Ground share will be a disaster (6 Viewers)

ccfcway

I think if some local pubs get ifollow on the go they will make a fortune.

Not convinced they would. People go to away games, people went to Northampton, many have said this time it’s different. Attendances away from Ricoh will likely be somewhere between Northampton attendances and Ricoh ones now

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So if we play home games at burton you wouldnt go, but the away game at burton you’d go to ?
Possibly. Otherwise I'll get to go to all the different league 1 grounds except Burton. I'm guessing the money goes to Burton.

Nick

Administrator
Not convinced they would. People go to away games, people went to Northampton, many have said this time it’s different. Attendances away from Ricoh will likely be somewhere between Northampton attendances and Ricoh ones now
Depends where is it. If it's 50 miles even if people wanted to go they might not be able to get there so would go to a pub with other city fans if they showed games.

I probably couldn't make every game like I can at the ricoh but would go to a pub.

ccfcway

Depends where is it. If it's 50 miles even if people wanted to go they might not be able to get there so would go to a pub with other city fans if they showed games.

I probably couldn't make every game like I can at the ricoh but would go to a pub.

Worst case (in terms of distance) has to be MK ?

We have a history of taking a lot of fans there.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I hear this but I see no reason why gates would be any more than at Northampton. Circumstances different ? Not really . SISU have brought this on their supporters and the club they own.
If the club announces shortly that we are leaving the Ricoh and then Robins walks I can't see gates of over 1000. That's still too many.

usskyblue

This is going to piss people off but I don't care.

No one should go . There should be a total boycott, of all "home" games including cup matches.

SISU did this to Coventry supporters before and they will do it again. They have no respect for supporters and use the club as leverage, though I wonder whether in fact they need to hang on the football club at all whilst pursuing court action. They could sell it and still take court action in the way that they are, but they chose not to.
If no one goes then no doubt it will damage to club but we can't go on like this. If enough people go to make it almost pay it's way then we could be out of Coventry for years. There is no evidence whatsoever of plans for a stadium and why would that change if SISU can ship us out and stay afloat in league 2 or lower on a shoestring budget, ticking over while they pursue their own selfish interests. There is no reassurance of any sort that we will ever return if we leave at the end of this season.
It should be made clear to CCFC that the supporters will not back the club to move out of the City .We are not supporters of CCC of Wasps but will not feed money into a scheme that is morally wrong and that simply puts the club on an indefinite life support machine with SISU's fingers on the button, holding it's supporters and any other interested parties to ransom. If you chose to go to Birmingham, Rugby, MK (think what they have done) Burton Albion etc then you're telling SISU that it's okay . You're endorsing their actions. Simple as that.

Fuckaduck. So, lemme get this str8 m8...

SISU distressed the club. Wasps distressed the club. The Council distressed the club. Now you want the fans to ?

The full set will see the end of the club.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Only for big cup games and when we are pushing promotion. We should not be putting money towards propping up some parasitic club that effectively ended Wimbledon F.C. Their fans have had it even worse than ours.

Nick

Administrator

Yeah mk would be physically impossible for me to get to games like I do at the Ricoh if i wanted to be anyway at mk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Fuckaduck. So, lemme get this str8 m8...

SISU distressed the club. Wasps distressed the club. The Council distressed the club. Now you want the fans to ?

The full set will see the end of the club.
Maybe move to Stadium MK, sell 15,000 season tickets. Can you see a problem with that ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Then SISU announce , after a year away, that they are pleased to confirm that they have agreed to buy a 50% share of stadium MK/ Burton Albion's Ground "to safeguard the future of the club"
Celebrations all round.

Liquid Gold

I hear this but I see no reason why gates would be any more than at Northampton. Circumstances different ? Not really . SISU have brought this on their supporters and the club they own.
If the club announces shortly that we are leaving the Ricoh and then Robins walks I can't see gates of over 1000. That's still too many.
Plenty of people saying they would attend this time that didn't;t go to Sixfields. Me included.

usskyblue

Then SISU announce , after a year away, that they are pleased to announce that they have agreed to buy a 50% share of stadium MK/ Burton Albion's Ground "to safeguard the future of the club"
Celebrations all round.

If SISU are actually looking for land to build a stadium in Coventry? That scenario would be the Council’s doing.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Plenty of people saying they would attend this time that didn't;t go to Sixfields. Me included.
Many of those who went to Sixfields won't do it again.

stupot07

This is going to piss people off but I don't care.

No one should go . There should be a total boycott, of all "home" games including cup matches.

SISU did this to Coventry supporters before and they will do it again. They have no respect for supporters and use the club as leverage, though I wonder whether in fact they need to hang on the football club at all whilst pursuing court action. They could sell it and still take court action in the way that they are, but they chose not to.
If no one goes then no doubt it will damage to club but we can't go on like this. If enough people go to make it almost pay it's way then we could be out of Coventry for years. There is no evidence whatsoever of plans for a stadium and why would that change if SISU can ship us out and stay afloat in league 2 or lower on a shoestring budget, ticking over while they pursue their own selfish interests. There is no reassurance of any sort that we will ever return if we leave at the end of this season.
It should be made clear to CCFC that the supporters will not back the club to move out of the City .We are not supporters of CCC of Wasps but will not feed money into a scheme that is morally wrong and that simply puts the club on an indefinite life support machine with SISU's fingers on the button, holding it's supporters and any other interested parties to ransom. If you chose to go to Birmingham, Rugby, MK (think what they have done) Burton Albion etc then you're telling SISU that it's okay . You're endorsing their actions. Simple as that.
Given staying at the Ricoh is very much Plan A, and that a temporary groundshare really is the last resort/contingency.

Are you saying that it Wasps refuse to do a deal and we become homeless that you would rather us be expelled from the league and go out of existence, than a temporary groundshare???

Words fail me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Given staying at the Ricoh is very much Plan A, and that a temporary groundshare really is the last resort/contingency.

Are you saying that it Wasps refuse to do a deal and we become homeless that you would rather us be expelled from the league and go out of existence, than a temporary groundshare???

Words fail me.

How long is temporary ? Ten years ? five ? Until the new stadium is built ? What guarantees are there ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Alan Dugdales Moustache

How long is a piece of string? Could be as little as 2-
weeks, but you'd have already seen the club go under by then...

If the club goes under it's not my doing. It isn't any Coventry City supporters doing .

ccfcway

If the club goes under it's not my doing. It isn't any Coventry City supporters doing .

It’s not, but we could (in theory)prevent it.

Imagine if the Ricoh was full every week and was empty the first game we moved.

Or all attended a wasps game and it was late or stopped due to protests etc

Clearly won’t happen, but ccfc fans can play their part in this

If only we could agree on the fans plan of action

stupot07

It's what you want as opposed to a temporary groundshare (NB. the FA will never allow another MK Don's so it would never be permanent).

You're blaming fans that go to the groundshare in your original post. It's not fans fault if wasps refuse to let us have another deal, and those fans would rather the club remains in existence in a temporary groundshare as opposed to becoming extinct.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's what you want as opposed to a temporary groundshare (NB. the FA will never allow another MK Don's so it would never be permanent).

Again, what's temporary ? Do you really think SISU would state the duration or even stick to it ? "While we seek to build a stadium" Really ?. Would you take them at their word ?
The F.As track record at protecting clubs, and supporters, is poor .

stupot07

Again, what's temporary ? Do you really think SISU would state the duration or even stick to it ? "While we seek to build a stadium" Really ?. Would you take them at their word ?
Yes or No - you would rather that we were expelled from the league and ceased to exist than do a temporary groundshare??

188c61f0d346fb44abee68245d6c22b6.jpg

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yes or No - you would rather that we were expelled from the league and ceased to exist than do temporary groundshare?

Would you rather SISU buy 50% of Stadium MK and we move there permanently than we are expelled from the football league ? We then change our name to MK Coventry to try and attract the locals.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Funnily enough he hasn't really contributed to the Les Reid/sisu statement, leaked documents thread. I wonder why...

Who me ?

stupot07

Would you rather SISU buy 50% of Stadium MK and we move there permanently than we are expelled from the football league ? We then change our name to MK Coventry to try and attract the locals.
That will never happen, the FA Rules were changed after MK Don's.

Back to an actual feasible scenario.You didn't answer my question:

Yes or No. You would rather the club be expelled from the league and put out of existence than do a temporary groundshare?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That will never happen, the FA Rules were changed after MK Don's.

Back to an actual feasible scenario.You didn't answer my question:

Yes or No. You would rather the club be expelled from the league and put out of existence than do a temporary groundshare?

How long's your ground share going to be ?

Users who are viewing this thread