Gyokeres (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Sounds like you’ve got some inside info? I’d love us to sign Billy McScruffy!

I won a competition to name him. They banned my initial entry ' Scruffy McScruffy' - they thought the name was a bit silly.

fatso

Have you been drinking?
Not at all, Wilson is made of glass and wouldn't last long in the championship,
Where as Vik is made of Granite and gives us a real focal point up front.

For the cock wombles who'd sooner have Wilson, just remember his highest ever goal tally in a season was 21, and that was in league 1

And last year he only managed 18 appearances, and not all of them were starts!!!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Not at all, Wilson is made of glass and wouldn't last long in the championship,
Where as Vik is made of Granite and gives us a real focal point up front.

For the cock wombles who'd sooner have Wilson, just remember his highest ever goal tally in a season was 21, and that was in league 1

And last year he only managed 18 appearances, and not all of them were starts!!!

Vik is brilliant and ours, so we love him - Wilson will be going to the World Cup with England
Callum O'Hare is brilliant and we all love him. He's no Maddison though.

We will always love/support the players who are with us at the time (maybe not Stuart Beavon) and we are very lucky at the moment to have a number of talented players. Sheaf was tremendous at times yesterday, and I actually believe if we can keep him, Palmer and one of Hamer/O'Hare and replace Vik with a quick forward, we'll be fine. Walker may not be the answer, but if he can stay fit, he (or a more confident replacement) ought to enjoy the quick through balls that our midfield players will provide.

fatso

Vik is brilliant and ours, so we love him - Wilson will be going to the World Cup with England
Callum O'Hare is brilliant and we all love him. He's no Maddison though.

We will always love/support the players who are with us at the time (maybe not Stuart Beavon) and we are very lucky at the moment to have a number of talented players. Sheaf was tremendous at times yesterday, and I actually believe if we can keep him, Palmer and one of Hamer/O'Hare and replace Vik with a quick forward, we'll be fine. Walker may not be the answer, but if he can stay fit, he (or a more confident replacement) ought to enjoy the quick through balls that our midfield players will provide.
I'd be very surprised if Southgate takes a punt on Wilson, he's as injury prone as Kelly is these days.
He's missed a third of Newcastles games already and the season isn't even half way through.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd be very surprised if Southgate takes a punt on Wilson, he's as injury prone as Kelly is these days.
He's missed a third of Newcastles games already and the season isn't even half way through.

Playing regularly at the moment, and after Kane, who else? Sterling,,,,,

fatso

Playing regularly at the moment, and after Kane, who else? Sterling,,,,,
After Kane, Sterling, (who's been poor at Chelsea) and Rashford we've got no bugger. The only reason Wison's name is mentioned is because we are short of Englsh born strikers (even though Harland was born in England)

We're really struggling and down to:-
Ivan Tony, Ollie Watkins, Tammy Abraham, and Danny Ings. (Tyler Walker 😉)

stupot07

English top scorers in PL

Kane 10 in 13, 116 mpg
Toney 8 in 13, 146 mpg
Maddison 6 in 12, 179 mpg (attacking midfielder)
Foden 6 in 13, 137 mpg (attacking midfielder)
Wilson 6 in 9, 123 mpg
Rashford 4 in 12, 238 mpg
Solanke 3 in 12, 328 mpg
Sterling 3 in 11, 289 mpg (attacking midfielder/winger)
Danny Ings 3 in 12, 630 mpg
Watkins 2 in 13, 548 mpg
Mount 2 in 12, 443 mpg (midfielder)
Calvert-Lewin 1 in 6, 340 mpg (PL)

Plus
Abraham 3 in 17, 407 mpg (Serie A & cups)

Wilsons got a great chance of going yo the world cup if he stays fit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brylowes

English top scorers in PL

Kane 10 in 13, 116 mpg
Toney 8 in 13, 146 mpg
Maddison 6 in 12, 179 mpg (attacking midfielder)
Foden 6 in 13, 137 mpg (attacking midfielder)
Wilson 6 in 9, 123 mpg
Rashford 4 in 12, 238 mpg
Solanke 3 in 12, 328 mpg
Sterling 3 in 11, 289 mpg (attacking midfielder/winger)
Danny Ings 3 in 12, 630 mpg
Watkins 2 in 13, 548 mpg
Mount 2 in 12, 443 mpg (midfielder)
Calvert-Lewin 1 in 6, 340 mpg (PL)

