Gutted, Worried, Angry...!! (1 Viewer)

In my 17 years of following our fantastic club, i have never felt this low. Even relegation never felt this bad!!

GH's bid was the lifeline that the majority of us were clinging to, and it's just been pulled away. I'm anything but a pessimist, but SISU's position is untenable. We as fans need to mobilise and drive this cancer from our club. They reckon they're gonna finance us til the end of the season? Who cares. I'd take admin right now, wipe, the slate clean. I know there's the widespread feeling that we'd 'do a Bradford', but i'd hope that we're a 'big' enough club to secure a decent investor provided our shocking debts were cleared.... Clutching at straws perhaps! Hope the boys give us something to smile about tonight, though without help from those SISU parasites there's very little AT and the lads can do. PUSB.

Ccfc1979

I agree wholeheartedly mate. Feel exactly the same. I am a donothing but will now definitely dosomething to get their blood sucking plague out.

TommyAtkins

To be replaced by/with whom?

Otis identified this correctly on another thread.

We might want SISU out but they remain the only lifeline available.

Definitely 1979, full respect to the few who gave it both barrels before and after the game last week! As i'm a programme seller I can't join in any pre-match protests (really wanted to be based at the statue last week to at least throw in my 2 cents, but alas i was put at the subway). Made sure i made up for it in the ground though!!

TommyAtkins

If we went into admin. Someone would buy us, even maybe the hoff with new investors.

You only have to look at a small club like Pompey to see that we will never go under

Rushden & Diamonds went under and they are bigger than Pompey.

Truth is: one day a club will go under. Do we really want to take that risk?

lordsummerisle

If we went into admin. Someone would buy us, even maybe the hoff with new investors.

You only have to look at a small club like Pompey to see that we will never go under

Would make sense for them to take us over after admin, with debts cleared, and able to put money directly into the club.

Thought the same before though.

procdoc

what if no mone bought us? We won't go into admin yet anyway, they'll just let us drift down the leagues until we're playing Bedworth and Sphinx!

Bennets Afro

I wasn't being ironic about Pompey being a small club? You actually think they are a big club then.

Why do you constantly have to be ironic when the written word has no context and your irony is missed by the majority because you sound serious

TommyAtkins

"your irony is missed by the majority because you sound serious"

Isn't that a key factor of being ironic? ;)

Incidentally, why do you regard Pompey as a small club? Smaller than us? Or smaller than Rushden&Diamonds?

Bennets Afro

So when you sound serious and someone replies to your thread, we are all retards because we don't see your irony

Pompey are a small club and you were the one who thinks rushden are bigger

you're an idiot

"your irony is missed by the majority because you sound serious"

Isn't that a key factor of being ironic? ;)

Incidentally, why do you regard Pompey as a small club? Smaller than us? Or smaller than Rushden&Diamonds?

You're hilarious! When your stupidity is glaringly obvious you resort to the irony card!!!! You are special :facepalm:

TommyAtkins

So when you sound serious and someone replies to your thread, we are all retards because we don't see your irony

Pompey are a small club and you were the one who thinks rushden are bigger

Why do you think Pompey are a small club? Smaller than Coventry City, for example?

Bennets Afro

Do you not think they are a small club? Obviously not.
We are a small club. Our achievements is 34 years in the top flight and 1 FA cup. More than some teams I know. One day we were maybe classed as a big club due to our prestige, but we are no longer

Bennets Afro

I agree. It was a massive achievement.

If you look at honours then Pompey have won more than us, but I would still class them as small. They are not man u or in the same class as all the top teams

I suppose it all depends on how you judge the size of a club. Do you go for honours? Fan base? Time in top flight? History.

I think it is being constantly at the top and being successful over a period of time and being well supported shows a sign of success

Astute

Pompey are not a small club. We are not a small club. Niether clubs are big clubs though. If we are a small club then what does it make the clubs that have been in the league for a very long time but have never seen top flight football? They are the small clubs. The ones that a crowd of 7,000 is a big crowd. As in the teams we have not played in the league for many years. Just because we are not a big club and have never been. Other than the predicament we find ourselves in now it would not be a shock to other teams in the Prem to find us with them again. This is for the small teams like Exeter or Rotherham (first two small teams that come to mind)

The good times will come back. Could be 3 years, could be another 10. We were run well when we went up before. We will have a good chance when we are well run again. But until then all we can do is hope for the best.

Well said Astute!! The key is being well run, which is plainly not happening at present. The depressing thing is that it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better! I just hope that the fans continue to stick with AT and the lads, they're having to fight a fire with petrol at the minute, and until Thorny gets even minimal financial support from
someone then his hands are tied.

im-confused

Rushden & Diamonds went under and they are bigger than Pompey.

Truth is: one day a club will go under. Do we really want to take that risk?

Rushden and Diamonds used to play in the town I live in - Irthlingborough. The same team David Bell and Simeon Jackson started their careers. They now rent out their ground to local rivals Kettering. (Not surprising after seeing their ground in a pre-season friendly)
So if this was to happen to us, who would get our ground?

Users who are viewing this thread