gutless spineless toothles rubbish (1 Viewer)

rob9872

That is all

Sky Blue Sheepy

I thought Christie did well again... Deegan was good enough. The back pass to long ball tactic at 2-0 down is infuriating, however.

sylus

yep! i couldn't put it better myself. gutless.the team is shite.and yes it is sisu's fault,they run the club.

ccfctommy

This is what a Barnsley fan posted on a different board I use...

Good grief, that was comfortable.

If I was a Cov fan I'd be extremely worried - they offered next to nothing, forcing 1 save out of Steele just after they went 2-0 down - though it was a truly world class save.

The game was slow in the first half - probably due to the heat, but once we got infront there was only ever one winner. O'Brien burst into the box, the defender did what every defender does when someone is running behind them and fell on his arse - expecting a freekick, and then handled the ball. Luckily for us the linesman had the guts to confirm O'Brien didn't push him, and flagged for the penalty. Despite Joe Murphy's quite pathetic mind games (kicking the ball off of the spot twice), Gray sent him the wrong way. Vaz Te should have probably put us infront before that.

We scored a great 2nd goal early in the 2nd half. Doyle's 60 yard pass was superbly brought down by O'Brien who produced a perfect low cross for Gray to convert. Steele made a quite superb save from a header straight after (think it might have been McSheffrey that got the touch) and after that Cov had practically given up and we cruised home.

Andy Gray, Jim O'Brien, the outstanding Danny Drinkwater and Steve Foster all certainly deserve big praise but I want to throw some limelight on Luke Steele. Its not that long since he was a bit of a calamity - an accident waiting to happen. He's now right up there with the best in this league and he would thoroughly warrant an England call-up at the moment - he's been faultless this season, really pleased for him.

7 games unbeaten, vital to get the win today and we did. So far, so good.

operationprem

Good match report got it spot on, we just got comfortably between by Barnsley we keep drawing at home an that unfortunately is relegation form...cudnt see from were I was sitting was it a pen? Either way we deserved nothing very depressing following city at the moment I really do fear the worst

barnsleyskyblue

shite, i've watched and loved the sky blues since 1974,(aged 7) but this is the worst team i've seen,i told everybody in the bogs at oakwell to smell the coffee, we're goin down,im 44 and if mcsheffery reads this i challenge him to a game of wembley with oggy in goal, i'd kick his sorry arse, i pray they prove me wrong.

Made worse by my good self being in a bar in spain surrounded by screaming leicester fans, great! Not my choice of background music boooo

Frostie

This is what a Barnsley fan posted on a different board I use...

I want to throw some limelight on Luke Steele. Its not that long since he was a bit of a calamity - an accident waiting to happen. He's now right up there with the best in this league and he would thoroughly warrant an England call-up at the moment - he's been faultless this season, really pleased for him.

:eek::eek::eek:
Funniest thing I have read in ages!

@richh87

We are in big trouble. We no longer have injuries as an excuse. Our squad is not good enough and that is purely SISUs fault. We need to keep backing Andy Thorn and every single City player; it's our only hope.

The protests need to start up again; it seems confiscating the banners has completely put a stop to it! :blue:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
......and didn't Barnsley take Steele on loan from West Brom after we had loaned him from them beforehand? And now he's signed for Barnsley full time? I know it was a wee while ago, but it still sticks in the bleedin' throat a bit! Wan :censored: er! :mad:

Skyblueloyal

I have just got back after a bit of tea with a mate who a big Rotherham fan and he said that todays Coventry side is the worst side he's seen in 20 years which ammounts to about 40 games for him, and I got to say I can defend them, I was looking forward to todays game but the drive home was the most depressed I've been for ages. I have decided no more away games for me too much expectation always blown up but crap tactics if there were any today and players who really don't give a shit.

covladzak

This isn't the first season it's been like this.. Maybe short term or long term memory is some of you lots strong point... My team do or die!!! Get behind em or get to Festurds site with Hackney and the rest of the douche bags...:mad::mad::mad:.....:slap::slap:

rob9872

Or prhaps we could just say it s we se it without you telling us what we shokld and shouldn't do

skybluehugh

This isn't the first season it's been like this.. Maybe short term or long term memory is some of you lots strong point... My team do or die!!! Get behind em or get to Festurds site with Hackney and the rest of the douche bags...:mad::mad::mad:.....:slap::slap:

Your dead right , the last season it was this bad we were religated from the Prem. And I couldn't give a toss if they are in the blue square league they will always be my team:claping hands::claping hands:

Macca

haven't seen anyone say that city are no longer their team or they want to support anyone else

Lord_Nampil

I think yesterday Thorn got everything wrong! Yesterday should have been about building on a very good result against Blackpool!! Yet Thorn thinks Hussey should start along with ROD!

Also if you spend x amount on a striker then he has to play! If he doesn't then questions have to be asked why you brought him.... He's not going to get fit on the bench!!!

Playing on the ground is good if you create space and move the ball quickly! Something we do not do!!

I don't think Thorn is the right man for this situation! 1 win in 15 games probably proves that!!

Last edited:

@richh87

I think yesterday Thorn got everything wrong! Yesterday should have been about building on a very good result against Blackpool!! Yet Thorn thinks Hussey should start along with ROD!

