Grendel player opinions (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

Aren't Marillion his favourite band :sleep:? Doubt he would be into the Clash too. Supertramp maybe, but not the Clash!!

DannyThomas_1981

There was a call for patience at the start of the season; with most viewing a lower third finish (anything above 22nd) as a very decent achievement.

7 games in there are of course concerns but this is basically a young team finding it's way in a very difficult division. It's a big step up.

But there still seems to be a need for some to completely write our players off; so far in this thread and others Rose, McFadz, Sheaf, O'Hare, Allen and even Godden (who has had very little service) have been declared not fit for purpose for this division. That's 7 games in when we've experienced 2 red cards and everyone in the team is on a very sharp learning curve. It's always disappointing to read that kind of support when things are not going our way - we might just want to give our players who've got us back to the Champ a chance. Rose is a good example, he's clearly not match fit as yet but let's give him a chance to get back to full fitness and find his form again.

And on top of that we have some posters claiming that we should completely change the formation that has been so successful for us and even change the manager (admittedly that's just one voice and from someone who has in all likelihood never played football at any level never mind at pro level - those least qualified often shout the loudest on these forums).

7 games in. I believe that Robins will find a way and make the right clear headed decisions to get us on the right track. Turning on the manager who has been so brilliant for us (to prove a point about being completely wrong for the last 3 seasons) or immediately writing off young players stepping up a division - it's not helpful. The team and management deserves better support than is sometimes shown on here.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

There was a call for patience at the start of the season; with most viewing a lower third finish (anything above 22nd) as a very decent achievement.

7 games in there are of course concerns but this is basically a young team finding it's way in a very difficult division. It's a big step up.

But there still seems to be a need for some to completely write our players off; so far in this thread and others Rose, McFadz, Sheaf, O'Hare, Allen and even Godden (who has had very little service) have been declared not fit for purpose for this division. That's 7 games in when we've experienced 2 red cards and everyone in the team is on a very sharp learning curve. It's always disappointing to read that kind of support when things are not going are way - we might just want to give our players who've got us back to the Champ a chance. Rose is a good example, he's clearly not match fit as yet but let's give him a chance to get back to full fitness and find his form again.

And on top of that we have some posters claiming that we should completely change the formation that has been so successful for us and even change the manager (admittedly that's just one voice and from someone who has in all likelihood never played football at any level never mind at pro level - those least qualified often shout the loudest on these forums).

7 games in. I believe that Robins will find a way and make the right clear headed decisions to get us on the right track. Turning on the manager who has been so brilliant for us (to prove a point about being completely wrong for the last 3 seasons) or immediately writing off young players stepping up a division - it's not helpful. The team and management deserves better support than is sometimes shown on here.

If Rose isn’t fit then why not play Ostigard? That’s a manager decision if what you’re saying is correct and has cost us any chance of a result early on

Last edited:

DannyThomas_1981

If Rose isn’t fit then why not play Ostigard? That’s a manager decision if what you’re saying is correct and has cost us any chance of a result early on

I think that's a fair point Platt. It certainly looks like it was the wrong decision to play Rose when in my eyes he wasn't match fit.

I'm just trying to say that it's not helpful for some on the back of one game to say that Rose isn't up to this level or that Robins should go.

wingy

I think that's a fair point Platt. It certainly looks like it was the wrong decision to play Rose when in my eyes he wasn't match fit.

I'm just trying to say that it's not helpful for some on the back of one game to say that Rose isn't up to this level or that Robins should go.
Well it could have been the fact that Osti had been away internationally as much as anything else.

Evo1883

his player opinions are often quite accurate , but his agenda against robins clouds his judgement on that one

Users who are viewing this thread