Gustavo Hamer (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueBailey

Even if we stay up this season I can’t see us holding onto to him, how much do you think we could sell him for?

JoshCCFC1987

Some people saying stupid fees of 10 mill plus I reckon around 6/7 is a fair price considering we got 3.5 for mcallum

ccfcmad1

Some throwing crazy figures about which I partly understand given today's spending but would be surprised if we get over 5mill possibly 7 if add ons included.

SkyBlueBailey

Some throwing crazy figures about which I partly understand given today's spending but would be surprised if we get over 5mill possibly 7 if add ons included.

I agree, if we get 6 million with add ons like Maddison’s deal then it would be good business.. I’d love to think we’d see some of that reinvested into the team but I can only see that happening if we stay up and even then it would be something silly like a million.. they’d use the excuse “we need it for the new stadium in Warwick Uni”

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think we will keep him till January, undoubted quality.
However temperament is an issue and he’s not been at his best the last 2 or 3 games

Would be great for fans and him to acknowledge each other though

Sky Blue Pete

I genuinely think he’s knackered. Be good with Kelly james hamer sheaf Ohare all fit to let people play and get some minutes off.

Not sure id look to break the bank on him as an opposing manager. They’ll be nibbles from teams in top half of championship.

PVA

He's a really good player, but not quite as good as some on here were making out, with fees of £15m being bandied about.

I think around £5m would be about right. If he has a brilliant end to the season and keeps up with some great form then maybe we could get £7m or something.

I think he'll stay beyond the summer. But if not, Liam Walsh will be the perfect replacement 😜

Magwitch

I doubt there will be big interest from premier teams unless one of the promoted teams grab him or even a relegated one I wouldn’t rule out overseas interest As for fee not sure can’t see much more than doubling what we paid so £3/4 million so that will mean about a third of that if we are lucky for the manager to find a replacement

chiefdave

Even if we stay up this season I can’t see us holding onto to him, how much do you think we could sell him for?
Depends, two weeks ago he was worth £15m or more to a Prem team but after the last couple of games he's now rubbish and Robins should be thinking of bomb squading him :ROFLMAO:

Briles

The fee be will be dictated by what he's worth to the buyer not really what we value him at. Likely to get more for him from a team that he will walk straight into

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The fee be will be dictated by what he's worth to the buyer not really what we value him at. Likely to get more for him from a team that he will walk straight into
But the value goes up as in terms of what being in this league means to us.

we run at what we make we can spend.His value will be the difference between what we make in league one and the championship.

i think we’ll make a play to give him a longer contract if we stay up. That’ll also dictate his value.

cc84cov

I genuinely think he’s knackered. Be good with Kelly james hamer sheaf Ohare all fit to let people play and get some minutes off.

Not sure id look to break the bank on him as an opposing manager. They’ll be nibbles from teams in top half of championship.
He clearly needs a rest I think

AOM

I'd be more worried about losing O'Hare personally.
Agree with others though, don't think we've seen the best of Hamer yet.

Londonccfcfan

I dont think anyone has
Lunatics valuation: £15m. Realists valuation: £5-6m

Has anyone actually said 15m....?

He may well actually end up as leading goalscorer in the league if he kicks on with 10. That would be some return for a midfielder. But cant see that happening if Walker is fit.

Currently about £5-6m is right. Anything less imo he would be a bargain.
Hes done fantastic overall so far when you consider everything.

Ccfcisparks

I dont think anyone has

Has anyone actually said 15m....?

He may well actually end up as leading goalscorer in the league if he kicks on with 10. That would be some return for a midfielder. But cant see that happening if Walker is fit.

Currently about £5-6m is right. Anything less imo he would be a bargain.
Hes done fantastic overall so far when you consider everything.
Yes quite a few peope. CC84COV being one.

Evo1883

I'm regards to fees, most of us don't actually know, we've not had a player worth anything sold whilst we've been at this level for 10 years.. Gus has a lot of scope to keep improving, he's only 23 which is young and has bags of ability.

I still think 5 mill is generous personally, when you consider Norwich can turn down 16 mill for max arrons who dabo made look like a league 2 player when we played
Blues sold Bellingham for 25 million
Bournemouth sold Harry arter, 31 years old for 4.9 Mill
Huddersfield selling karlan grant for 15 Mill to West brom, doesn't hardly play for them.

You can demand the money at this level, it's not league 1 or league 2... plus gus has media hype around him, he's talked about at this level.

We've some value, I hope we don't release for pittance

He's worth more than 4 mill, remember he's playing in a struggling team, imagine him in a team that wasn't

Last edited:

Briles

I'm regards to fees, most of us don't actually know, we've not had a player worth anything sold whilst we've been at this level for 10 years.. Gus has a lot of scope to keep improving, he's only 23 which is young and has bags of ability.

I still think 5 mill is generous personally, when you consider Norwich can turn down 16 mill for max arrons who dabo made look like a league 2 player when we played
Blues sold Bellingham for 25 million
Bournemouth sold Harry arter, 31 years old for 4.9 Mill
Huddersfield selling karlan grant for 15 Mill to West brom, doesn't hardly play for them.

You can demand the money at this level, it's not league 1 or league 2... plus gus has media hype around him, he's talked about at this level.

We've some value, I hope we don't release for pittance

He's worth more than 4 mill, remember he's playing in a struggling team, imagine him in a team that wasn't

Would he stand out in a non struggling team though?

Malaka

He seems to have lost his Mojo at the moment. Dunno if he has a minor injury or a psychological issue. I like him and think he will be quality, but he is not quite ready to leave yet IMO. Another season with us, sell in January and loan him back would be a Brucie bonus

Grendel

fernandopartridge

Why would a club pay a significant fee for a player that has obvious talent but still clearly plenty to learn? If you're looking at him you'd probably be content to let him stay here, he's guaranteed game time in a side that tries to play football. Another season is another season of his contract out. It would be really strange if anybody offered any significant amount of money for him.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Some of the valuations suggested in this thread are hugely inflated. The club will have done incredibly well if they received a penny more than £4m if he was sold.

The pandemic has almost certainly instigated an attitude shift amongst clubs whereby the willingness to pay over the odds for players has diminished - for the time being anyway. PL clubs aren't going to have him on their radar and due to the above, most Championship clubs aren't going to have the reserves to pay significant fees this summer. This also applies to overseas clubs.

Unless the club force a sale in an attempt to recuperate the losses incurred over the past 12 months, I suspect he'll be here next season.

superskyblue

That’s optimistic even - I doubt he will be on the radar of many clubs

Ranks highly (compared to other Championship midfield players) on a lot of the key metrics that recruitment analysts use to scout players. I don't know what that means for his price, but it definitely means he'll be on the radar of all of the big Championship clubs and a lot of the Premier League clubs (outside of the big boys) too.

no_loyalty

Only accept anything 6m+. As long as the cash is given straight back to Robins.

I suppose it would depend on if his previous club had a sell on clause inserted into the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread