Grenfell files lost forever (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

In this day and age with centralised storage, cloud backups etc then somebody should be dropping the soap if that's the case.

Especially in a corporate environment. I’ve never worked anywhere no matter how small that hasn’t had centralised back up.

Aside from anything else wouldn’t this put them in breach of GDPR for not having basic data security in place?

Nick

Administrator
It's like something off a film where they are planning a heist and steal the designer's laptop to see all the air vent plans.

Who wouldn't backup plans like that for a massive contract and leave everything on a single laptop?

Evo1883

giphy.gif

skybluetony176

In this day and age with centralised storage, cloud backups etc then somebody should be dropping the soap if that's the case.
I work for a small scale manufacturer and that wouldn’t happen to us. That’s why I know it’s BS. A project the scale of the Grenfell refurbishment for a council would need approval at every stage and on the record. There wouldn’t be one document that hasn’t been saved on multiple PC’s at multiple companies from manufacturers to contractors to client for it all to be kept on 1 PC, that’s before you even get into documents shared by email to multiple users. We’ve been involved in projects for utilities and municipals and you’re always in an email trail with multiple people copied in. It’s just complete BS to say this has been lost due to one PC. BS.

Liquid Gold

They're just seeing how much they can get away with now. The rule of law and consequences for your actions means nothing for Conservative voters anymore. They do what the fuck they want. They didn't want to deal with inquiry so they just deleted the files and are going for a "what you gonna do?" approach. Country is fucked.

clint van damme

This government is so unlucky with losing files. Incredible how often it happens. They must be gutted.

chiefdave

This is clearly BS. They aren't even claiming they were accidentally lost. The story is that this chap left the company so erased everything off the laptop.

Even if you believe he had the only copy of the document, which clearly wouldn't be the case, you'd pass the data over before wiping the laptop.

jimmyhillsfanclub

When shit like this comes out and people aren't being prosecuted because they're mates with the government you know we're in a banana republic.

Not only that....the bloke is STILL employed at Kingspan in a far more senior role than he was then.....

He may make insulation, but he's clearly made of teflon...

Sky Blue Pete

Not only that....the bloke is STILL employed at Kingspan in a far more senior role than he was then.....

He may make insulation, but he's clearly made of teflon...
I hope we missed the

Yes it is deeply insensitive and whatever the reason for me including those words in hindsight and given what’s happened I apologise for the hurt these words may have added to the families of those that died

Ffs - where is his humanity

Users who are viewing this thread