Ground share Nuneaton (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

heard this rumour twice now. I would hate the idea but with the current regime nothing would suprise me. any one heard this?

ajsccfc

Seen it mentioned a few times, but as it was on Twitter it could all be recycling the same thing.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Hate the idea but at least it has 4 stands doubt it would pass the FL standard so would have to be in the conference for it to happen. While queuing for Wembley tickets at butts I just kept looking at the place wondering how low sisu plan to take us if they view that place as a suitable venue

ceetee

Hate the idea but at least it has 4 stands doubt it would pass the FL standard so would have to be in the conference for it to happen. While queuing for Wembley tickets at butts I just kept looking at the place wondering how low sisu plan to take us if they view that place as a suitable venue
I would be surprised if anyone from SISU has ever been there.

Irish Sky Blue

Would they have to put temporary seating in to meet FL rules? ( sorry guidelines). Only one stand at Liberty Way seating very few people. Three standing terraces.

Captain Dart

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's a rumour, but one that is completely believable.

All we need is one more easy relegation and either Nuneaton or The Butts is an easy option, without almost any development on either site needed.

Could this be our meant direction and end game? Definitely possible.

Ashdown

If the only end game is to keep seeing out time till the shits either win in court or Wasps fail then anything is possible with these scum, especially if it kept the utterly useless FL onside.

AFCCOVENTRY

Well we are nearly there...

Terry Gibson's perm

If the only end game is to keep seeing out time till the shits either win in court or Wasps fail then anything is possible with these scum, especially if it kept the utterly useless FL onside.

Won't matter about the football league in 12 or 24 months as we will not be a league club

wince

Have been told we might be there next season if ccfc can get out of the rioch deal without paying any compo for the last 12 months of the lease ,

Hobo

heard this rumour twice now. I would hate the idea but with the current regime nothing would suprise me. any one heard this?

It's a rumour. Someone has an opinion or trying to guess what will happen. This forum is a breeding ground for such rumour and speculation. It is not beyond the realm of possibility....but still a rumour whether you hear it twice or six times.

Brylowes

Have been told we might be there next season if ccfc can get out of the rioch deal without paying any compo for the last 12 months of the lease ,
If we are at the Ricoh next season I'll wager they shut the main (west) stand except
the Central corporate blocks, putting everyone in the East stand.
Some will play it as a good idea as it bunches people together which then creates a
Better atmosphere, of course the reality is it further cuts cost.

dongonzalos

A lot of people from here would refuse to go. They would be outraged about us turning up on Nuneaton's doorstep. They would not be happy as they would feel it wouldn't be fair to Nuneaton's fans.

trevelfarandwide

Even the merest suggestions of a ground share with Nuneaton is one that fills me with nothing but embarrassment.

Reality is indeed cutting, and even though it's a rumour, it pains me to see how far we have fallen.

stupot07

Its not going to happen, the ground is nowhere near FL compliant, and whilst the FL have shown flexibility in their rules I don't believe this will be one they will be willing to bend due to real safety concerns. As an existing member we have to have a min of 5k capacity with 2k seating.
8c7bd6cca99cce2be99208d8bccdd3d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

This rumour has been around before an ex copper recently left Warwickshire police told me They wouldn't have the man power to police major football matches

stupot07

This rumour has been around before an ex copper recently left Warwickshire police told me They wouldn't have the man power to police major football matches
Not sure I believe that, they are part of the west Mercia alliance in partnership with Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Telford & Wrekin, and Shropshire, they would just pull resource from those areas just like Coventry does from thr other West Midlands police areas.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

The crowd will still be a maximum of about 5k wouldn't it. How did they manage when Nuneaton played Middlesborough in 2006?

Gosford Green

Major football match?

I'd expect even less than there was at Sixfields, I mean what self respecting CCFC fan would support the club franchised out to Nuneaton?

But it's just a rumour. We have a return option to Sixfields, but the new NTFC owners and their fans categorically do not want us there.

Where the fucking hell are the football league?

KG7

Nuneaton are up for sale too...could be an amalgamation on the cards. Coventry and Nuneaton United. Urg. Nuneaton don't own their ground either so hopefully not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Nuneaton are up for sale too...could be an amalgamation on the cards. Coventry and Nuneaton United. Urg. Nuneaton don't own their ground either so hopefully not.

That would be awful and we all know that would be tantamount to a takeover by us.

That would be so, so wrong.

no_loyalty

Major football match?

I'd expect even less than there was at Sixfields, I mean what self respecting CCFC fan would support the club franchised out to Nuneaton?

But it's just a rumour. We have a return option to Sixfields, but the new NTFC owners and their fans categorically do not want us there.

Where the fucking hell are the football league?

The football league won't care as long as they get their £1M bond

Nick

Administrator

I thought they did?

Users who are viewing this thread