Guess the crowd for Morecambe...... (2 Viewers)

pastythegreat

Why don’t the club say that holders of a ticket for Morecambe will get a chance to buy Wembley tickets (if we get there) before they go on general sale?
I don't think it's something they can promise really. There's an order to selling tickets,
ST holders, members, JSB, match package holders. Suppose they can't garuntee how many we will get or how many these groups will sell. If they make promises to Morecambe stub holders and run out before it gets that far. Or worse still they jump the que for tickets ahead of members or match package holders there would rightly so be uproar.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DazzleTommyDazzle

I don't think it's something they can promise really. There's an order to selling tickets,
ST holders, members, JSB, match package holders. Suppose they can't garuntee how many we will get or how many these groups will sell. If they make promises to Morecambe stub holders and run out before it gets that far. Or worse still they jump the que for tickets ahead of members or match package holders there would rightly so be uproar.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was thinking that they sell the tickets in the normal order - season ticket holders first etc, but then add an extra stage, so that immediately before general sale they give one or two days priority to those with Morecambe tickets. The final isn't until Bank Holiday Monday so there should be time.

No promises, no guarantees, but an increased chance of a ticket - and with us likely to get 40,000+ tickets for Wembley (still going to keep saying, IF we get there - not tempting fate!), a pretty good chance.

If it put an extra 5k on the gate, that'd be £100k extra revenue.

Adge

I was thinking that they sell the tickets in the normal order - season ticket holders first etc, but then add an extra stage, so that immediately before general sale they give one or two days priority to those with Morecambe tickets. The final isn't until Bank Holiday Monday so there should be time.

No promises, no guarantees, but an increased chance of a ticket - and with us likely to get 40,000+ tickets for Wembley (still going to keep saying, IF we get there - not tempting fate!), a pretty good chance.

If it put an extra 5k on the gate, that'd be £100k extra
Yeah, but that would be a new F-type Jag for Joy and Tim.

Kneeza

I may even turn up myself. Oh no, W*sps still own the ground don't they?
Sorry.

Sky Blue Harry H

12,000 to 13,000

Usual 8k plus 500 from Morecambe plus a bonus 4K City fans

Hope I’m wrong and it’s 32,000!

I think you may be close to the mark 'matesx' - Morecambe have been getting crowds of 900 lately (including small away following) so can't see more than 500 of them (if that).

Kneeza

None of your ticket money goes to wasps. Just don’t buy anything in the ground and they gain nothing.
It just feels dirty somehow.
I loathe Timmy, Joy and Sisu so much that I wouldn't spit on them if they were up to their necks in the fires of hell.
But I really don't like W*sps.

Londonccfcfan

Why don’t the club say that holders of a ticket for Morecambe will get a chance to buy Wembley tickets (if we get there) before they go on general sale?

Everyone who wants a ticket for Wembley will get one. We won't sell 40k in 10 days.

Have to remember last year we had 7 weeks between semi and final.

Whole different ball game.

Liquid Gold

It just feels dirty somehow.
I loathe Timmy, Joy and Sisu so much that I wouldn't spit on them if they were up to their necks in the fires of hell.
But I really don't like W*sps.
I can't stand the cuckoos in the nest but I don't really know how you can claim to be a city fan if you're skipping this game because of who owns our stadium.

Warwickhunt

13,995 ! trouble is I won't be able to go for a piss in peace with all the newbies being there been nice to be able to get served during the break in plenty of time as well

Ashdown

It would be more sensible of the club to incentivise the Morecambe game than give too many tickets to ST holders again. That really does often mean tickets getting into the hands of people who aren't even normally fans.

The Reverend Skyblue

As someone has already pointed out we implode everytime we play in front of a big crowd at the Ricoh, so if there is a big demand for tickets could the club consider moving it to Wembley where we have a very good 66.33% win rate, or if that's not possible please could every floating fan try not to attend and just let the mainstays attend as we can play perfectly well in front of 8-10,000 crowds

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

As someone has already pointed out we implode everytime we play in front of a big crowd at the Ricoh, so could the club consider moving it to Wembley where we have a very good 66.33% win rate, or if that's not possible please could every floating fan try not to attend and just let the mainstays attend as we can play perfectly well in front of 8-10,000 crowds

Although Reverend tries hard in all of his maths lessons, he needs to check his work with a calculator before submitting. 'A' minus (sorry Rev !)

Otis

Wonder if it's worth shifting the Morecambe fans into the corner by the main stand so we can have some home fans behind the goal for this one and for any consequent play-off game. Just as a one-off (or two off in this case).

Or just shift them over and have behind the goal empty. Just don't give them any encouragement.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wonder if it's worth shifting the Morecambe fans into the corner by the main stand so we can have some home fans behind the goal for this one and for any consequent play-off game. Just as a one-off (or two off in this case).

Or just shift them over and have behind the goal empty. Just don't give them any encouragement.

Or just spread them about the corporate boxes, so they choke on their prawn sandwiches and can't shout!

The Reverend Skyblue

I actually had a Lee Burge nightmare dream last night, totally honest, it was last minute at Wembley against Notts of County and he came for a ball only an insane lunatic would come for, missing it by 5 metres letting in their striker to calmly tap it in for the winner.
My dream could have gone on for another half hour and into extra time which would have included a wonderful late winner from McNulty but Burge's blunder fucked that up.

The Reverend Skyblue

Although Reverend tries hard in all of his maths lessons, he needs to check his work with a calculator before submitting. 'A' minus (sorry Rev !)
Harry, we have played there three times, the FA cup the charity shield and the mighty checkatrade trophy,winning two and losing to Everton in the shield am I missing something as I know its early and I have a belting hangover

Sky Blue Harry H

Harry, we have played there three times, the FA cup the charity shield and the mighty checkatrade trophy,winning two and losing to Everton in the shield am I missing something as I know its early and I have a belting hangover

it's 66.66% not 66.33% - and I feel cheap and dirty for pointing it out ! Claim a pint from me at any home game of your choosing (I still owe Otis one!)

Sky Blue Pete

I actually had a Lee Burge nightmare dream last night, totally honest, it was last minute at Wembley against Notts of County and he came for a ball only an insane lunatic would come for, missing it by 5 metres letting in their striker to calmly tap it in for the winner.
My dream could have gone on for another half hour and into extra time which would have included a wonderful late winner from McNulty but Burge's blunder fucked that up.
I genuinely think that some people will be blaming Burge for that mistake

christonabike

I only have dreams about my sister inlaw, mates wives and the new bar maid. Oh and always have the pan handle whilst I hide it going to the loo in case erindoors thinks she has a chance.:joyful:

sylus

Apparently Morecambe are laying on free travel for our game next Saturday to try and get as many of them here as possible .

M

Martw

thats good if Morecambe on laying on free travel, the more of them there the better for me, get a bit of atmosphere and banter going. That said, I'm still in the camp that says if we can't beat them we don't deserve to go up, perhaps a tad harsh but there you go. I reckon circa 12,500 but would love a really big crowd. I would expect at least 20k for our home play off game.

Brylowes

The more the better IMO, but if I’m honest I can’t see it topping 13.000.
Would love to be wrong though.

Brylowes

Think it might be if it's hyped enough and the weather is set to be nice too.
Hopefully you’re right, I’d love to be there but been having a problem with my legs, last one
I went to was Notts County away ‘really enjoyed it but could hardly walk for a week after.

Users who are viewing this thread