Gus Hamers Song (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Read the interview Gus did in the telegraph the other day (Here)

This bit:
“I then lived almost 20 years in Holland before coming over to England. So that’s why I am still Brazilian, but from the inside I feel more Dutch than Brazilian.”

Got me thinking if his "He's Brazilian" song sits a bit weird with him?! Sounds like his time in Brazil holds bad memories.

I'm not under any allusion that we could change it now, way to much of a fixture in our repertoire. But how would it go if we could make a second verse?

I'm shite at these things, there are way better songsmiths on here but how about I kick off with..

Gus is Dutch, he didn't cost that much.

Sexy passing and perfect
touch..

Gusss-taaa-vooo

hill83

7XPW.gif

ruralcov

How about?

He's a Dutch man,
he didn't cost that much man

Sexy passing and perfect touch..
Gusss-taaa-vooo

letsallsingtogether

Oh Hamer ohhhhh
Oh Hamer ohhhhh
He comes from Holand
kicks you into the Stand
Ohh Hamer

I know I know!

pusbccfc

Always thought the song didn't fit. He's not really Brazilian. It's like the Wales fans singing 'He's from England' to half their team.

baldy

Read the interview Gus did in the telegraph the other day (Here)

This bit:
“I then lived almost 20 years in Holland before coming over to England. So that’s why I am still Brazilian, but from the inside I feel more Dutch than Brazilian.”

Got me thinking if his "He's Brazilian" song sits a bit weird with him?! Sounds like his time in Brazil holds bad memories.

I'm not under any allusion that we could change it now, way to much of a fixture in our repertoire. But how would it go if we could make a second verse?

I'm shite at these things, there are way better songsmiths on here but how about I kick off with..

Gus is Dutch, he didn't cost that much.

Sexy passing and perfect
touch..

Gusss-taaa-vooo

Who cares? End of thread

Alkhen

If he lived for 20 years in Holland before he came here 3 years ago he was only 2 when he left Brazil, how many bad memories can a 2 yo have ?

Wasn’t he adopted or did I make that up?

Read the article maybe 🤷‍♂️

Adopted by a Dutch couple, put in a children's home with his brother, doesn't think of his biological parents as 'parents'. Feels Dutch rather than Brazilian.

Samo

Please don't do this

Hertsccfc

Always thought the song didn't fit. He's not really Brazilian. It's like the Wales fans singing 'He's from England' to half their team.
I am not sure it's worth worrying too much about factual accuracy in football chants. Fond of him though I am I am not sure O'Hare is the Solihul Messi, or that we will never lose. Also Doyle did give the ball away rather a lot.

Alkhen

He's from Holland, Foot like fucking Wand man.
I am not sure it's worth worrying too much about factual accuracy in football chants. Fond of him though I am I am not sure O'Hare is the Solihul Messi, or that we will never lose. Also Doyle did give the ball away rather a lot.
Good point well made.

TomRad85

I also think McSheffrey being better than Henry was dubious.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

nunchuckas

I think the Big Mo song has to go down as our most factually correct song that I can remember; no exaggeration, no hyperbole, just stating the two undeniable facts that he comes from Bosnia, and he is indeed a big old lad.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think the Big Mo song has to go down as our most factually correct song that I can remember; no exaggeration, no hyperbole, just stating the two undeniable facts that he comes from Bosnia, and he is indeed a big old lad.
Andy Whing definitely had red hair, and I for one didn't care. Maybe others did though.

nunchuckas

Andy Whing definitely had red hair, and I for one didn't care. Maybe others did though.
Yeah, the 'we' as a collective ruins the factuality of that one, there's bound to be at least one anti ginger out there who was bothered by it.

Also if you want to be super persnickety, you could say his hair isn't red, and is one of a variety of other shades down to one's own opinion/eyesight.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, the 'we' as a collective ruins the factuality of that one, there's bound to be at least one anti ginger out there who was bothered by it.

Also if you want to be super persnickety, you could say his hair isn't red, and is one of a variety of other shades down to one's own opinion/eyesight.
I was assuming that anyone bothered by it wouldn't sing the chant. Or might even have refused to go to games out of protest.

Could be wrong.

Covkid1968#

I genuinely cared about Greg having no hair….did anyone suggest changing the song because it wasn’t true… did they feck.

Users who are viewing this thread