Also if you spend x amount on a striker then he has to play! If he doesn't then questions have to be asked why you brought him.... He's not going to get fit on the bench!!!

Playing on the ground is good if you create space and move the ball quickly! Something we do not do!!

I don't think Thorn is the right man for this situation! 1 win in 15 games probably proves that!!

Oh my God! Really?! Andy Thorn thinks Hussey (a very talented young left back - and our only natural left back) should start?! Well f*ck me... :facepalm:

Thorn is doing fine with the resources given; and this is the most entertaining football City have played in nearly 15 years. Back the players and manager and blame it all on SISU - it's their fault.

Marty

What the hell do you expect from this squad?

A bit of fight possibly?? This is their chance to shine, chance to say remember that season in 2011 when nobody gave us a chance, playing with a bunch of kids, no investment in the squad and off the field problems and we stayed up, but sadly all we'll hear is how great it was to watch them play it around the defence for half an hour without ever looking like threatening their goal, so far this season, the majority of the players should feel ashamed of themselves and count themselves lucky if anybody is stupid enough to offer them a deal. There has been only 1 point in this season where i think we could be alright and that was after that derby performance, but even that was littered with errors, sadly i think my predition of relegation will happen :(

Astute

the players and manager are getting away with murder because of the ownership issue.

I partially agree with this, but we also need a few more players. Attacking midfielders are a must. Loans would do. This is down to SISU. The blame is not down to the same reason all the time. Some are more at blame than others though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oh my God! Really?! Andy Thorn thinks Hussey (a very talented young left back - and our only natural left back) should start?! Well f*ck me... :facepalm:

Thorn is doing fine with the resources given; and this is the most entertaining football City have played in nearly 15 years. Back the players and manager and blame it all on SISU - it's their fault.
speak for yourself but I haven't been entertained this season, we are starting to concede goals and not scoring them. That is a recipe for relegation.

Astute

But we are playing a much more entertaining style under AT than AB. When AB was in charge you either got a sore neck from looking up at the ball all the time or you found somewhere to lie down and watch the ball in the air whenever we got it.

wingy

Lets not forget Colemans clueless win ugly tenure also,theres nothing wrong with ATs style apart from delivery to strikers,its the ball into the box that fails ,they get to 25 yds out ,tippy tappy with each other ,the defence has time to get set ,and then they try to deliver Bekham style,meat and veg for the defense.theres no one bursting through from the tip and and BELL ,HUSSEY do not want to take on the full back,if GEAL gets back he has to to play @ the top of midfield ,it was evident he has more in his locker,, than he's been allowed to show from his friendly performances.personally i would have recruited ,a certain GRAHAM ALEXANDER it the summer ,for his leadership ,dead ball expertise ,coventry connection ,Canley lad,scottish international captain ,free of charge and no great wage demands:thinking about:

Macca

speak for yourself but I haven't been entertained this season, we are starting to concede goals and not scoring them. That is a recipe for relegation.

yeh its better but it stops getting entertaining the moment we cross the halfway line.

nearly 15 years? I preferred 1998 1999 and 2000 myself :D

Macca

I partially agree with this, but we also need a few more players. Attacking midfielders are a must. Loans would do. This is down to SISU. The blame is not down to the same reason all the time. Some are more at blame than others though.

there is a lot to blame SISU for but I also think that this team playing at its potential is not a bottom 3 side. They need to shoulder the blame too

Nonleagueherewecome

Lets not forget Colemans clueless win ugly tenure also,theres nothing wrong with ATs style apart from delivery to strikers,its the ball into the box that fails ,they get to 25 yds out ,tippy tappy with each other ,the defence has time to get set ,and then they try to deliver Bekham style,meat and veg for the defense.theres no one bursting through from the tip and and BELL ,HUSSEY do not want to take on the full back,if GEAL gets back he has to to play @ the top of midfield ,it was evident he has more in his locker,, than he's been allowed to show from his friendly performances.personally i would have recruited ,a certain GRAHAM ALEXANDER it the summer ,for his leadership ,dead ball expertise ,coventry connection ,Canley lad,scottish international captain ,free of charge and no great wage demands:thinking about:

Alexander missed a pen yesterday! Well, it was saved. He looked seriously p'd off, like he didn't know how to react!

I think you might have something about Gael, he was much better in preseason than in the league so far. But isn't that to do with pressure, confidence, and the quality of opposition? We know he's going to be special, but I don't think he has been playing within himself under instructions-I just dunno if he's ready yet to be playing at our level, especially not with a team full of other youngsters which is low on confidence and leadership.

I suppose you could call it maturity. I loved his celebrations after Derby, and his "God sent me to Coventry on a mission" stuff..but really, they are kinda the behaviour of a child rather than a man...

Astute

I suppose you could call it maturity. I loved his celebrations after Derby, and his "God sent me to Coventry on a mission" stuff..but really, they are kinda the behaviour of a child rather than a man...

More like love is blind, otherwise how many of us would ever get married? From what he came from to where he is now he feels love from CCFC. As long as he don't know the truth he will never leave us. When he knows what SISU is about he will go :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread