Ground Share Opinion. (1 Viewer)

Personally I will be travelling to Northampton, I know its not ideal but its the club I love and i'd watch them anywhere. If people don't want to go than that's also fine but I can guarantee if we start winning games and/or get a big cup draw everyone will come back, But if you feel that strongly then it shouldn't matter if we play Crawley or Man United, You should still stay away because you're still giving sisu money but it wont happen because so many people are fickle. I think if we do get a big cup draw or go far in the JPT there should be a policy where you have been to an ex amount of league games or you cant get a ticket. By not going to the games you're hurting the team, Not SISU, Players would rather play infront of 10,000 and not 1,000, SISU, ACL, Preston Haskell or Bing, None of them matter aslong as we're still a club. That's all that matters at the end of the day, Being a club. ACL are as bad if not worse than SISU, both partys have made mistakes, They just use the club as a toy, So forget all of them and support the 11 lads putting on Sky Blue on a Saturday no matter where it is.

bigfatronssba

For a start we won't get a big club in the cup as we will most likely be out in the 1st round, secondly I think you're underestimating the strength of feeling about this.

I support COVENTRY no one else, I couldn't care less about some team playing in Northampton.

Moff

Dont want to sound suspcious, but a lot of new posters today and most pro Ground Share?

Coincidence or not.......

Sky Blue Pete

Personally I will be travelling to Northampton, I know its not ideal but its the club I love and i'd watch them anywhere. If people don't want to go than that's also fine but I can guarantee if we start winning games and/or get a big cup draw everyone will come back, But if you feel that strongly then it shouldn't matter if we play Crawley or Man United, You should still stay away because you're still giving sisu money but it wont happen because so many people are fickle. I think if we do get a big cup draw or go far in the JPT there should be a policy where you have been to an ex amount of league games or you cant get a ticket. By not going to the games you're hurting the team, Not SISU, Players would rather play infront of 10,000 and not 1,000, SISU, ACL, Preston Haskell or Bing, None of them matter aslong as we're still a club. That's all that matters at the end of the day, Being a club. ACL are as bad if not worse than SISU, both partys have made mistakes, They just use the club as a toy, So forget all of them and support the 11 lads putting on Sky Blue on a Saturday no matter where it is.
What is it that makes the club my friend, in your opinion? Does playing in coventry feature at all???

I'm not a new poster I've been here since GMK days, Just don't post under the same name. I'm not pro ground share i'd love nothing more than to play at the ricoh but i'd support CCFC anywhere, That's all i'm saying.

J

Jack Griffin

Dont want to sound suspcious, but a lot of new posters today and most pro Ground Share?

Coincidence or not.......

Meanwhile CWR get no one prepared to phone in & support SISU's case.. :thinking about:

italiahorse

Good luck. Your selfish contribution will kill the club.

Those 11 lads don't want to be here and most will be gone in 3 years.

bigfatronssba

Yes. its still the same club no matter where we play. Its still CCFC, We still play in Sky Blue and if we do well all the woodworkers will still come crawling back.

Will we play in Coventry?

bigfatronssba

Probably not if this isn't a publicity stunt to get ACL to talk but its still the club you love and have grew up loving even if we play in Northampton for a couple of years.

I began supporting them because they represented my city. Why did you start supporting them?

I repeat, I support Coventry.

Black6Osprey

I don't think you understand what our football club is or what it represents. It's nothing to do with the team, players, management etc. Players come and go but the City and the supporters remain. It's about representing a community. The club in moving away, no longer represents the City and its community. I couldn't give a shit if we were playing Barcelona, I will never watch this team as it will no longer be my club and I think you are under estimating the strength of feeling if you think a couple of wins and it will all be great again.

RegTheDonk

Meanwhile CWR get no one prepared to phone in & support SISU's case.. :thinking about:

In fairness Jack there were a couple of pro-texts read out on Shane's show this morning. I'm sure if someone pro calls in tonight they will be able to air their views.

EDIT - Phil Upton has just said "we are searching for someone who will go"

EDIT 2 - "Sky Blue Taliban" lmao

Last edited:

ccfchandsy

We are Coventry not fucking Northampton I hate them bastards for doing this to us they are treating it like a company not a public football club do they not realise to have a viable business you need loyal customers which we used to have which I used to be however they have slowly but surely ripped that part away from me by stripping every last thing from us if you lot want to go then fine go but I will never go to a so called home again unless we're in Cov wether its a cup tie with arsenal Tottenham or Torquay or any other team
I will only go to away games
I will not be giving them one penny more of my hard earned cash

The Reverend Skyblue

Yes. its still the same club no matter where we play. Its still CCFC, We still play in Sky Blue and if we do well all the woodworkers will still come crawling back.

Well i'm fucked,if we move "its still the same club wherever we play, its still CCFC as we play in skyblue" with fans like these we have no hope of playing back in Cov. If you want to support someone who plays in skyblue, try Man City, and the rest.

What about its history,its place at the heart of the city of Coventry, the skyblue revolution under Sir Jimmy Hill,the FA Cup and all the fights under the constant threat of relegation from the old first division, do you not give two hoots about losing all this history under the parasitic rule of SISU, No we play in skyblue and that's all that matters
Why not try and save your club from moving outside their city, but no "my team plays in skyblue" , with that attitude the club is far better without you if that's all you want from your team is the colour of fecking shirt the play in.