Plus
Abraham 3 in 17, 407 mpg (Serie A & cups)

Wilsons got a great chance of going yo the world cup if he stays fit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Maddison in 3rd place from midfield but I bet the boring twat doesn’t take him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Anyone who wants him in Jan will either be bottom of the table Prem looking to beat relegation or top end Champ wanting to cement promotion. Either one will have to pay a premium in this scenario.
Ordinarily yes, but remember SISU are our owners.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Gyokeres is a class player at this level, and we don't have anyone in the squad who could step into his shoes. Even recruiting a replacement would be very difficult.

But he's not perfect. His finishing can leave something to be desired at times, he's very one footed and also tends to not bring the rest of the team into the game - he just puts his head down and takes them on. You pretty much know he's going to shoot even if someone else is better placed.

I do wonder if having Palmer and O'Hare playing together may be useful for the likes of Godden or Walker, who they could create chances for in the box.

I'm still hoping to see the Sheaf-Hamer-Palmer-O'Hare-Gyokeres combination (though usually when I'm looking forward to seeing a particular set-up it ends up being a bit of a shit day)

Briles

Would be interesting to pitch this team vs the Armstrong Murphy Fleck Kent season

TomRad85

Would be interesting to pitch this team vs the Armstrong Murphy Fleck Kent season
Those are some decent individuals but that team failed to get out of league 1, its a no contest.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Vik could also play inside forward in a front 3 left or right tbh , will be very surprised if he's here in February let alone next season

Frostie

If we did it makes the Hyam sale even more mental.

Realistically though, who would be bidding £20m+ last summer?
No way was a Prem club going to chance mega money without him proving himself further & Championship clubs don't spend those kind of fees anymore.

Sky Blue Harry H

Think MR would have wanted the £20m even if he was only allowed to reinvest half of it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not before our league status is secured please. Keep him until the summer and there will be a bidding war where he can take his pick.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not before our league status is secured please. Keep him until the summer and there will be a bidding war where he can take his pick.

Carry on like we are and we'll be safe by the January transfer window. Big Mike buys the club and spends his way to the promised land. You know how accurate my predictions are ;)

EalingSB

What a pleasure to read such a positive thread! I was going to post the tweet that @Frostie posted above - great to see opposition fans talking about our players like this.

I went to the Boro game with a mate who is a Boro fan but was also an Olympian in 2000. He was full of praise for Gyökeres, saying what an athlete he is combining strength and speed and rating him at £20-30m.

Vik misses a few but there’s also the potential factor that would be part of his fee - he has so much room to grow.

What the last few weeks have shown is that we have a team to push for promotion - our form over ten games isn’t a fluke. From the desperate situation we were in in September, we could be looking at security and a promotion push - it almost certainly won’t work out that way but at least we are looking up and not down.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Realistically though, who would be bidding £20m+ last summer?
No way was a Prem club going to chance mega money without him proving himself further & Championship clubs don't spend those kind of fees anymore.

Oh no it’s clearly bollocks

PVA

I wonder how much of any fee Robins would have to re invest.

Our 4 best players (Vik, O'Hare, Hamer and Sheaf) cost a combined £3m ish. So I'm sure we could do some serious damage with £5 or 6m to spend.

Evo1883

I wonder how much of any fee Robins would have to re invest.

Our 4 best players (Vik, O'Hare, Hamer and Sheaf) cost a combined £3m ish. So I'm sure we could do some serious damage with £5 or 6m to spend.
If sisu are going to be looking to get out , then I doubt we'd get anything

Mcbean

We would be barmy to sell any of them at the moment if we want to get to the promised land ! new money must come from the (new) owner rather than a reinvestment plan

Kieranp96

Shows what a player he is, I wonder what broja from Chelsea would play like down this league similar players.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Some really crazy people on here, why worry about whether it’s 5, 10, 15 or 20 million. The club will still get the same sum to spend on players from the proceeds

Users who are viewing this thread