Gyokeres (5 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Brereton Diaz is an exception rather than the rule, but if it suits your bedwetting jump right in.

It's funny, I've offered anyone a charity bet that he will go for at least 20 million pounds this window, but no one seems to want to take me up on it. It says everything.

You will never be able to evidence that he has or hasn't

worc0257

You'd never know if it was £20 million
Exactly. Only about six people in the world ever will. Gyokeres is not a chattel slave, he's a human being with a contract of employment. The club can't "sell" him, they can either accept an offer to let him out of his contract, or hold him to it. Harry Kane is one very arguable example when this has worked out in the club's favour; I can't think of any others.

If Sporting Lisbon really have offered £17M and he really wants to go there, we should bite their hands off. His value goes down with every day of the window that passes.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Brereton Diaz is an exception rather than the rule, but if it suits your bedwetting jump right in.

It's funny, I've offered anyone a charity bet that he will go for at least 20 million pounds this window, but no one seems to want to take me up on it. It says everything.

Well it isn't really is it. It clearly highlights the risk clubs run when they try to hold out for inflated fees when the interest deemed to be as strong as initially thought. But bury your head in the sand if you so wish.

Well given the vast majority of transfers are either undisclosed or are reported second hand in the press so technically can't be proven it probably says you're a bigger idiot than I previously thought.

SBAndy

I get why we haven’t accepted thus far, but I think we’ve got to take the highest offer by the end of this week. I just hope we’ve been doing work in the background so signings can start to drop fairly swiftly. The more it drags on, the more it affects our ability to attract the right players for next season as targets will start to go elsewhere.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Well it isn't really is it. It clearly highlights the risk clubs run when they try to hold out for inflated fees when the interest deemed to be as strong as initially thought. But bury your head in the sand if you so wish.

Well given the vast majority of transfers are either undisclosed or are reported second hand in the press so technically can't be proven it probably says you're a bigger idiot than I previously thought.

It really doesn't matter what you write from this point forward. You have shirked at the chance to take the charity bet and have more or less admitted that you wouldn't even accept you were wrong should the sale happen as 'it might be reported by second hand press'. That's quite a weak character trait to be so unable to reflect after something like that, but it isn't of a surprise to me given your want to take the quickest most derisory offer. Unfortunately, you have well and truly wet the bed here, with no signs that the sheets are going to get changed.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the transfer window, providing Doug King displays a bit more business sense than you and some others.

fernandopartridge

I get why we haven’t accepted thus far, but I think we’ve got to take the highest offer by the end of this week. I just hope we’ve been doing work in the background so signings can start to drop fairly swiftly. The more it drags on, the more it affects our ability to attract the right players for next season as targets will start to go elsewhere.
Yeah, it does feel like the next week or so is the time in which it needs to be done.

SBT

So I decline to bet that Gyokeres will be sold for £20 million, given that I’ve never mentioned that figure before or even suggested a price for him in this window, and it “says everything”? What exactly is it supposed to say?

Legia Sky Blue

Ideally he would be sold by now & MR could get on with the rebuilding job. However circumstances are dictating otherwise and I agree with the club trying to get a higher value for Gyok than offered by Lisbon. It could give us the extra financial clout that might make the difference in extending Hamer's contract, or signing a better standard replacement/ or replacements for Gyokeres. For the sake of a few more weeks if necessary I think we should hold out. For arguments sake a 20m fee over a 17m fee gives us an extra 3m to play with. Some people are dismissing that 3m like it is loose change, but that sum could make a significant difference to the recruiting potential for a club of our standing.

fernandopartridge

Ideally he would be sold by now & MR could get on with the rebuilding job. However circumstances are dictating otherwise and I agree with the club trying to get a higher value for Gyok than offered by Lisbon. It could give us the extra financial clout that might make the difference in extending Hamer's contract, or signing a better standard replacement/ or replacements for Gyokeres. For the sake of a few more weeks if necessary I think we should hold out. For arguments sake a 20m fee over a 17m fee gives us an extra 3m to play with. Some people are dismissing that 3m like it is loose change, but that sum could make a significant difference to the recruiting potential for a club of our standing.

It's a big punt to take when there is no evidence that any club is likely to come in, it's widely reported that he's close to signing for Sporting yet no other offers have materialised.

David O'Day

You've been babbling on in your posts about how it's far too early in the window to sell yet you're also claiming let's wait a week.

The hypocrisy of your argument is clearly lost on you.
Can you actually read you daft hillbilly twat?

I said we shouldn't sell for less than we think he is worth now.

