Gykoraes to be in Sweden squad (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Surely he has to be in the squad for the upcoming games

No he's shit, Sweden don't want him got to be mad even thinking of taking him.

Shushhhhhhhhhhhhhh we need him for Blackburn game.... PUSB

Sky_Blue_Daz

Another couple of million on the price tag

Evo1883

To be honest , if vik can keep it up , score 15 plus goals .. I think he'd be considered for a call up maybe even for a friendly .

He has a big future , I know he only plays for little old coventry city now .. but he won't be forever if he carries on

Only just 23 years old too

Londonccfcfan

To be honest , if vik can keep it up , score 15 plus goals .. I think he'd be considered for a call up maybe even for a friendly .

He has a big future , I know he only plays for little old coventry city now .. but he won't be forever if he carries on

You would think he can get in the squad of 6/7 strikers.

Also this sound nuts but id be dissapointed if he only scored 15 , meaning only anther 8 in 35matches. When in reality 15 goals plus in championship is considered excellent.

Esoterica

Sweden seem to have a lot of wingers and back up strikers playing in the Middle East. You'd think an extended period of form in the Championship would mean he gets some serious consideration by the November European qualifiers

Brighton Sky Blue

Sweden seem to have a lot of wingers and back up strikers playing in the Middle East. You'd think an extended period of form in the Championship would mean he gets some serious consideration by the November European qualifiers

Probably not unless he bags 20+ this season, given the pretty low profile of the club he's at

rob9872

Is there a possible additional cost to us with his age if he gets international caps? If so careful what you wish for as it could accelerate his sale too.

Sky Blue Pete

Is he not 21

Great_Expectations

He deserves it, but as others have said it’s a double edged sword as we don’t want him on clubs radar.

We might not be a “big” club, but we are a team performing well in one of the most popular and difficult leagues in the world, so that shouldn’t count against him. We’re worlds away from the CCFC of a few years ago.

Skybluecov1

For him to be considered he needs to be playing premier league or top division football with the quality of there strikers. 100% he will be in the squad in 3/4 years time with the rate of his development. Hopefully can carry on that journey with us, but if he can grab a move next year to a team that has just got promoted or lower division Spanish team, unfortunately he will go.

Brighton Sky Blue

He deserves it, but as others have said it’s a double edged sword as we don’t want him on clubs radar.

We might not be a “big” club, but we are a team performing well in one of the most popular and difficult leagues in the world, so that shouldn’t count against him. We’re worlds away from the CCFC of a few years ago.

I agree, but when you’re at a smaller club you have to do much more to be considered. As it always has been really

TTG

Who is this gykoraes character and what have they done with gyokeres

hitmanhearns

I´m swedish and yes, he has been talked up quite a bit in the media the last month.

Most pundits see him as up and coming but that it needs to be a sustained goalstreak for the coach to even consider him. The attackers are Swedens strongest part of the squad so it won´t be easy but he is young and has played in a couple of friendlies in 2019. They are keeping their eyes on him to quote the Sweden manager.

Personally I dont want him to be picked, he has too many good things about him, young, good size, scores and is quite technical for a big lad, If he gets to play internationally he´ll be off very quickly. Fortunatley I don´t think he will, World Cup starts in 12 months and he wasn´t picked for this break no way will he get in by then. The national team here is like the freemasons... difficult to get in but once you´re in you stay for life.

Lots of talk about the Sky Blues here though...Classic club on the rise and all that. Cov has got a pretty decent fanbase in Scandinavia especially Sweden and Norway.
Cokehead Hedman´s rant on live swedish TV in the 90´s how Cov could match the Swedish national team is legendary.
According to his book he played high at Highfield road for City. Go figure.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Huge upgrade for Sweden. Ibrahimovic to Gyökeres.

Users who are viewing this thread