Groundshare back on (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
You don't even need an understanding of the media to realise his interview was scripted. He would've known full well the type of questions that would've been asked and realistically I doubt he would've been too worried about being interrogated. He most likely would've sat down with a PR professional to go through questions and responses beforehand. Why do you think he went onto Talk Sport specifically? He was questioned by presenters and ex-footballers who neither have the nous or expertise to instigate a formal investigative interrogation of TF and CCFC's woes. Like I said he would've been advised about the type and tone of the questions asked and would've gone into the interview knowing full well the question's asked wouldn't have gone into any specifics - as to put it simply 95% of Talk Sport's listeners aren't interested.

I doubt they were expecting it either. The club has clearly banged on the same drum for all parties to hear, including Wasps and CCC, and now they've suddenly done a 180 by filing the accounts, in which they have stated that they are exploring other options. Is the timing of this tactical by SISU, given that the EFL deadline is today or is there nothing in it?

Oh totally, they are all at it. The CWR ones are just like press releases over the last couple of days.

I said just before the first thing he should have been asked was "Is your signature on the paperwork for legals?" and really put him under it.

Of course there will be something in a groundshare, I think it would be stupid not to and their auditors would have needed something to get the accounts filed.

SkyBlueCRJ

Oh totally, they are all at it. The CWR ones are just like press releases over the last couple of days.

I said just before the first thing he should have been asked was "Is your signature on the paperwork for legals?" and really put him under it.

Of course there will be something in a groundshare, I think it would be stupid not to and their auditors would have needed something to get the accounts filed.

The PR battle has truly gotten underway.

Anyone with any sense would have asked such questions. But this is Talk Sport. If it were any other radio station more hard hitting questions would've inevitably been asked.

Nick

Administrator
The PR battle has truly gotten underway.

Anyone with any sense would have asked such questions. But this is Talk Sport. If it were any other radio station more hard hitting questions would've inevitably been asked.

Yep, think all sides need more scrutiny when they are reeling stuff off.

It's not exactly hard, it's just catching them out for contradictions.

SkyBlueCRJ

Yep, think all sides need more scrutiny when they are reeling stuff off.

It's not exactly hard, it's just catching them out for contradictions.

It’s not hard but I’ll go back to my original point. Talk Sport care little of the goings on below Championship level. Their reporting of the Blackpool scenario is a clear example of this.

TF going on Talk Sport is like a university student taking SATs exams. There might be a few tricky questions but you’ll easily pass the test. It was made far too easy for him because the interview was never going to be or meant to be a challenge in the first place

Captain Dart

The talksport thing was bollocks.

Anybody worth their salt would have made him specify what was said live on air and made him squirm.

I genuinely think that Wasps / CCC weren't expecting the club to file accounts for starters, people now seem shocked they will be looking at options other than the Ricoh.
I did not think they would file till after the supreme court decision on JR2 but I most certainly thought they would be looking at options.

I made a few posts about it questioning why the club was publicaly stateing they were not looking but pointing out it was effectively directors duty to be doing so.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think this time around more people would follow the team to another ground. However it wont mean a crowds will be at current levels. Even a 50% reduction is going to leave a big hole in the finances. Another teams ground probably is not going to be any cheaper. So how do they cover the shortfall or are we expecting SISU to provide the funds? Sell the better players, reduce the wages and the ability to compete will be affected

NorthernWisdom

or are we expecting SISU to provide the funds?
Well, given you asked... ;) unlike Northampton, the end game probably doesn't require SISU to keep the team propped up this time around. So then yes, you have to look at the squad, and selling assets. Could well be the club absolutely *need* Wilsdon sold in the summer, to head off any catastrophic fire sale for a year or two.

Captain Dart

I think this time around more people would follow the team to another ground. However it wont mean a crowds will be at current levels. Even a 50% reduction is going to leave a big hole in the finances. Another teams ground probably is not going to be any cheaper. So how do they cover the shortfall or are we expecting SISU to provide the funds? Sell the better players, reduce the wages and the ability to compete will be affected
Conspiracy theory #2.
I wondered a while ago why the club was bringing more players from outside into U23 setup. It crossed my mind it was a contingency against playing out of coventry and getting relagated as they could be used in league 2 and developed as saleable assets at the same time.

Or you believe the press release about not enough players coming through academy.

Users who are viewing this thread