Gyokeres Deal Details (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

Winny the Bish

long way home

I could see Vik at Spurs, Liverpool or even Utd. Those 3 are all in need of a finisher, as Nunez, Richardson and Hojlund cant hit a cows arse with a banjo...its who can afford him because come the end of the season the list of admirers will grow as will his value.

SlowerThanPlatt

I could see Vik at Spurs, Liverpool or even Utd. Those 3 are all in need of a finisher, as Nunez, Richardson and Hojlund cant hit a cows arse with a banjo...its who can afford him because come the end of the season the list of admirers will grow as will his value.
Nunez was brilliant in the Portuguese league with Benfica tbf (scored 6 in the CL too), not sure where Gyokeres stands in comparison, that’s what the scouts are paid for, costly if you get it wrong!

long way home

I definitely think the premiership is the hardest league in the world to play in. Which inevitably means to find players to do the hardest thing in the game is tough and costly.

The best strikers i have seen on film or live have natural awareness of position of goal, gk and themselves, anticipation of where the ball is going to be and a calmness to do all very quickly while under pressure Utd, Liverpool and Spurs have 3 strikers, to me are not natural and Vik is the same in my opinion. These are all manufactured off physical attributes, they all are quick, big and use there body well, so Vik would be a expensive gamble but someone will pay.

But natural scorers like Greaves, Van Basten, Rush, Keane, Fowler, Cole, Wright, Kane etc.. just had it all and nothing was forced, you knew watching them more and likely outcome once they had a chance was the net bulging. While making it look like they were on a stroll in the park.

MalcSB

What do you mean?

If no one bids release clause they have to accept less or let him leave for free at end of contract
The end of his contract is ages away, I thought we were contemplating a sale sooner rather than later, given the apparent interest, and what that could mean for additional funds.

covcity4life

The end of his contract is ages away, I thought we were contemplating a sale sooner rather than later, given the apparent interest, and what that could mean for additional funds.
Yeah we are. So if no one bids 100m and sporting still open to sale they would have to accept 60-80 for example perhaps . That's all I'm saying

MalcSB

Yeah we are. So if no one bids 100m and sporting still open to sale they would have to accept 60-80 for example perhaps . That's all I'm saying
We don’t know that they are open to sale, there is no indication that they are. However, if someone wants Vik now or in the near future, if they offer €100m Sporting will have to sell IF Vik wants to go. The chatter is about clubs wanting to buy, not Sporting wanting to sell.

covcity4life

We don’t know that they are open to sale, there is no indication that they are. However, if someone wants Vik now or in the near future, if they offer €100m Sporting will have to sell IF Vik wants to go. The chatter is about clubs wanting to buy, not Sporting wanting to sell.
Omg I'm just saying if real Madrid bid 75m for example they may still accept.

MalcSB

No pressure on Sporting to sell, I can't see him going anywhere until the summer at the very earliest
That’s what I have been trying to suggest to covcity4life. They have no need to sell - unless (a) someone offers at least the release fee of €100m and (b) Gyokeres is happy with the personal terms offered and the destination. (a) + (b) happens, move happens.

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s what I have been trying to suggest to covcity4life. They have no need to sell - unless (a) someone offers at least the release fee of €100m and (b) Gyokeres is happy with the personal terms offered and the destination. (a) + (b) happens, move happens.
Makes sense for both that he stays until the summer to rack up as many goals as possible and drive up the price in the process. Doubt he’ll be there next season though, too many big clubs in need of a player like him.

junglej13

There seem to be legitimate stories coming from the Record in Portugal that Chelsea have bid €85 for Gyokeres and Sporting have turned it down! 1000025150.png

Last edited:

shmmeee

Would be great if he went soon. After experiencing Sporting’s negotiating over the summer not likely though.

Another £10m in the summer would be spot on though.

itsabuzzard

You might have been dealing with covcityforlife's cousin; he's a much more awkward character.

ccfc922

The brain dead comments on twitter from bots/stat peddlers is the only reason I'm glad we didn't go up.

They actually think because someone plays in the championship, then a player can't be a decent/top player in the Prem.

I just find it hilarious that rather than take a relatively small punt of £20m, they're now potentially going to have to risk £80m+ to see if he can cut it 🤣🤣 just shows the entitlement from these clubs due to having unlimited money to spend.

shmmeee

The brain dead comments on twitter from bots/stat peddlers is the only reason I'm glad we didn't go up.

They actually think because someone plays in the championship, then a player can't be a decent/top player in the Prem.

I just find it hilarious that rather than take a relatively small punt of £20m, they're now potentially going to have to risk £80m+ to see if he can cut it 🤣🤣 just shows the entitlement from these clubs due to having unlimited money to spend.

I imagine they’d have turned their nose up at Bellingham as well then.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

….did we get an additional £5m for goals scored?

wasn’t that part of the deal, and if so it’s worth max-ing out the additional payments first is it not? if he goes now yeah we’ll get a sizeable (around £6- 8M) sell on payment but while he’s still banging goals in and there’s a possibility of other bits let’s hope he stays where he is……

Users who are viewing this thread