as a club

I wish him all the best, and will.miss hearing the big swede song 😔

Now, give Robins at least 12 million of this influx Doug and il believe in you

Users who are viewing this thread