Gyokeres to Everton- Two in exchange? (5 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don’t think the recruitment team was getting on with robins was what I was told. After some of the fuck ups I don’t blame robins for wanting better standards with his recruitment staff.

That can't be right.

The experts on here are certain the scouts have been doing a great job.

skyblue025

The rule was changed in 2020 and it’s 3 clubs now.
Not strictly true. A player can only play for 3 clubs in a season if the club's seasons overlap ie a winter season in England and a summer season in the US. To be honest it's clear as mud.

lord_garrincha

From what you hear. The place is a complete mess and they fear, if they do go down, that they would not bounce back (personally, I think they would somehow).

A move there could set Vik back massively, and we would probably get two players not up to it.

CV22SBA

Not strictly true. A player can only play for 3 clubs in a season if the club's seasons overlap ie a winter season in England and a summer season in the US. To be honest it's clear as mud.
Is being named in the squad without going on the pitch classed as playing for another team? I think Simms has been sub twice but never came on.

stupot07

Is being named in the squad without going on the pitch classed as playing for another team? I think Simms has been sub twice but never came on.
He came on in the 83rd minute for Calvert-Lewin in the 4-1 defeat to Brighton on Tuesday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
7e56aa2d46d30d0c3019aa412daf6ec3.jpg

CCFC54321

If the scouting team that we’ve had since the L2 days have been shit, how do you explain us being 14th
If the scouting team that we’ve had since the L2 days have been shit, how do you explain us being 14th in the Championship?
I said what I’ve been told.

And you know what… I think some of the scouting of some players has been an utter disgrace for a football club this size. I’m not the only one that thinks that. I personally think vivesh knows how to pick a quality player up better than the previous recruitment team did.

Last edited:

ms639

It’s time for us to accept a bid and start building a proper championship squad. If the last few weeks have told us anything it’s that we are FAR too reliant on one or two players for us to be competitive in this league.

Take the 18-20 mill, get 10-12 mill of that to robins to invest in the squad asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

From what you hear. The place is a complete mess and they fear, if they do go down, that they would not bounce back (personally, I think they would somehow).

A move there could set Vik back massively, and we would probably get two players not up to it.
As long as they have an owner willing to cover the bills they'll always be ok.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s time for us to accept a bid and start building a proper championship squad. If the last few weeks have told us anything it’s that we are FAR too reliant on one or two players for us to be competitive in this league.

Take the 18-20 mill, get 10-12 mill of that to robins to invest in the squad asap

Good luck trying to replace a player like Gyo in January when everyone knows you've just had a large bid come in

Sick Boy

I’d imagine a sizeable chunk would need to be paid to Brighton as well.

ms639

Good luck trying to replace a player like Gyo in January when everyone knows you've just had a large bid come in

We aren’t going to replace like for like in January but we aren’t good enough to go up this year and I don’t think we’re bad enough to go down, with or without gyok.

If we wait until the end of the season, more time run down on his contract, likely unable to command the same fee, god forbid he picks up a serious injury like COH. We need to cash our chips and get the maximum value from his transfer.

Brighton Sky Blue

We aren’t going to replace like for like in January but we aren’t good enough to go up this year and I don’t think we’re bad enough to go down, with or without gyok.

If we wait until the end of the season, more time run down on his contract, likely unable to command the same fee, god forbid he picks up a serious injury like COH. We need to cash our chips and get the maximum value from his transfer.

If we lost Gyo and didn't replace him I fail to see how we win any games.

Brighton Sky Blue

We’d bring in a loan and probably do permanent transfer business in the summer

So we'd have a loan and Waghorn, hoping for Godden to stay fit. Just looks like a really bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread