Guy on twitter claims to have a reply from league confirming Otium have been rejected (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

@chad_roberts1: @TheSkyBlueTrust I have a reply off the FL saying as it stands Otium have failed the fit for purpose procedure. Will upload later

Noggin

seems unlikely, and why the upload later, if he has it take a picture with your phone and its up in a few seconds, saying ill do it later suggests it isn't true.

Noggin

ok it's the guy with an 8000 person petition that gives it alot more validity, Would be thrilled to be wrong with my previous post.

RoboCCFC90

I think the likelyhood is that Otium won't be handed the GS by the Football League it's been on the cards since they were announced as preferred bidders..

jon92

I think the football league would make it official before they told just one person and normally les reid would break the news

Noggin

Yep I'll believe it when I see it

he has taken pictures with his phone and uploaded them to twitter in the past so he obviously knows how to do it. Must admit im conflicted on weather this can be true, assuming it isn't though is the best way not to be disappointed.

covmark

he has taken pictures with his phone and uploaded them to twitter in the past so he obviously knows how to do it. Must admit im conflicted on weather this can be true, assuming it isn't though is the best way not to be disappointed.
I agree, the other day we had the rumour of acl and sisu had done a deal on the ricoh, on facebook, the good thing about this is, this guy seems more credible. Fingers crossed

Delboycov

I have to say Chad's been straight up to now and to get over 8100 people to sign a petition through his own efforts when the CT have taken an age to get 13,000 is to be applauded. I'm probably wrong as usual but I believe it! Could be a good news day...

Nonleagueherewecome

Feels like it's too good to be true, but I'm praying that it isn't.

Just waiting for somebody to post saying that this is bad news for the club...:whistle:

ajsccfc

If this is true, I hope this would satisfy the need people have for the Football League to have both vertebrae and testicles. They're what's important.

Delboycov

Also as it's on the day Guilfoyle comes out and says he'd be majorly surprised if they get the share there could really be something to this...hopefully!

covcity4life

lets hope its true

IF this did happen and haskell came in and got the club would we have a points deduction if we come out of admi wtihout sisus cooperation?

RoboCCFC90

Feels like it's too good to be true, but I'm praying that it isn't.

Just waiting for somebody to post saying that this is bad news for the club...:whistle:

Well it is in the sense that with Otium the process of Admin would have been over relatively quickly had they submitted their accounts and what not, but on theplus side we might get an owner in if this holds up that cares for the club, willing to invest and will reuinte the club with the Ricoh :)

RoboCCFC90

If this is true, I hope this would satisfy the need people have for the Football League to have both vertebrae and testicles. They're what's important.

10 Stone Testies by any chance?

wingy

Is the FL a solely Male set up ,If not I'll throw in a set or two of Child bearing Hips.

Last edited:

Houdi

The ground or lack of it,was always likely to be SISU achilles heel.With the Birmingham manager coming out today stating that there has been no talk of groundshare with his club,their options seem pretty limited.The big problem for SISU is that seemingly fail several criteria ,not just one that the league require,even if the league were mindful to wish to accept Otium,you would think they would fear a huge backlash from other league clubs,if rules were being clearly flouted.I'm sure the football league don't particularly care too much about the feelings of Coventry supporters,however if they were to allow certain rules to be clearly breached,how could they ever impose those same rules on other clubs in the future.

Evo1883

im off to the garden to lay down a towel and bow and pray for an hour :wave:

duffer

No doubt we've had plenty of well-meaning dreamers, and shameless self-publicists, but looking through this chap's timeline on twitter he seems straight enough.

Perhaps the FL have gone back to him first on the basis that he organised the petition?

This would be good news, imho, and would presumably mean someone like PH4 might step back into the breach as the next best bidder...

Noggin

he did send a physical copy of the first 5000 signatures to the football league, all 177 pages of it, so I guess it is reasonable they would write to him. This is such a massive thing though I can't understand why if true he wouldn't have at least a photograph of the letter up right away.

SkyBlueHomer

Whilst this would be good news, if it is true where would this leave us regarding the new season, don't forget 6 weeks to go.

We would have no owners, no ground to play in, FL hanging onto the golden share, unable to sign players, unable to satisfy FFP rules.
Would the administrator be able to put a deal together with ACL to play for the season & keep us in Coventry for this season minimum & the bidding process have to start over again & keep FL happy so we can at least start the season.

Users who are viewing this thread