Gym Equipment (1 Viewer)

Marty

Right. I'm after some stuff, don't know what really. Want to strengthen up lower back, shoulders, arms & wrists. Got about £100 to spend but can go more. I want to go for strength and not bulk too.

Already got a gym membership, but focus purely on cardio, the bellends in the weights room have put me off going back in that section. :D

CovKingChris

Facebook User
I'd look on websites like gumtree and freeads, providing you can go and collect.

Although the stuff on there is second hand, you can go and look at it and if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

I managed to pick up my bike from gumtree for £30, and had the opportunity to buy a bench press for £30 also.

Nick

Administrator
Have you tried Stronglifts? It is just 5 x 5 of a few different things but when I did it religiously it worked a treat.

That was just free weights with either dumbells or a full bar.

eBay might be the best bet to get used equipment but means picking them up.

Marty

I'm at Pure Gym, got sucked into their £10 per month for the first year deal, tbf, it's a great gym apart from the twats in the weights room.

What sort of equipment would I need? I do cardio and resistance work but not seeing much gain from the resistance, so think I may be better off going for free weights?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Could try amazon marty they are reasonably priced and do have second hand stuff also. Just bought a cross trainer/bike from there and pretty pleased with it and the time it took to get here ( can sometimes get free delivery, i did)

Marty

Cheers OSB, I tried Amazon and was tempted by a couple of dumbells, but thought maybe someone would be able to recommend something really good.

Reynolds_121

Alright pal, I can help you here I'm a personal trainer.

Dumbbells, Barbell and about 100kg's worth of weights, if you want to buy it first hand it will be a lot dearer than £100 but have a fish around on GumTree or Ebay etc.

dutchman

I bought some 50lb potato bags. I practiced with them every morning, raising them a bit higher every day until I felt really confident. I next plan to perform the same exercise but with some potatoes in each bag.

stupot07

Best thing for your lower back are tucked leg raises, abdominal twists and planks. Well that's what my gym instructor told me and put on my plan!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Me and 'er indoors had all sorts of stuff but never used it much, e.g. treadmill, weights, exercise bike. We sold it really cheap through the telegraph. Might be worth browsing through there?

Users who are viewing this thread