Do you want me to write it out in crayon for you? To be honest I thought the schools in Kenilworth would be better.

Oh well

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Rather he just fucked off now
I’d rather Doug be proactive and sign some players on the assumption Vik is going. Pre-season starts next week, I’d have wanted the bulk of the signings ready to go.

robins always told us when we signed players late “they’ll take a while to bed in” would be nice if they were already bedded in come the start of the season

Legia Sky Blue

It's a big punt to take when there is no evidence that any club is likely to come in, it's widely reported that he's close to signing for Sporting yet no other offers have materialised.

I don't agree with it being a big punt to take at this stage. We are still over 2 months away from the end of the window and relatively few transfers are going through, other than to Saudi Arabia. Its a bit of a silly season right now, fans are bored with no football to watch and next to no transfer news to follow. Once players are back training things will pick up. Of course if Gyok hasn't gone by the start of the season, there have been no other offers & we are still rejecting 17m then it starts to be a big punt. Even then there is a chance that a poor starting PL club may move in for him before the window shuts, but leaving it that late would be high stakes poker for all concerned. I think there's about 3 weeks in this before I start considering joining the bedwetters :)

Speedie's Head

I’d rather Doug be proactive and sign some players on the assumption Vik is going. Pre-season starts next week, I’d have wanted the bulk of the signings ready to go.

robins always told us when we signed players late “they’ll take a while to bed in” would be nice if they were already bedded in come the start of the season
Yes. The pre-season is really important for team building and working on systems of play. They have very little time for these things during the busy season more reinforcing the summer's work.

mmttww

Don't think we can afford assumptions that, worst case scenario, cost us millions. We're a few weeks behind where some teams might be because of the playoffs. People need to chill!

junglej13

Mike McGrath from the Telegraph reporting that Sporting are growing confident of doing a deal. He's a pretty solid journo. The ever reliable Teamtalk however reporting that Burnley are 'bursting into the race' and are preparing a player plus cash offer. It's says two players... But doesn't name them!

KenilworthSkyBlue

Can you actually read you daft hillbilly twat?

I said we shouldn't sell for less than we think he is worth now.

Do you want me to write it out in crayon for you? To be honest I thought the schools in Kenilworth would be better.

Oh well

Well at least I can take comfort in the fact that the schools I went to were undoubtedly better than the shitholes that spat you out.

SBAndy

Mike McGrath from the Telegraph reporting that Sporting are growing confident of doing a deal. He's a pretty solid journo. The ever reliable Teamtalk however reporting that Burnley are 'bursting into the race' and are preparing a player plus cash offer. It's says two players... But doesn't name them!

Can hope it’s McNally and Twine but, knowing us, it’d be Mohamed Coulibaly and Josh McQuoid.

Alkhen

I'd snap Burnley's hand off for a sniff of that but not sure Vik would downgrade Europa League with Sporting (or West Ham) for what will likely be Prem dogfight.

I'm not too worried about all the fuss on here. He'll go for a massive fee, glad we aren't caving in.

Hobo

So, Burnley are offering two players plus £ for Vik and Everton are offering Simms plus £ ??

Sit back and wait for a bit longer would seem the best action at the moment

It's journalists finding something to write about. Those offers are no more factual than opinions written on here.

The real point is, even if they are true and great deals for Cov City Vik doesn't have to go to Burnley or Everton if he doesn't want to.

Briles

If Burnley said 15 and McNally and Twine id drive him myself

Whispers are 1 of them is Lyle Foster but he only signed in Jan for 8 million

DrPoolittle

Agreed. It’s entirely plausible that no offers have materialised because PL clubs know Gyokeres isn’t interested. Utter waste of time for any club to bid if his agent has told them - Gyokeres is only interested in a move to Lisbon.

If - and it’s only an if - that’s true, it just add credibility to the belief that Lisbon just need to sit tight and wait for the Sky Blues to accept their bid

Sky Blue Pete

It's journalists finding something to write about. Those offers are no more factual than opinions written on here.

The real point is, even if they are true and great deals for Cov City Vik doesn't have to go to Burnley or Everton if he doesn't want to.
He’d be such a knob refusing to go to either club

Sky Blue Pete

Agreed. It’s entirely plausible that no offers have materialised because PL clubs know Gyokeres isn’t interested. Utter waste of time for any club to bid if his agent has told them - Gyokeres is only interested in a move to Lisbon.

If - and it’s only an if - that’s true, it just add credibility to the belief that Lisbon just need to sit tight and wait for the Sky Blues to accept their bid
Why

Users who are viewing this thread