What the hell does "the woodworkers will soon be crawling back", if it means the fans will come back come what may, you may have a shock coming in 3/4 years chap, as most will be lost forever to other sports, activities, or out of principal, yes some do stand by their principals, won't ever come back until the cancer that is SISU go once and for all

SISU are now so despised a lot of many many fans will never go to this pathetic Ikea built ground because of them, we get low crowds now what will it be like IF this ground does get built

Go and support a franchise like MK Dons, you complete tool, I even think there away shirt is a nice shade of skyblue as well

Last edited:

Otis

A few people have said this today, both on here and on GMK.

Can someone please explain how?

Ricoh average is around 11,000. Biggish game and they can easily get 13,000 - 14,000.

Northampton ground only holds just over 7,000.

How are these people going to come crawling back even if they wanted to? How can you get 13,000+ people into a 7 and half thousand capacity stadium?

It's complete tosh this notion that if we do well the fans will come back. You'll get a few who would go if City did really well I'm sure. The capacity unfortunately is 7,600 and that includes an allocation for the away contingent.

Tad

The clubs been on life support for a while now. This could just switch the machine off.

The sad thing is, I agree we need our own stadium, I just don't like how it's happening.

A few people have said this today, both on here and on GMK.

Can someone please explain how?

Ricoh average is around 11,000. Biggish game and they can easily get 13,000 - 14,000.

Northampton ground only holds just over 7,000.

How are these people going to come crawling back even if they wanted to? How can you get 13,000+ people into a 7 and half thousand capacity stadium?

It's complete tosh this notion that if we do well the fans will come back. You'll get a few who would go if City did really well I'm sure. The capacity unfortunately is 7,600 and that includes an allocation for the away contingent.

But from what fans are saying at the start the attendances will be 1,000, If we do well we will fill it which will be the fans coming back.

Otis

You can see why. Just had two on and they came across as right plums.

Sky Blue Taliban and totally incorrect facts and figures.

And I see no-one telling people they can't go. If people want to go of course they can go. People are just arguing that they shouldn't go and that is something entirely different.

Womble

Charles koppel winged on about the need for our own stadium and revenue streams, when winkleman dangled his ikea/asda shaped cock in his face, he stopped the negotiating for the greyhound stadium in Wimbledon and started sniffing the mk panties.

How the fuck are coventry going to survive playing in Northampton? It's your local club, where fans can get there easy, you start adding an hour or whatever journey to every game then people won't be bothered. Add to that travelling costs. You might get a few thousand initially but that will wane, excuses will come out if the team isn't any good.

I can't see how any coventry fan thinks its a good idea, for people to think its great that it cuts a bit of travelling out cos they live outside of cov, then that is selfish.

Coventry in the city

Nonleagueherewecome

Not it's not. CCFC are from Coventry and play in Coventry. This is SISU Northampton FC.

covhead1

Another muppet :facepalm:

bigfatronssba

Not it's not. CCFC are from Coventry and play in Coventry. This is SISU Northampton FC.

Your wasting your time with him. To him its just about going and watching a game of football. Not about the link between the club and his city.

I support Ccfc because I am proud to come from Coventry and have them represent me. If they are not in Coventry, how are the representing me?

chiefdave

It won't be 1,000. My guess is 3,000 - 4,000.

maybe to start with but a couple of months into the season when we're still under an embargo and not winning many games do you really see that many heading down midweek when it's pissing it down and freezing?

RFC

Firstly I will support the Club (& the Team) by buying a 'Season Ticket') but at this stage don't know how many home games I'll be able to attend, if others choose not to do so then because of Financial Fair Play rules they'll kill off CCFC! Personally I'm not at all happy about the situation but realise neither CC COUNCIL or ACL really want the football Club at the Ricoh, that's obvious because if they did then they'd do something positive about it instead of remaining SILENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I MIGHT ADD THAT NONE OF THE PARTIES INVOLVED AND THAT INCLUDES SISU COME OUT OF THIS DEBACLE WITH ANY CREDIT IMHO
!

For a start we won't get a big club in the cup as we will most likely be out in the 1st round, secondly I think you're underestimating the strength of feeling about this.

I support COVENTRY no one else, I couldn't care less about some team playing in Northampton.
Haven't we got a "by" in the first round?:)

bigfatronssba

Covkid1968#

Your wasting your time with him. To him its just about going and watching a game of football. Not about the link between the club and his city.

I support Ccfc because I am proud to come from Coventry and have them represent me. If they are not in Coventry, how are the representing me?

And thats the nail hit right on the head mate. I only support them becasue they represent my city! this team that will play in Northampton does not and nor will it ever represent my home town and therefore me.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I'm afraid you can't guarantee it, because it won't happen.

I'll go to away league games only and even if we draw Brazil in the FA Cup, I won't be attending.

P.S. I know that Brazil don't enter the FA Cup, but it's more likely than SISU/Otium building us a new ground within three years!

Users who are viewing this thread