Gyokeres Deal Details (10 Viewers)

MalcSB

Who 3 months later is being valued at 60-70 million. Does that not just slightly frustrate you and make you wonder what might have been?

What is going on in people's lives that makes them so timid, accepting and passive.
To be fair, his goals this season seem to show an improvement in, and a higher quality of, finishing, something he was regularly criticised for on this site.

skybluecam

Who 3 months later is being valued at 60-70 million. Does that not just slightly frustrate you and make you wonder what might have been?

What is going on in people's lives that makes them so timid, accepting and passive.
IF we'd been promoted and IF he'd kept scoring at a similar rate in the Prem he might have been worth that much.

But neither of those things came true, so it was a good deal for us.

If a lottery ticket's a winner it might be worth a million quid, doesn't mean I can flog mine for that much before the draw!

fernandopartridge

His value was impaired by the fact he had 12 months left on his contract

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

That's a strange comment. He wasn't worth £60m and wouldn't have been had we been promoted. It might have gone up had he had a great season in the Premier League but he may not have stayed even if we had gone up. No-ne would pay £60m for a player unproven in a top league. I would be surprised if he got to £60m even if he has a great season for Sporting. We got a very good deal for him I think and to get a bit more if he does well would be excellent too
Likewise, had we got promoted, we would have been favourites for relegation so we’d be in a position where we’d be unlikely to command a large fee.

In preseason I was banging the drum about how Gyo wouldn’t go to Lisbon over Prem teams. Actually, going to Lisbon makes a lot of sense as he can showcase himself a lot better than at the likes of Crystal Palace, West Ham, Brentford and so on.

We got a really good deal for Gyokeres in the circumstances. It’s possible Gyokeres may have wanted to leave had we got promoted in any case.

The Philosopher

I think he was always off. Even promoted we couldn’t offer him European football.
He was asked at a recorded fans forum:

“Are you staying”

“If we are in the Premier league” was his reply.

He strikes me as the kind of bloke to give a straight answer and stick to it. He probably missed out the “as long as you pay me bundles” bit but yes, I think he would have if the money was right.

Mucca Mad Boys

He was asked at a recorded fans forum:

“Are you staying”

“If we are in the Premier league” was his reply.

He strikes me as the kind of bloke to give a straight answer and stick to it. He probably missed out the “as long as you pay me bundles” bit but yes, I think he would have if the money was right.

Staying and signing a new contract are two different things. He certainly wouldn’t have forced a move like he did in the end, but equally, wasn’t guaranteed to sign new terms.

Skybluedownunder

6b46cabe0c4ee6fc965660c70be000aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It would have gone round to sudden death again even if he scored

With an increased chance that as time went on someone from their side would miss or Wilson would make a save.

'Even if he had scored' is the optimum part here. He was never going to. We still had a great chance to get to the Premier League before he stepped up, and most people's reaction around me when he went forward knew what was probably about to happen.

It's a massive shame and I'm sure it must be hard for him, but it was inevitable from where I was sitting and there's too much denial about it still happening.

TomRad85

With an increased chance that as time went on someone from their side would miss or Wilson would make a save.

'Even if he had scored' is the optimum part here. He was never going to. We still had a great chance to get to the Premier League before he stepped up, and most people's reaction around me when he went forward knew what was probably about to happen.

It's a massive shame and I'm sure it must be hard for him, but it was inevitable from where I was sitting and there's too much denial about it still happening.
I just sat down in resignation when he walked up. Still remember the faces on everyone around me now. A collective 'wtf' moment.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

6b46cabe0c4ee6fc965660c70be000aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get Chelsea involved and it’ll go up to £185m

Brighton Sky Blue

What cost us was not winning the game in normal time. Dabo was a good servant to the club, pinning this on one moment, by one player, isn't quite right, imho.

As for VK, we got a bloody good deal; if he's worth even more now, fair enough - we'll still do ok out of it...
The injury to Gus is what dunnit in several respects

wingy

The injury to Gus is what dunnit in several respects
Well that and first half before we got to grips with them, you'd have to say they had the plan right hit us hard but unlike the previous visits didn't carry any benefit.
Obviously the team weren't accostumed to it but the management were, I expected better.I wouldn't get too sentimental if this form doesn't improve .

Greggs

Told you we sold him too cheap! How much did Shef United pay for Brewster, Mcburnie etc?

TomRad85

Told you we sold him too cheap! How much did Shef United pay for Brewster, Mcburnie etc?
If we end up getting another 10 then we've done ok. The amount Sheffield Utd paid for those 2 shit houses is criminal tbf.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

The quality of our penalty takers reduced dramatically after Vik/Godden and people around me were amazed we scored the first 5.

I've no idea whether Luton had established penalty takers, but it felt inevitable we'd miss first bearing in mind who we had left on the pitch, that we went second and we were in front of the Luton fans.

Reactions: SBT

SlowerThanPlatt

I don’t particularly care for Dabo either way, just pointing out it wasn’t score and up we go as it has been rewritten by some.

The Philosopher

No one here is infallible and there are times when I do question Robins’ logic (it is allowed you know). It’s ok to question for example, why Ayari started last game; there may be a good reason but as fans the majority don’t see it. I think everyone on here, no matter what they say about the Dabo subject, has questioned why MR made a certain decision at some point. It happens. Even MR admits wrong decisions, see Wrexham for details.

It will always be a mystery as to why Bidwell (set piece dead ball taker) and skipper Fadz or even Ben Wilson weren’t encouraged / pre-determined to go up ahead of Dabo. Yes, they too could have missed or whatever but Dabo would not have been in many people’s list of who should go next.

Anyway. It’s done now and that’s that but it’ll always be a rare mad decision in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread