Ground Staff? (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

Sorry if this had been answered on the W*SPS died thread but…

Where do we stand with ground staff that look after the pitch?

If W*sps have made everyone redundant that includes all ground staff.

Have we got an arrangement for our training ground ground’s people to do CBS or is there a shared arrangement with W*sps and CCFC with grounds staff?

No good having a ground not being buggered by the rugby if the pitch isn’t been looked after!

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chiefdave

As Nick says they would be employed by ACL I would have thought.

We also have our own team that look after Ryton who could step in and are probably involved anyway as there was 'our ground staff couldn't get access during the CWG' type comments during the whole pitch debacle.

edgy

Regrettably, upon appointment the Joint Administrators were required to make 167 employees redundant, including all members of the playing squads and coaching staff. A small number of employees have been retained to support with the orderly wind down of the company and the operation of the CBS Arena, which is unaffected by this administration and continues to trade as normal.

All F&B, stewards etc are from outsourced suppliers so it shouldn't effect the provision tonight. Unless of course those outsourced suppliers are concerned about ACL's ability to pay for their services and pull the plug or limit their services.....

Sbarcher

Regrettably, upon appointment the Joint Administrators were required to make 167 employees redundant, including all members of the playing squads and coaching staff. A small number of employees have been retained to support with the orderly wind down of the company and the operation of the CBS Arena, which is unaffected by this administration and continues to trade as normal.

All F&B, stewards etc are from outsourced suppliers so it shouldn't effect the provision tonight. Unless of course those outsourced suppliers are concerned about ACL's ability to pay for their services and pull the plug or limit their services.....
I presume all suppliers would have insisted payment with order to ensure they are not out of pocket.

Nick

Administrator
I assume that’s why ACL hasn’t gone into admin and needs bridge funding.

Although I still don't get that Wasps / CCC are saying how much of a successful business it is that it is anywhere near admin.

ccfc922

Just on a side note ref pitch, has it been confirmed which party paid for the pitch repairs?

If it was CCFC, was it paid to the repair company directly or via Wasps? 🤔

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

As Nick says they would be employed by ACL I would have thought.

We also have our own team that look after Ryton who could step in and are probably involved anyway as there was 'our ground staff couldn't get access during the CWG' type comments during the whole pitch debacle.

The shit will hit the fan if ACL go into administration, never mind the pitch, what about the match day steward's ect.

Terry Gibson's perm

Although I still don't get that Wasps / CCC are saying how much of a successful business it is that it is anywhere near admin.

They had this very unique thing called Covid it only seems to have affected them.

Users who are viewing this thread