Greatest ever City shirt (1 Viewer)

AlansEyes

My life has clearly become more pathetic over the last couple of years as I have invested a fair bit of time picking up old Cov shirts, with particular attention on the PL-era shirts. Just been sorting them out and was thinking about my favourites and wondered what others thought...

For me, I think the 98/99 shirt is my favourite home shirt. Maybe it's nostalgia or maybe it's that it is just an absolute beaut.

1643318350998.png

More recently, I'd say the 2019-20 home shirt is right up there as a favourite. I think we are so lucky to have had such varied shirts over the years, would hate to be someone like Everton who just get a plain blue shirt every year.

As for away kits, there's so many great ones. The red 92 shirt, the green and black stripes, that awesome/awful mix of purple and yellow. Stunning.

Anyone else have any thoughts...or is it just me who cares about this?!

LastGarrison

I can’t tell you how much I wanted this beauty but sadly my parents couldn’t afford it at the time.

u7UK0CVZ2qB5jwB.jpg

Still love it now. 😍

slowpoke

I go back years and dozens of kits but one of my favourites is the Specials one a couple of seasons ago takeing away the nostalgic angle it’s just a smart shirt design.

SkyBlueScottie

The Umbro Glazepta shirt circa 84. Hummel Granada Bingo away kit 88 Yellow. Asics home Peugeot 91-92. Asics away yellow 1990 ish with the black diagonal stripes The yellow asocs kit which followed. Pony 94 green and black stripes. Le Coq Sportif 98, Subaru, with the outline of the badge on the stripes. Probably my fave kit ever. Goes without saying, the efforts from Hummel over the past couple of years have been amongst the best.

kg82

I can’t tell you how much I wanted this beauty but sadly my parents couldn’t afford it at the time.

u7UK0CVZ2qB5jwB.jpg

Still love it now. 😍
I’ve still got this one. Can’t remember if it’s here with me or at my folks.
Think my favourite is Huckerby’s first season (96-97?). I know it had the dark blue stripes, I just like it!

torchomatic

Cobi Jones's Dreads

mRQ5hrVEl1aa1NJ.jpg

My favourite, think its the shade of blue. Everything after that just seemed a darker skyblue for whatever reason.

ajsccfc

Our first recent hummel shirt and the 80s one it was based on are up there, otherwise these three

y9osOo3.png

I had the yellow/black away and wish I'd asked for this, ideally massively oversized so that I wouldn't have been able to wear it but could now

CiVvpFX.png

Prefer this one to the Subaru one the year after

36HjGa5.png

It was a terrible season and if you don't go a size up the collar will strangle you, but absolutely love it

Terry_dactyl

Our first recent hummel shirt and the 80s one it was based on are up there, otherwise these three

y9osOo3.png

I had the yellow/black away and wish I'd asked for this, ideally massively oversized so that I wouldn't have been able to wear it but could now

CiVvpFX.png

36HjGa5.png

It was a terrible season and if you don't go a size up the collar will strangle you, but absolutely love it
That middle one was always my fave.

kg82

y9osOo3.png

CiVvpFX.png

36HjGa5.png

Yeah, that middle one! That’s my fave.

Jagmannn

When the subject of coventry city shirts comes up ...it always takes me back to Coventry playing away at Blackburn in 1993 ( please correct me if im wrong - but this always stuck im head ) listening on the radio the Blackburn commentary were saying there shirt is best described as a pink thing & giggling at them selves .....we had the last laugh ...smashing them 5 - 2 .........did we rely on the other commentary away from home in them days ?

junglej13

u7UK0CVZ2qB5jwB.jpg

Still love it now. 😍
Remember as a youngster the old club shop outside the main stand at Highfield Road having a load of these laid out and selling them for £5.

Skyblueweeman

y9osOo3.png

CiVvpFX.png

36HjGa5.png

The first one was my first ever kit, loved it...late 80s?

Skyblueweeman

1643374971427.png

This was the 2nd kit I ever owned and probably my favourite. Closely followed by:

1643375043783.png

The same season that a certain MR was wearing a yellow and green version at Norwich.

Bugsy

Should always be a contender but my personal favourite - I have a long and short sleeved version (both remakes) is the shirt we wore from 1969 - 1972.
If I knew what I was doing I'd post a pic.

This one

Screenshot_20220129-101952_Google.jpg

CDK

The fav cup final Granada shirt a classic followed by the origanal ska shirt.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

u7UK0CVZ2qB5jwB.jpg

Still love it now. 😍

Still got mine. Had my own name put on the back. Person doing it was surprised as at that time no-one had ever asked for anything other than a player name and number

Users who are viewing this thread