Gustavo Hamer (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 2477

Whether it’s 4 million 6 million or 20 million Robins will be lucky to get 1 million for team building and we will still have the fourth lowest budget in the division.
[/

quotes like this belong on the facebook group

Bugsy

Yorkshire SB

Tricky one with Gus - only two years left on his deal so the club will feel under pressure to cash in. £4m seems a poor deal for us though (yes we only paid £1.3m and he had a bad end to the season), would be disappointed if he went for that. A good season next year, bit more money in the market and he's easily worth at least £8m.

Really hope we don't sell, would love to see him play live.

slowpoke

He got more than one million last year
Correct probably near to two million but still a lot less than transfer income if we include the Callum Wilson money. If Robins is allowed that again from this budget plus let’s say half from any Hamer fee thumbs up could make us a strong outfit this coming season.

Greggs

Are people really turning their noses up at 4million quid. Unreal. I'd snap their hands off!

SBAndy

Correct probably near to two million but still a lot less than transfer income if we include the Callum Wilson money. If Robins is allowed that again from this budget plus let’s say half from any Hamer fee thumbs up could make us a strong outfit this coming season.

What other transfer income did we make last summer? Can you think of anything else going on that may have eaten up a chunk of transfer income?

fernandopartridge

I'm not saying that SISU will pocket the cash but I would guess any income will be used in this order

1. Repay any cash input by SISU to cover operating costs
2. Pay an interest payment on SISU debt per previous years
3. Be reinvested in to the squad

Sky Blue Pete

I'm not saying that SISU will pocket the cash but I would guess any income will be used in this order

I think that’s bang on and other than the interest who would argue with that.

steve cooper

It's never easy to follow where the money from transfers goes, but to my recollection when we have sold a player for a significant amount we have always seen some back for new players (recently anyway)

slowpoke

I wouldn’t argue with any of that but let’s not forget the millions thrown away the season before last especially how well we were playing, taking the club 22 miles away to play our home games reducing our gate
S by over 60% and we were doing the same last season COVID has masked that and it didn’t matter that much last season.
Needless loss of income.

mark82

I wouldn’t argue with any of that but let’s not forget the millions thrown away the season before last especially how well we were playing, taking the club 22 miles away to play our home games reducing our gate
S by over 60% and we were doing the same last season COVID has masked that and it didn’t matter that much last season.
Needless loss of income.

Yep, wouldn't disagree with that. All parties were to blame for that situation. We're back now though so let's move forward.

Users who are viewing this thread