Gyokeres (5 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

That second “dry spell” when he scored and aaaiated vs Bham and managed assists in the semi final and final?
Thee were a couple of games where I thought he was superb but didn't score, and it seems I was very much in the minority of view of his performance!

But goals aren't the main thing about Gyokeres's game really, they've been a happy and necessary bonus for us, but not the be-all and end-all of his game.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Thee were a couple of games where I thought he was superb but didn't score, and it seems I was very much in the minority of view of his performance!

But goals aren't the main thing about Gyokeres's game really, they've been a happy and necessary bonus for us, but not the be-all and end-all of his game.
Completely agree. The game up at the Riverside season before this, so 21/22 season he was phenomenal despite the fact he didn't score and I think we lost 1-0. Some of his most memorable performances have been games where he carries us almost single handedly but hadn't scored. I believe it was the game where Wilder started to really talk highly of him, he ran Dijksteel absolutely ragged.

gruffskyblue

Yes, I always had a slight chuckle at the line ‘scoring goals is what he does best’. It’s not, as it goes. He does a hell of a lot more! And misses some very good chances. But it’s his all round game we’ll miss if/when he goes.

Happy_Martian

Either of these two or Brentford.

Fulham have Mitrovic and seem to play with just one up front so Vik would have limited game time (I can't see Mitrovic being happy about being on the bench in place of Vik). Palace have a weird system and have some quality players. So why they haven't succeeded, I know not. But Zaha is rumoured to be leaving so that reduces their overall threat. They're still looking for a manager as well as I've not heard Hodgson has been kept on or replaced.

But Brentford would be the major player. They have a Vik-like player in Mbuemo but they've lost Toney for a lengthy time so they need a replacement for the start of the season. Long standing manager, challenging in the right direction and no red flags in their finances that I've heard about. And that club stability is what Vik would want, I'd assume. I can see them emulating Brighton next season, chasing European qualification.

Mucca Mad Boys

Fulham have Mitrovic and seem to play with just one up front so Vik would have limited game time (I can't see Mitrovic being happy about being on the bench in place of Vik). Palace have a weird system and have some quality players. So why they haven't succeeded, I know not. But Zaha is rumoured to be leaving so that reduces their overall threat. They're still looking for a manager as well as I've not heard Hodgson has been kept on or replaced.

But Brentford would be the major player. They have a Vik-like player in Mbuemo but they've lost Toney for a lengthy time so they need a replacement for the start of the season. Long standing manager, challenging in the right direction and no red flags in their finances that I've heard about. And that club stability is what Vik would want, I'd assume. I can see them emulating Brighton next season, chasing European qualification.

Fulham may end up losing Mitrovic which is why they’re still keeping tabs on Gyokeres.

Gyokeres could definitely make the grade at Brentford too, I think he’d compliment Toney well too.

Happy_Martian

....or West Ham. Bet the likes of Forest, Luton, Sheff Und and Burnley are keeping a weather eye.

West Ham ? Isn't Vik too similar in styles to Antonio ? Another potential bench sitting direction.

Of the others, I think he would do well at Sheff Utd. He's a hard headed, charge ahead striker and that's the style the Blades tend to play. Forest under Cooper don't have a clue about how to play with strikers (they bought Surridge from Bournemouth ??!!). And unless Morris or Adebayo leave, it's unlikely that Vik would be happy with 3rd choice. And Burnley..... 🤦‍♂️

Nuskyblue

West Ham ? Isn't Vik too similar in styles to Antonio ? Another potential bench sitting direction.

Of the others, I think he would do well at Sheff Utd. He's a hard headed, charge ahead striker and that's the style the Blades tend to play. Forest under Cooper don't have a clue about how to play with strikers (they bought Surridge from Bournemouth ??!!). And unless Morris or Adebayo leave, it's unlikely that Vik would be happy with 3rd choice. And Burnley..... 🤦‍♂️
Antonio has hamstrings made of semi melted cheese and is the wrong side of 30 also his goal threat has diminished greatly. Vic would be the perfect replacement IMO, they are so similar but Vic is durable and 24 or however old he is.

sneferu

Am wondering who taught Vic to roll defenders like he does. Something he has got alot better at over the last two seasons. Gonna be interesting to see who we bring in to replace him. If we get £30 million for Vic I'd like to see 2 - 3 strikers brought in for around £8 million total. Be good to get some raw talent and watch them develop. I like the counter attacking style we have and think we should buy with this game plan in mind. Leave the rest of the dollars to keep the club going and buy in the rest of the squad. It's an exciting time to be a ccfc fan.

SBAndy

Don’t know where to start with this. Antonio will be phased out, he’s not played that much this season to be honest and very regularly injured.

Forest have Awoniyi who hit form towards the end of the season and looks good. They signed Surridge from Stoke and I think he’s a good player.

And do you really think Luton wouldn’t pick Vik over Adebayo?

Deity

Don’t know where to start with this. Antonio will be phased out, he’s not played that much this season to be honest and very regularly injured.

Forest have Awoniyi who hit form towards the end of the season and looks good. They signed Surridge from Stoke and I think he’s a good player.

And do you really think Luton wouldn’t pick Vik over Adebayo?
Luton would choose Vic all day and all night

Torquay Sky Blue

Luton won't pay that sort of money. Too risky and probably rather go down with the current squad . With shit loads of cash for their trouble

usskyblue

6Iqz.gif

Users who are viewing this thread